• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reduction in Free Airport Lounge Access by HDFC Bank from wef: 13 August 2022!

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wondering what would happen if i swipe my regalia (mastercard) on domestic airport lounge not in the list and in the lounge verification of Rs 25 or Rs 2 is debited successfully? will the bank debit my credit card later? or other ways?
Since, most domestic credit card lounges are offered by Visa/Mastercard, only limit is decided by Bank. So not very clear on the process
anyone know.

muralimr

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Wondering what would happen if i swipe my regalia (mastercard) on domestic airport lounge not in the list and in the lounge verification of Rs 25 or Rs 2 is debited successfully? will the bank debit my credit card later? or other ways?
Since, most domestic credit card lounges are offered by Visa/Mastercard, only limit is decided by Bank. So not very clear on the process
anyone know.
Charge of using lounge shown at that time of transaction.
If 25 or 2 rs charged , then that is final charge. If there is no free visit available, it will show.

If regalia priority pass used in domestic lounge, $27 will be charged after 1 or 2 months to ur credit card

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Charge of using lounge shown at that time of transaction.
If 25 or 2 rs charged , then that is final charge. If there is no free visit available, it will show.

If regalia priority pass used in domestic lounge, $27 will be charged after 1 or 2 months to ur credit card
thanks, but my question was something else.
e.g. In Mastercard List - Pune Airport is there, earlier in HDFC list, Pune Domestic was there, and now they removed.
If i swipe my card on pune lounge, and swipe went through, will HDFC Still charge me?

muralimr

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
e.g. In Mastercard List - Pune Airport is there, earlier in HDFC list, Pune Domestic was there, and now they removed.
If i swipe my card on pune lounge, and swipe went through, will HDFC Still charge me?
Final charge is the amount swiped at that time of transaction. They canot charge after that.

jainsu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
These day's most of domestic lounges are super crowded. Banks have issued millions of cards with free lounge access , but the capacity of these lounges ware never revamped /increased. I am avoiding visiting lounge because of the crowd. There is always long queues , specially morning and noon flights.

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
These day's most of domestic lounges are super crowded. Banks have issued millions of cards with free lounge access , but the capacity of these lounges ware never revamped /increased. I am avoiding visiting lounge because of the crowd. There is always long queues , specially morning and noon flights.
This Is True... Now-A-Day Even A Rs.300 Card Can Get You 2 Lounge Visits... So It's Crowded... But If You're A Vistara Gold Member And Often Travel Biz Class Then There Is Separate Lounge For That...

Cierdo

TF Premier
It was inevitable. Other banks should follow soon. IMO, in 2-3 years only the premium and super-premium cards would be left with this benefit as banks will try to contain their burn rates after onboarding customers, having offered them lucrative benefits.
If banks are to offer complimentary lounge access, they might make it spend based.
That is just my take on how things should pan out in the next few years, currently, it is a mess.
Banks want to make money and offering freebies is against that :p
I do feel that Infinia should not have been made subject to this list, but again, if HDFC has done it, other banks are not far.
Dont surrender your HDFC cards :p

vibrant143

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Master and visa has done agreement with most of the airport lounges however card issuing bank restrict this benefit to their product . So it depends on bank to pass lounge access as complimentary to their cards. The list banks keeps revising every year.
Hope it makes clear.

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Master and visa has done agreement with most of the airport lounges however card issuing bank restrict this benefit to their product . So it depends on bank to pass lounge access as complimentary to their cards. The list banks keeps revising every year.
Hope it makes clear.
Thanks, but my question was bit tricky, let me try to explain.
HDFC Bank issue me Master/Visa credit card - while issuing the card - it had Delhi Airport was there as their free lounge in the list.
Now a month later, this notification comes and Delhi Airport Lounge is not in their list.. however i am not aware of, and went to lounge and they swipe my Card, and it was showing deduction of Rs 2 and approved it.

My question is - since it is approved with 2 Rs, will HDFC Bank later change me full price of the lounge

Cierdo

TF Premier
HDFC Bank issue me Master/Visa credit card - while issuing the card - it had Delhi Airport was there as their free lounge in the list.
Now a month later, this notification comes and Delhi Airport Lounge is not in their list.. however i am not aware of, and went to lounge and they swipe my Card, and it was showing deduction of Rs 2 and approved it.

My question is - since it is approved with 2 Rs, will HDFC Bank later change me full price of the lounge
Short answer, No.
When you swipe a card on the terminal, the terminal with the lounge shows whether you have a complimentary visit available or not. If you do, you are charged Rs 2 or 25 based on Visa or MC.
If you dont have a complimentary visit available, the swipe amount is Rs 1600-1800.
You will not be charged any other amount, other than the Rs 2 charged to you.

vibrant143

TF Select
VIP Lounge

The amount which is charged as POS is final and hence no extra amount will be billed as far as visa and master card is concerned .