• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reduction in Free Airport Lounge Access by HDFC Bank from wef: 13 August 2022!

Karthik:

TF Premier
Thanks, but my question was bit tricky, let me try to explain.
HDFC Bank issue me Master/Visa credit card - while issuing the card - it had Delhi Airport was there as their free lounge in the list.
Now a month later, this notification comes and Delhi Airport Lounge is not in their list.. however i am not aware of, and went to lounge and they swipe my Card, and it was showing deduction of Rs 2 and approved it.

My question is - since it is approved with 2 Rs, will HDFC Bank later change me full price of the lounge
This is not possible. Especially with HDFC. C'mon, it's HDFC. They will be more than happy to delay your benefits. But when it comes your cost, they will be the first one to do it. Just like general interest rates. When it increases, they immediately update loan interest rates but they update deposit interest rates taking their own time.

Last edited:

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It was inevitable. Other banks should follow soon. IMO, in 2-3 years only the premium and super-premium cards would be left with this benefit as banks will try to contain their burn rates after onboarding customers, having offered them lucrative benefits.
If banks are to offer complimentary lounge access, they might make it spend based.
That is just my take on how things should pan out in the next few years, currently, it is a mess.
Banks want to make money and offering freebies is against that :p
I do feel that Infinia should not have been made subject to this list, but again, if HDFC has done it, other banks are not far.
Dont surrender your HDFC cards :p
ICICI CCs were always spend based. Spend 5k in current quarter to get lounge.

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks, but my question was bit tricky, let me try to explain.
HDFC Bank issue me Master/Visa credit card - while issuing the card - it had Delhi Airport was there as their free lounge in the list.
Now a month later, this notification comes and Delhi Airport Lounge is not in their list.. however i am not aware of, and went to lounge and they swipe my Card, and it was showing deduction of Rs 2 and approved it.

My question is - since it is approved with 2 Rs, will HDFC Bank later change me full price of the lounge
This happened to me while using Millennia dc. It says one per quarter and I tried using it and the receipt they gave me said 1 limit left so I tried using it again and it worked.

aswinsegu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Did you use Credit Card (Paid) or complimentary? or did you use Dragon Pass (comes with IDFC wealth), i am not sure priority pass for Yes First. Please elaborate more.
I used complimentary visits from both the cards. Used the actual cards as this is domestic and using priority pass/dragon pass might incur charges in India