• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia RedGiraffe payment via hdfc bill pay using credit card marked as RENTALBBPSNO instead of HDFC BILLPAY this time

JSFinance

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Looks like HDFC has patched redgiraffe payment option as well in bill pay option via credit card.

Now payment email contains remarks as RENTALBBPSNO instead of HDFC BILLPAY when payment made to redgiraffe via credit credit using hdfc bill pay.

I don’t think we will get rewards points anymore on this. I will get to know in few days once amount is settled.

Does anyone else have received reward points after getting remarks as RENTALBBPSNO via hdfc bill pay ?

Thanks,
Jaideep S

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
hi, Did you got the reward points via smartpay payment from HDFC Bill Pay portal ?
HDFC have corrected the merchant code for RedGiraffee for Bill Pay portal too. I haven't got any rewards points for Feb Transactions. Let me know if activiating Smart Pay works ?
This month smartpay bill payment didn’t go through. Had to do it manually and it was counted as rent. So would suggest to no longer use redgirraffe from HDFC bill pay.

I recently paid rent using Red Giraffe + Payzapp using an Axis Atlas credit card. Axis Bank credited only 100 Edge miles for a transaction value of Rs. 40144. See the screenshot below. Last month, I paid, and at that time, I received 802 Edge miles. I'm not sure what the issue is.

1709887276346.png

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently paid rent using Red Giraffe + Payzapp using an Axis Atlas credit card. Axis Bank credited only 100 Edge miles for a transaction value of Rs. 40144. See the screenshot below. Last month, I paid, and at that time, I received 802 Edge miles. I'm not sure what the issue is.

1709887276346.png
It seems that it has misunderstood this payment as an insurance payment and hence has given you miles only for maximum Rs. 5000/=. You need to email them screenshot from PayZapp showing that it is rent payment so that they can process balance miles. On the flip side, if PayZapp is showing rent payment as insurance payment, we can restart using our HDFC Infinia / DCB cards for the same.