• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Recent devaluation of Axis Magnus and Reserve. Further action for TF community?

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Update with the revised official devaluation, this call for action makes no sense now 🙏 Axis has played fair this time crediting all pending ER by Aug 10 including those from July month, giving everyone a chance to transfer at 5:4 one last time. My suggestion, go all in for Accor.

Hello TF family,

We all are now aware of the recent devaluation of the Axis Magnus and Reserve cards. I am writing to you as a concerned Axis customer and member of the TF community, regarding what could be our next course of action. As we know the bank changed the transfer partner ratios significantly from 5:4 to 5:1, among other unfavorable alterations. I took the initiative to personally contact Axis priority customer care, and they confirmed that an official communication regarding these changes is scheduled for release on July 11.

While I understand that product features and terms are subject to change within the purview of the bank, I firmly believe that it is our right as customers to be adequately notified well in advance. In the case of Axis Magnus, for instance, the one-month notice provided is insufficient. According to the bank's process, points earned today are credited after a period of three months. Therefore, if I have made purchases today under the assumption that the earned points would be redeemable at a 5:4 transfer rate based on the existing contract, it is only reasonable and legally justified to expect a three-month advance notice for any policy changes, as the points are credited with a three-month delay. Failure to provide such notice constitutes a malpractice on Axis's part, and I am confident that Axis will be unable to justify this oversight if brought to the attention of the RBI Ombudsman.

Considering the above circumstances, I propose the following course of action to address this malpractice. First, it is essential to raise awareness about this issue within the TF community and other credit card forums. We should utilize platforms such as Twitter and other social media channels, tagging Axis and bringing attention to this matter. Secondly, once the official communication is received on July 11, I suggest writing an email to the customer care department, highlighting the procedural lapse and malpractice that has occurred. I anticipate that the response received will likely be a standard answer. Therefore, it is crucial to escalate the matter to the Principal Nodal Officer (PNO) of the bank and after one month, subsequently, if necessary, to the RBI Ombudsman. I firmly believe that either the Ombudsman will rule in our favor and ensure the transfer of our pending points at the rightful exchange rate, or the bank itself will be compelled to settle the matter. This negotiation process also presents an excellent opportunity to discuss the possibility of converting the Magnus card to a Lifetime Free (LTF) option.

In conclusion, I believe that united action and diligent pursuit of this matter will be instrumental in resolving the issues faced by customers affected by the devaluation of Axis Magnus and Reserve cards.

Rahul

Last edited:

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Normal usage won’t earn much points
Like Amex Axis bank will hereafter run special spending rewards like if u see todays pdf they started with some foreign spend rewards

Costly lesson learned from Magnus card and Axis bank
Thanks for pointing 🤝
You get 30 ER points per 200INR on Samsung Visa Infinite. 12ER per 200INR until 1.5L and 35ER after 1.5L, but that'd just benefit high spenders or people abusing the card I guess. Even with 10% extra it's doesn't even get close to Samsung Visa Infinite, let alone other cards from other banks.

I don't have words to describe the idiocy of how they changed the benefits and how the card looks in their lineup.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
You get 30 ER points per 200INR on Samsung Visa Infinite. 12ER per 200INR until 1.5L and 35ER after 1.5L, but that'd just benefit high spenders or people abusing the card I guess. Even with 10% extra it's doesn't even get close to Samsung Visa Infinite, let alone other cards from other banks.

I don't have words to describe the idiocy of how they changed the benefits and how the card looks in their lineup.
30ER/200INR is only on partner brands and international spends. Other spends provide only 10ER/200. That's worse than Magnus.

vina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
for paying 12.5k fees we will get babaji kal

Inifinia gives 10k points i think after paying fees .. are axis bank management high on weeds ? taking 12.k fees and not giving back anything
they are not high on weeds. anyone thinking that Axis wants to keep the present cardholder base is high on weeds.

They want to bump off anyone who ever dreamed of trying to get to milestones through "special spends" like BharatNXT or friend's gift shop etc. - those are things they (or any card company) can't avoid before they happen and with the reward structure they have in place the losses even for a small fraction of the present card base engaging in that will be very punitive

HDFC avoided precisely that by devalueing Regalia to absolute shit and denying Infinia to nearly everyone.

they are not high on weeds. anyone thinking that Axis wants to keep the present cardholder base is high on weeds.

They want to bump off anyone who ever dreamed of trying to get to milestones through "special spends" like BharatNXT or friend's gift shop etc. - those are things they (or any card company) can't avoid before they happen and with the reward structure they have in place the losses even for a small fraction of the present card base engaging in that will be very punitive

HDFC avoided precisely that by devalueing Regalia to absolute shit and denying Infinia to nearly everyone.
so move to infinia ?