• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL is now started decreasing Credit Limit Check yours

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
After my Zomato edition card was changed to shoprite card , I mailed them to close the same as I had no requirement for the same.

Although I was okey to upgrade it to some premium card via retention team.

Meanwhile , yesterday , they revised my credit limit and reduced it to 30k from 252k.

Should I close the card , as RBL cards are 100% useless ? IMG_20230701_100839.jpg

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
One of my relative has Bajaj RBL Supercard. It is his first card and he keeps it just for the sake of it even though he has other cards. Last year one fine morning he discovered 5 fraudulent International online transactions for game credits were carried out using his card in the intervening night. He blocked his card and submitted complaint to nearest PS (to keep acknowledgement) then attached copy and submitted dispute form to RBL online as well as went to the nearest branch to submit the dispute form. There, no one had any clue about what was to be done with the form. Instead the BM told him, that "WHY WOULD YOU EVEN HAVE A RBL CARD THESE DAYS?, EVEN I USE A HDFC CARD !". Lol

Strange

TF Legend
One of my relative has Bajaj RBL Supercard. It is his first card and he keeps it just for the sake of it even though he has other cards. Last year one fine morning he discovered 5 fraudulent International online transactions for game credits were carried out using his card in the intervening night. He blocked his card and submitted complaint to nearest PS (to keep acknowledgement) then attached copy and submitted dispute form to RBL online as well as went to the nearest branch to submit the dispute form. There, no one had any clue about what was to be done with the form. Instead the BM told him, that "WHY WOULD YOU EVEN HAVE A RBL CARD THESE DAYS?, EVEN I USE A HDFC CARD !". Lol
Why did he keep international transactions on? Did he get the refund?

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Why did he keep international transactions on? Did he get the refund?
Haha ! I guess he learnt a lesson that day. Now a days, even I keep international transaction and ATM usage off on all cards especially since cards are no longer accepted by google or apple for subscriptios. And in case of foreign travel, they can be turned on (within a minute).

Yes, credit was provided immediately and dispute disposed off in his favor 3 months later.

ALOAK

TF Premier
I'll close RBL card for sure , but before that I'll complain to RBI ombudsman that

" I was not able to pay for a high value transaction using my RBL card as it's limit was drastically reduced without prior information. This has caused financial and mental harassment to me and I want compensation for that"
Rbi will reply if by any chance to contact RBL our Indian credit card will not give any compensation instead tlcompensation will be in form of mental torture and stress and leave u in the middle of desert high and dry

deep@vie

TF Legend
One of my friend made an excess payment of around 15k in Rbl card & he was planning to cancel the card so had already destroyed the physical card so can't use it anymore,for last 3months he's trying to get the excess amount they're making different excuses every single time.
That's RBL bank for you.

One of my friend made an excess payment of around 15k in Rbl card & he was planning to cancel the card so had already destroyed the physical card so can't use it anymore,for last 3months he's trying to get the excess amount they're making different excuses every single time.
That's RBL bank for you.
If it's possible, then use a NFC enables mobile to use tap to pay feature so that 15k can be spent offline and the excess amount problem can be solved from this.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
After my Zomato edition card was changed to shoprite card , I mailed them to close the same as I had no requirement for the same.

Although I was okey to upgrade it to some premium card via retention team.

Meanwhile , yesterday , they revised my credit limit and reduced it to 30k from 252k.

Should I close the card , as RBL cards are 100% useless ? IMG_20230701_100839.jpg
Wtf, I never heard credit limit decrease.🥴