• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL is now giving away LTF World Safari/ICON from Shoprite if you are upgraded from Zomato Edition

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys,

One big news I wanted to share with all of you.
Currently RBL is upgrading LTF Shoprite to LTF World Safari if you got LTF Shoprite from Zomato Edition.

Whoever has it, just call RBL & say that the Reward Rate is very poor with Shoprite & I don't want to continue with it.
Also ask if there is any upgrade offer for World Safari/ICON.
Based on your profile there is 99% probability that you will be offered either one of them. Many people has got it.

Go try your luck now!!

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
No, she didn't connect me to retention team. I think someone from retention team will call back on a working day. What do you think?

It's ok even if they close the card. Have 12-13 CCs and I am thinking to close the CCs which rarely have 10% discount offers on Amazon/Flipkart.
I took RBL Zomato just for birthday offer, but birthday offer got removed before my birthday 😅.

Raised closure request on Zomato app when I got migration to shoprite info. No retention call received and card closed.

Applied RBL Play 2-3 months back and just next day it got devalued. Used for 2 months and raised cancellation request. Retention team was ready to give me FYF Safari, but I wanted LTF only. They were not ready to close the card also. I told them about RBI guidelines and that I am not giving consent to re-activate it. Card closed.

RBL cards are literally the worst cards. There is no single offer anywhere.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No, she didn't connect me to retention team. I think someone from retention team will call back on a working day. What do you think?

It's ok even if they close the card. Have 12-13 CCs and I am thinking to close the CCs which rarely have 10% discount offers on Amazon/Flipkart.
So if they didn't connect you to retention team, the card is most probably closed. If they said we've temporarily blocked your card and raised a request then there might be some chance they will call back.

TF Select
So if they didn't connect you to retention team, the card is most probably closed. If they said we've temporarily blocked your card and raised a request then there might be some chance they will call back.
She said that she has taken cancellation request. Card will be closed in 5 working days. I will get a call from RBL bank and call pickup is mandatory. Card has been blocked.

TF Select
So, I got a call from RBL Bank today which was blocked by True Caller (I unblocked it later) followed by an SMS to give a missed call to a certain number to get instant callback.

Got a call after sometime and after asking my spending preferences they offered, LTF World Safari which I accepted.

Thank you everyone for your inputs and helping me in converting a useless CC to a useful one. :D

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So, I got a call from RBL Bank today which was blocked by True Caller (I unblocked it later) followed by an SMS to give a missed call to a certain number to get instant callback.

Got a call after sometime and after asking my spending preferences they offered, LTF World Safari which I accepted.

Thank you everyone for your inputs and helping me in converting a useless CC to a useful one. :D
I myself was so concerned about what would happen next 😂. Even I converted my Zomato Shoprite to ICON LTF and all the risks and stress you might have faced, I can relate to it. Finally all worth it! Congratulations!! 🥳🎊

TF Select
I myself was so concerned about what would happen next 😂. Even I converted my Zomato Shoprite to ICON LTF and all the risks and stress you might have faced, I can relate to it. Finally all worth it! Congratulations!! 🥳🎊
Thank you. 😍

But honestly there was absolutely no stress (and didn't feel any risk). There was nothing to be stressed about losing a card that I didn't use in last 12 months. :cool:

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thank you. 😍

But honestly there was absolutely no stress (and didn't feel any risk). There was nothing to be stressed about losing a card that I didn't use in last 12 months. :cool:
True, RBL ain't worth the stress. I still get calls from them for a card and I tell them I already hold ICON but they still keep convincing for TREATS card etc. until I directly hang up on them.

What did you say in spending preference?

macx

TF Buzz
They did not fall for my bluff, was offered ICON or World Safari as FYF only.
ET Money got converted to Shoprite.
Limit 1.4

Last edited:

krishg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Got World Safari delivered today. Zomato -> Shoprite -> Safari.
How to check if LTF? While upgrading, the retention team said said it would be LTF, but not written anywhere.

TF Select
Got World Safari delivered today. Zomato -> Shoprite -> Safari.
How to check if LTF? While upgrading, the retention team said said it would be LTF, but not written anywhere.
They mentioned it in the whatsapp message I received.

Got this on whatsapp:

Hi Xxxxx Xxxx, 👋

New RBL Bank World Safari Credit Card 💳 (xx27) has been issued with benefits worth Rs. 54000.

Your Card is Lifetime Free.

To view New Card features & benefits, click 👉🏻 bit.ly/link

To know Most Important Terms & Conditions, click 👉🏻 bit.ly/link

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They mentioned it in the whatsapp message I received.

Got this on whatsapp:

Hi Xxxxx Xxxx, 👋

New RBL Bank World Safari Credit Card 💳 (xx27) has been issued with benefits worth Rs. 54000.

Your Card is Lifetime Free.

To view New Card features & benefits, click 👉🏻 bit.ly/link

To know Most Important Terms & Conditions, click 👉🏻 bit.ly/link
Did they reduce your credit limit?

denisjos

TF Buzz
For Zomato to shoprite to world safari conversion, should we do any transactions on shop rite card. In my case I had changed my residence when the change happened so the shoprite card never reached me. Wondering if I should update address, get the card and then ask for an upgrade.

krishg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
After upgrading to World Safari, Shoprite is still active even after more than 1 month. How long does it take to retire the old card? Or do they keep both cards active like ICICI? :D