• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI orders Bank of Baroda to suspend further customer onboarding on ‘bob World’ mobile app

Action against Bank of Baroda under section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949

The Reserve Bank of India has, in exercise of its power, under section 35A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, directed Bank of Baroda to suspend, with immediate effect, any further onboarding of their customers onto the 'bob World' mobile application. This action is based on certain material supervisory concerns observed in the manner of onboarding of their customers onto this mobile application. Any further onboarding of customers of the bank on the 'bob World' application will be subject to rectification of the deficiencies observed and strengthening of the related processes by the bank to the satisfaction of RBI. The bank has been further directed to ensure that already onboarded 'bob World' customers do not face any disruption on account of this suspension.
20231010_192712.jpg

Akashn

TF Ace
I asked for transaction detail of a Imps done in 2018 and they thought my mobile banking account got hacked. They deregisterd my number bob world app. Now I can't log back in. They are asking me to visit branch to get it done.. now this news feels like thirteenth month of drought :p

Is there any way to get debit card details through net banking?

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I asked for transaction detail of a Imps done in 2018 and they thought my mobile banking account got hacked. They deregisterd my number bob world app. Now I can't log back in. They are asking me to visit branch to get it done.. now this news feels like thirteenth month of drought :p

This will not effect existing registered users

CosmicCat

TF Premier

That's unfortunately true for most companies in India. You ask them to do one thing, and there's a chance they would do something else.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

You can reregister yourself from netbanking.
I have done it sometimes ago..

dvader

TF Premier
Well perfect example of F around and find out. I perfectly understand if this happened in a private bank but our taxes go to these bastards. I would love to see public divestment from these bastards. Central Bank is another hell hole burdening taxpayers.