• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI ombudsman complaint for SBI and SCAPIA credit card rejection.

D3V1L

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Recently I applied SBI CASHBACK card (after cancelling my SBI Paytm credit card) and after all verification, they rejected my credit card. Even I received a mail stating that the application is rejected due to their internal policy. When I call their customer care to know the exact reason of rejection, the second level floor manager of Chennai call centre told me that they haven’t received any circular from the bank stating that they have to mention the reason of rejection and to follow n of this RBI guidelines.

Tejo

TF Legend
Recently I applied SBI CASHBACK card (after cancelling my SBI Paytm credit card) and after all verification, they rejected my credit card. Even I received a mail stating that the application is rejected due to their internal policy. When I call their customer care to know the exact reason of rejection, the second level floor manager of Chennai call centre told me that they haven’t received any circular from the bank stating that they have to mention the reason of rejection and to follow n of this RBI guidelines.
Internal policy*

You should not have canceled paytm sbi card, you can upgrade it.

D3V1L

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Internal policy*

You should not have canceled paytm sbi card, you can upgrade it.
@TejReddy Bro sbi doesn’t allow upgrade on co branded cards. It was on Visa platform and excluded from any kind of discount offer on Fk or amazon, so thought of closing and applying CB card. As SBI allows max 3 cards to normal customers.

When I ask they told they can upgrade my BPCL Octane cc but not the Sbi paytm or Irctc sbi card.

Ya according to rbi the internal policy reasons should be shared to applicants.

D3V1L

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So last month I have applied for SBI CASHBACK credit card after closing my Paytm SBI credit card (till then I didn’t know it’s RUPAY variant is coming, a mistake I did). After all the process I got a mail that my CASHBACK credit card application is rejected due to banks internal policy. I called customer care of Sbi Card and asked the particular reason of card rejection. I got a generic response that it’s because of bank internal policy.

So I requested them to transfer to the senior Floor manager. I educated the senior floor manager that according to RBI guidelines Sbi needs to mention the particular reason for credit card application rejection. But the floor supervisor told me they have no notification or mail from higher management, where it is mentioned to give the particular reason of card rejection to customer care.

Then I sent a mail to nodal officer of Sbi Card, and from there also I got the same generic mail stating due to internal policy the card application is rejected.

The same day, I raised a ombudsman complaint against SBI cards and payments, and attached all the mail proofs to check whether they can help me in this.

7days passed and on 22nd June, I got a call from SBI team for ombudsman complain, And He told that the customer service team is not aware of the RBI guideline. ( which is a bluff for sure, as the nodal officer also send the same thing in mail). And he actually told me on the call the exact reason(which I couldn’t digest I.e the debits are more from a/c credits), then I asked him to send a written mail whatever he mentioned the reason. Now I am waiting for their mail And I can see the ombudsman complaint is still open.

Similar thing I experienced while applying SCAPIA credit card, but when their customers care called meI educated them about RBI guidelines. After lots of arguments, they took the complaint and told if it is possible, their back-end team will send mail stating the exact reason of card rejection. And after three days, I got the mail with exact reason mentioned (Which is common for many SCAPIA and federal bank cc applicants i.e. More number of credit enquires in less months)

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
So last month I have applied for SBI CASHBACK credit card after closing my Paytm SBI credit card (till then I didn’t know it’s RUPAY variant is coming, a mistake I did). After all the process I got a mail that my CASHBACK credit card application is rejected due to banks internal policy. I called customer care of Sbi Card and asked the particular reason of card rejection. I got a generic response that it’s because of bank internal policy.

So I requested them to transfer to the senior Floor manager. I educated the senior floor manager that according to RBI guidelines Sbi needs to mention the particular reason for credit card application rejection. But the floor supervisor told me they have no notification or mail from higher management, where it is mentioned to give the particular reason of card rejection to customer care.

Then I sent a mail to nodal officer of Sbi Card, and from there also I got the same generic mail stating due to internal policy the card application is rejected.

The same day, I raised a ombudsman complaint against SBI cards and payments, and attached all the mail proofs to check whether they can help me in this.

7days passed and on 22nd June, I got a call from SBI team for ombudsman complain, And He told that the customer service team is not aware of the RBI guideline. ( which is a bluff for sure, as the nodal officer also send the same thing in mail). And he actually told me on the call the exact reason(which I couldn’t digest I.e the debits are more from a/c credits), then I asked him to send a written mail whatever he mentioned the reason. Now I am waiting for their mail And I can see the ombudsman complaint is still open.

Similar thing I experienced while applying SCAPIA credit card, but when their customers care called meI educated them about RBI guidelines. After lots of arguments, they took the complaint and told if it is possible, their back-end team will send mail stating the exact reason of card rejection. And after three days, I got the mail with exact reason mentioned (Which is common for many SCAPIA and federal bank cc applicants i.e. More number of credit enquires in less months)
for scapai many have face rejection you already know why and for sbi too, apply after some time and check for cibil if needed.

Last edited:

knight

TF Ace

Can you share a link to the RBI guideline for sharing rejection reasons??

aayusharyan

TF Ace

Hey,
what happened after this, were you able to get any positive response from them?
I will link your post to this thread so people know more stories like this and they don't just accept the rejection right away.
We should fight for it. As consumers, we should get a proper reason why they are rejecting.

D3V1L

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey,
what happened after this, were you able to get any positive response from them?
I will link your post to this thread so people know more stories like this and they don't just accept the rejection right away.
We should fight for it. As consumers, we should get a proper reason why they are rejecting.
SBI called and gave the reason but I asked them to send and email with the reason, but they did not give the response via mail. And RBI closed the complaint statement saying SBI has already contacted and solved the issue.

Tazact

TF Select

For me reason for rejection by Federal Bank Scapia CC : 9 CIBIL Hit in last 6 Months.
They are very sfrict in following CIBIL enquiry!