• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI Guidelines: Banks Should Allow Card Network Changes | Explained with Examples

xfactcc

TF Premier
Free, check his profile post -

Thanks man! So, it should be free as it is a replacement right...

But like someone mentioned in the comment section of that post, the representative told me that I will have to pay joining and annual fee as well for the changed card, maybe he didn't know.

If I may pry, was the MyZone card mentioned in the email was already LTF or was it converted to LTF too? 👀

xfactcc

TF Premier
Mine signet, I asked for rupay variant
Tried via twitter also, until now no reply :(
Guys
Pls help me
If the card is offered on desired network, then you should get it. If they refuse, email them and properly follow the grievance redressal escalation matrix i.e., Cust care, NO, PNO etc. cite the RBI's policy. If nothing works, reach RBI BO and let them do the noble work.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

But like someone mentioned in the comment section of that post, the representative told me that I will have to pay joining and annual fee as well for the changed card, maybe he didn't know.

If I may pry, was the MyZone card mentioned in the email was already LTF or was it converted to LTF too? 👀
Ask him, @CardCraftsman.

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I complained through RBI BO that SBI, BOB and HDFC have converted my LTF visa variant to LTF Rupay variant, it is a different thing that I don't even have Rupay cards from SBI and BOB. Also mention, if the card is not given then I will complain to consumer helpline.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I complained through RBI BO that SBI, BOB and HDFC have converted my LTF visa variant to LTF Rupay variant, it is a different thing that I don't even have Rupay cards from SBI and BOB. Also mention, if the card is not given then I will complain to consumer helpline.
Sbi ?? What
How to get sbi bpcl to rupay bpcl

xfactcc

TF Premier
Firstly, you made me chuckle. 🤭

So you already had a LTF MyZone visa, which Axis didn't want to issue Rupay for free, so you went to RBI BO and told them the other so snd so banks have given you free network change for your LTF cards, then why isn't Axis?... so, they budged?

CardCraftsman.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Firstly, you made me chuckle. 🤭

So you already had a LTF MyZone visa, which Axis didn't want to issue Rupay for free, so you went to RBI BO and told them the other so snd so banks have given you free network change for your LTF cards, then why isn't Axis?... so, they budged?
Correct . .

Krndeep

TF Buzz
Can you elobarate on that,what is the procedure?
Quoted the RBI clause and filed a complaint with RBI, in initial stages they were very keen in straight away denying the same with different reasons , hoping I would close the complaint, but they can't say that in official response to RBI, hence at last they gave up and I won.

Circular - Credit Cards issued vide Circular RBI/2023-24/131CO.DPSS.POLC.No.S1133/02-14-003/2023-24 dated March 06, 2024,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411_020800.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411_020800.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 25