• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding International Travel Insurance - Trip cancellation claim success rate?

GBajaj

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I have a query regarding the efficacy of the trip cancellation features of various travel insurance providers.

Since there continues to be significant differences in "non-refundable" fares vs flexible fares for international travel, are there good solutions to insure against trip cancellation?

Which insurers in your opinion offer trip cancellation insurance for a broad variety of reasons?

What has been your experience with the trip cancellation claims process? Which insurers are easy to work with claims processing?

TIA

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had claimed with go digit due to a hospitalization. Seamless process. As long as the claim is legit no reason why any insurer will reject it

GBajaj

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had claimed with go digit due to a hospitalization. Seamless process. As long as the claim is legit no reason why any insurer will reject it
Thanks for the prompt revert. Hearing good things about Digit. Glad that your claim in the medical emergency was good when you needed it. While health coverage is essential, I am especially curious to find how good trip cancellation coverage is and is it a viable alternative to buying refundable but expensive tickets vs non-refundable but cheaper tickets.

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had claimed trip cancellation only as the hospitalization was few days before my trip. It also depends on what circumstances do you foresee for a cancellation. Insurance can cover only upto certain thresholds and to a certain degree. I paid higher fare almost 2x for my domestic flights in Korea compared to other refundable fares in case of any exigencies

GBajaj

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Circumstances for cancellation are primarily health related for self /others in the family prior to the trip. Your experience helps address this question. Thanks!