• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cards offering Travel Insurance for international travel?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Citi Prestige offers global Travel Insurance for international travel (30 days) as an annual benefit. Do we have a list of cards that offers such a facility? Is HDFC infina also in a similar league?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Feeling like monolog but, HDFC infinia is not offering individual international travel. Will try my luck with Amex plat. I now have more respect for Citi Prestige though it will be closed/ converted in 2023.

Infinite

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In India, only Citi Prestige provides overseas medical insurance of USD 50,000 but I am not sure if it accepted as a legitimate form of coverage by countries that mandate medical insurance.

Many cards provide travel insurance (typically air travel) on tickets purchased using the card.

Infinite

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Feeling like monolog but, HDFC infinia is not offering individual international travel. Will try my luck with Amex plat. I now have more respect for Citi Prestige though it will be closed/ converted in 2023.
Comprehensive Protection for Infinia

The Card provides the following complimentary insurance covers:
a. Accidental death: In case of death in an air accident, the nominated next of kin will receive a
compensation of Rs 3 crore
b. Medical emergency cover: The card holder is covered up to Rs 50 lakh against medical emergencies
during travel abroad

c. Credit shield: The outstanding amount on the Infinia credit card is covered to an extent of Rs 9 lakh
in case of accidental death and permanent disability
d. Lost Card Liability: Cover upto Rs 9 Lakh available for Primary Card Holder

Terms & Conditions:
• All the above insurance covers are available to the Primary card holder only
• Air Accident cover will be activated if the tickets are purchased using HDFC Bank Infinia credit cards
• Travel Insurance will be activated if the tickets are purchased using HDFC Bank Infinia credit cards
Travel Insurance provided under the policy shall not be valid for procuring a travel visa
• Travel Insurance provided shall be valid only for International Travel, subject to travel origination
from India
• Maximum Trip Duration is restricted to 30 Days

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In India, only Citi Prestige provides overseas medical insurance of USD 50,000 but I am not sure if it accepted as a legitimate form of coverage by countries that mandate medical insurance.

Many cards provide travel insurance (typically air travel) on tickets purchased using the card.
Yes, it works. I used that in Europe, USA, Japan, UAE, and many more countries during my visa application.

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Comprehensive Protection for Infinia

The Card provides the following complimentary insurance covers:
a. Accidental death: In case of death in an air accident, the nominated next of kin will receive a
compensation of Rs 3 crore
b. Medical emergency cover: The card holder is covered up to Rs 50 lakh against medical emergencies
during travel abroad

c. Credit shield: The outstanding amount on the Infinia credit card is covered to an extent of Rs 9 lakh
in case of accidental death and permanent disability
d. Lost Card Liability: Cover upto Rs 9 Lakh available for Primary Card Holder

Terms & Conditions:
• All the above insurance covers are available to the Primary card holder only
• Air Accident cover will be activated if the tickets are purchased using HDFC Bank Infinia credit cards
• Travel Insurance will be activated if the tickets are purchased using HDFC Bank Infinia credit cards
Travel Insurance provided under the policy shall not be valid for procuring a travel visa
• Travel Insurance provided shall be valid only for International Travel, subject to travel origination
from India
• Maximum Trip Duration is restricted to 30 Days
True, So you will still need to purchase your own travel insurance for infinia. Let's hope axis takes this from Citi and adds it to premium cards.