• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding Emi

Post number 5 has been selected as best answer.

Sahil_07

TF Select
I have recently purchased an AC with no cost Emi from Flipkart with my ICICI credit card. I have got additional 2300 rs discount for choosing no cost Emi option .But Imobile app the amount is not converted to emi till now,they said it may take 7 days.
Now my question is my request ICICI customer care to cancel my Emi and I will pay the full amount in the next billing circle,Is it can be done in ICICI Bank? It could have saved additional 2300 rs for me

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have recently purchased an AC with no cost Emi from Flipkart with my ICICI credit card. I have got additional 2300 rs discount for choosing no cost Emi option .But Imobile app the amount is not converted to emi till now,they said it may take 7 days.
Now my question is my request ICICI customer care to cancel my Emi and I will pay the full amount in the next billing circle,Is it can be done in ICICI Bank? It could have saved additional 2300 rs for me
2300 will get readjusted.. you can cancel the product and then the emi will get cancelled.. / adjusted.. you cannot cancel the emi and chg the payment terms now

Sahil_07

TF Select
2300 will get readjusted.. you can cancel the product and then the emi will get cancelled.. / adjusted.. you cannot cancel the emi and chg the payment terms now
Na I am okay with the product and Emi.I asked it to know whether I can save additional 2300 as it is not converted to emi till now in Imobile app

praful47

TF Premier
As you have opt for EMI your transaction will be converted into monthly EMI .
If you want to cancel the EMI you have to pay foreclosure charges.

doc_shafi

TF Neo
You can contact customer care and foreclosure of emi for same

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
tell us what u did and what finally happened

@Deepak_Shetty why the dislike :(... i have had this experience in the past
I have cancelled ICICI Credit card EMI many times after taking No cost EMI discount and I got full refund of interest and it's GST as well. But I am hearing first time about discount re-adjustment.
I thought that it's your assumption. As you experienced this scenario I am removing my dislike.
May I know about your recent merchant cancelation experience?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have cancelled ICICI Credit card EMI many times after taking No cost EMI discount and I got full refund of interest and it's GST as well. But I am hearing first time about discount re-adjustment.
I thought that it's your assumption. As you experienced this scenario I am removing my dislike.
May I know about your recent merchant cancelation experience?
the original Q was that he wanted to keep the discount as profit.. to which i said no...whatever you got debited will get credited when you cancel.. no profit from cancelled transactions.. "dislike" is a very strong emo.. use it sparingly :)

the original Q was that he wanted to keep the discount as profit.. to which i said no...whatever you got debited will get credited when you cancel.. no profit from cancelled transactions.. "dislike" is a very strong emo.. use it sparingly :)
But for me, ICICI didn't take instant discount and no cost EMI discount back. When is your last try?

varkey

TF Buzz
Any recent change regarding EMI cancellation with ICICI? I have done it atleast 5-6 times a few months ago, and all it required is a call to their customer care, you get to keep all EMI related discounts and all charges are reversed provided you cancel within 15 days.

In fact the email they send also says the same.

varkey

TF Buzz
@Deepak_Shetty why the dislike :(... i have had this experience in the past

Was this with ICICI or some other bank? Each bank has its own policies. ICICI has always been no questions asked cancellation and you get to keep all discounts, and all processing fees get reversed, provided cancellation is done within 15 days. If your experience is recent with ICICI, please do share.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Any recent change regarding EMI cancellation with ICICI? I have done it atleast 5-6 times a few months ago, and all it required is a call to their customer care, you get to keep all EMI related discounts and all charges are reversed provided you cancel within 15 days.

In fact the email they send also says the same.
True, They still refund the charges if done within 15 days of the transaction.