• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query - PNB RuPay Select Debit Card

sahil1033

TF Premier
I went to PNB branch a few days ago to get RuPay Select debit card and I already have RuPay Platinum debit card from them. They said that in PNB, there's no provision to have 2 debit cards (of different variants) active on a single savings account. Is that true?

Also, I was told that minimum QAB requirement to get RuPay Select debit card is Rs. 50,000. Is that true as well? If yes, if I load enough money so that by end of current quarter ending on 30-September-2023 I achieve 50k QAB and get the Select debit card and later on withdraw all the amount and never maintain 50k QAB, what will happen?

I'm desperately looking for a RuPay Select debit card since my Amazon Prime expired a few months back and at Rs. 590, getting Amazon Prime subscription is a lucrative offer. And PNB offers one of the lowest issuance/joining as well as annual fee for RuPay Select debit card. Is there any other way to get RuPay Select debit card for cheap? I already have Bank of Baroda savings account but it's Advantage savings account where I can't get RuPay Select, I heard that I need to change account variant to get it and has a high MAB requirement. There's Jana Small Finance Bank with Rs. 1 lac MAB which gives NIL charges RuPay Select debit card but keeping that much amount in savings account will be a stupidity.

Suggestions please!

P.S. I need information on minting as many low cost or FREE RuPay Platinum debit card as well. Currently I've RuPay Platinum debit cards from - PNB (RS. 150 + 18% GST), Bank of Baroda (FREE, virtual) and IDFC FIRSTap (Rs. 99 + 18% GST one-time fee, NFC based). I'm looking to open NSDL Jiffy account to get one more RuPay Platinum debit card at a low cost and waiting for SBI to announce their RuPay Platinum and Select debit card's features and fee.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Mind sharing what are you planning to do with these many platinum DC? 😱
The sole reason is for paying electricity bill. This month only prepaid smart electricity meter was installed, so, I need to add money beforehand and there's no bill generation now. On Amazon Pay, the bill amount always shows as Rs. 500, so, it's beneficial for me as I get Rs. 100 off each time I recharge my electricity meter prepaid balance via RuPay Platinum DC on Fridays.

That's the reason I'm looking to have 4-5 RuPay Platinum DCs.

Last edited:

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I went to PNB branch a few days ago to get RuPay Select debit card and I already have RuPay Platinum debit card from them. They said that in PNB, there's no provision to have 2 debit cards (of different variants) active on a single savings account. Is that true?

Also, I was told that minimum QAB requirement to get RuPay Select debit card is Rs. 50,000. Is that true as well? If yes, if I load enough money so that by end of current quarter ending on 30-September-2023 I achieve 50k QAB and get the Select debit card and later on withdraw all the amount and never maintain 50k QAB, what will happen?

I'm desperately looking for a RuPay Select debit card since my Amazon Prime expired a few months back and at Rs. 590, getting Amazon Prime subscription is a lucrative offer. And PNB offers one of the lowest issuance/joining as well as annual fee for RuPay Select debit card. Is there any other way to get RuPay Select debit card for cheap? I already have Bank of Baroda savings account but it's Advantage savings account where I can't get RuPay Select, I heard that I need to change account variant to get it and has a high MAB requirement. There's Jana Small Finance Bank with Rs. 1 lac MAB which gives NIL charges RuPay Select debit card but keeping that much amount in savings account will be a stupidity.

Suggestions please!

P.S. I need information on minting as many low cost or FREE RuPay Platinum debit card as well. Currently I've RuPay Platinum debit cards from - PNB (RS. 150 + 18% GST), Bank of Baroda (FREE, virtual) and IDFC FIRSTap (Rs. 99 + 18% GST one-time fee, NFC based). I'm looking to open NSDL Jiffy account to get one more RuPay Platinum debit card at a low cost and waiting for SBI to announce their RuPay Platinum and Select debit card's features and fee.
Can't comment on the RUPAY SELECT Debit Card issuance criteria

But I can guarantee three debit cards eligible in PNB.

My mom having PNB Account - She has RUPAY Platinum, MasterCard Classic, RUPAY Classic(Virtual)

1st para info given by branch is false.

RUPAY Platinum - go with Indian Bank, Union Bank, ICICI Bank- all these are less charges bank

sahil1033

TF Premier
Can't comment on the RUPAY SELECT Debit Card issuance criteria

But I can guarantee three debit cards eligible in PNB.

My mom having PNB Account - She has RUPAY Platinum, MasterCard Classic, RUPAY Classic(Virtual)

1st para info given by branch is false.

RUPAY Platinum - go with Indian Bank, Union Bank, ICICI Bank- all these are less charges bank
Thanks, actually I no longer need PNB RuPay Select DC knowing they hiked annual fee from Rs. 500 to Rs. 750.

Went ahead with Bank of Baroda, getting RuPay Select DC FYF and next year onwards at Rs. 500 + 18% GST.

For RuPay Platinum DC, I opened NSDL Jiffy Advantage Savings Account and thinking of closing PNB one since the annual fee has been hiked from Rs. 150 to Rs. 250. I'll open a Kotak Mahindra Everyday Savings Account later on when needed for RuPay Platinum DC with benefits on EazyDiner and will open Bank of Baroda Lite Savings Account for my mother which will fetch me 2 FREE RuPay Platinum DCs - one virtual and one physical

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Thanks, actually I no longer need PNB RuPay Select DC knowing they hiked annual fee from Rs. 500 to Rs. 750.

Went ahead with Bank of Baroda, getting RuPay Select DC FYF and next year onwards at Rs. 500 + 18% GST.
That's why I just took BOB Rupay SELECT and Union RUPAY SELECT by converting it to Salary Account.
For RuPay Platinum DC, I opened NSDL Jiffy Advantage Savings Account and thinking of closing PNB one since the annual fee has been hiked from Rs. 150 to Rs. 250. I'll open a Kotak Mahindra Everyday Savings Account later on when needed for RuPay Platinum DC with benefits on EazyDiner and will open Bank of Baroda Lite Savings Account for my mother which will fetch me 2 FREE RuPay Platinum DCs - one virtual and one physical
Good idea of KKBK Every day account.

Dinnong

TF Premier

What is the eligibility criteria for getting BOB RuPay Select Debit Card?