• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Hemang

TF Premier
Bhaiyo sbi cashback card kitne minimum spends aur credit age hone ke baad LTF mila hai ?

Recently SBI card staff told that SBI cashback card can be applied through SBI netbanking login portal only. Through there only we should apply, this card is not available for offline application.
Abhi mere pas sirf sbi simply click hai with bare minimum 1 lac limit which came First year free, it's 12th month is around september 2024, when should I try for making it LTF ?

romilq

TF Ace
No they saying apply again which I won't. I dont think this ltf trick work at all spending approx 4-5l still no offer.
It worked for hundreds of people many in this same post. You have to call them and ask for retention team. There you can ask for offer and if they deny then say you will continue the card. Through in app request there is always a chance where they close it without calling.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
It worked for hundreds of people many in this same post. You have to call them and ask for retention team. There you can ask for offer and if they deny then say you will continue the card. Through in app request there is always a chance where they close it without calling.
The same ,i have already mentioned in the main post as Edit 4.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The same ,i have already mentioned in the main post as Edit 4.
Thanks for actively maintaining the thread using edits.
Might I ask how does one negotiate?
If I ask for retention, they say only after cancellation request. Meanwhile level 1 guy itself offers me fee refund if I continue. I agree to continue till card year end.

Where do I go from here for converting LTF? I have 3-4 yo card SimplyClick. This year spend 1.4L. When I asked for refund (december) I had spent zero. Last year was around 80k (hence the fee, which was later refunded)

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My friend raised request for closure, reason given low usage. Had 3 SBI card, Gold n more (LTF), irctc(paid) and BPCL( paid).

After request call came, and gold n more was closed and other two were made LTF.

rajcasio

TF Premier
My 5 yrs old BPCL VISA got converted to LTF :) (y)
We wish to inform you that, in appreciation of your valuable relationship with us, we take great pleasure in informing you that your BPCL SBI Card (card number ends with XX68) is being made absolutely free for life time
Sent a mail to customer care requesting for LTF. Then escalated to Nodal Officer and then to Principal nodal officer and it happened.

rajcasio

TF Premier
It was a simple email "I request you to make my sbi cc ending with xxxx a LTF card". That's it.
I sent this mail to customer care. Their reply was not satisfactory. So i hit the ESCALATE button in the app to Nodal officer. They were reviewing my request for more than 5 days. So i escalated to Principal nodal officer. Received the good news within 24 hrs.

Why i requested for LTF? Because i was charged 499 as membership fee this year too and i thought of closing the card or get a FEE waiver or to make it LTF. The last option worked fine.

Animal

TF Premier
It was a simple email "I request you to make my sbi cc ending with xxxx a LTF card". That's it.
I sent this mail to customer care. Their reply was not satisfactory. So i hit the ESCALATE button in the app to Nodal officer. They were reviewing my request for more than 5 days. So i escalated to Principal nodal officer. Received the good news within 24 hrs.

Why i requested for LTF? Because i was charged 499 as membership fee this year too and i thought of closing the card or get a FEE waiver or to make it LTF. The last option worked fine.
Seems too good to be true. Anyways congrats. Enjoy.