• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Mritunjay

TF Premier
One card is 4 year old and one is 2 year old
Oldest one is simply save and latest one is Simply click.Your just try ,i am damn sure,you will get your card LTF
Currently have only one SBI card - 1 year old siimplyclick, will apply for BPCL card after that I'll try your trick.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Will they do it only for entry level cards or has anyone tried this with mid-level or premium segment cards?
Mine was premium segment PRIME.
when i requested them to close the card, they said they will TRY to give me a lower variant as LTF and if the internal team does not agree, they will process closure request.
ultimately they closed it 😕
good to see sbi getting back in competition and prioritizing customer retention over annual fees.

Last edited:

bismaj

TF Select
One card is 4 year old and one is 2 year old
Oldest one is simply save and latest one is Simply click.Your just try ,i am damn sure,you will get your card LTF
yes they are doing it for the basic entry level cards, my FBB card was also offered for same when i raised closure request,but still i didn't took it nd closed it.

bismaj

TF Select
Good atleast people are exploring the tricks
at least sbi is making provisions for it unlike axis which even doesnt make basic cards LTF. I have flipkart,ace ,airtel cards, I requested them to make Flipkart card LTF as spend has been close to 2 lakh but not 2 lakh and paying fees for other 2cards, i asked them visa variant of Flipkart card is LTF so ols make mine one ltf but they rejected.pathetic service.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
at least sbi is making provisions for it unlike axis which even doesnt make basic cards LTF. I have flipkart,ace ,airtel cards, I requested them to make Flipkart card LTF as spend has been close to 2 lakh but not 2 lakh and paying fees for other 2cards, i asked them visa variant of Flipkart card is LTF so ols make mine one ltf but they rejected.pathetic service.
Totally agree..The way axis dealing with thier card holder is pathethic...The Best one in handling their card customers is HDFC..

Last edited:

sri222

TF Select
Last week, I have raised closure request for Ola SBI card from SBI card app (3+ years old and I have only 1 card).
Instantly received a call, I have told the executive...now it's possible for me to achieve 500 monthly cashback and it's not worth holding this card with annual fee.

Then the executive offered Life time free and raised a service request for that. Within 2 days, the request was closed.
Customer support through call, confirmed that now it's LTF card but I'm still waiting for written confirmation from Email team.

Last edited:

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Last week, I have raised closure request for Ola SBI card from SBI card app (3+ years old and I have only 1 card).
Instantly received a call, I have told the executive...now it's possible for me to achieve 500 monthly cashback and it's not worth holding this card with annual fee.

Then the executive offered Life time free and raised a service request for that. Within 2 days, the request was closed.
Customer support through call, confirmed that now it's LTF card but I'm still waiting for written confirmation from Email team.
Good to see,people earlier used this trick.