• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month.
Will this work for my 5 month old SimplyClick? I've hardly used that card though
Only one transaction of 7-8k in November and that's it. Want to keep it for offers only.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last week, I have raised closure request for Ola SBI card from SBI card app (3+ years old and I have only 1 card).
Instantly received a call, I have told the executive...now it's possible for me to achieve 500 monthly cashback and it's not worth holding this card with annual fee.

Then the executive offered Life time free and raised a service request for that. Within 2 days, the request was closed.
Customer support through call, confirmed that now it's LTF card but I'm still waiting for written confirmation from Email team.
Surprised to see a co-branded card being made LTF.. when was your card due for renewal??

TOUSIFAHMED

TF Buzz
Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month.
I did the same thing after paying charges for last 3 yrs. They accepted my closure request.(note i was having only one card i.e simply click).

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

My Dad owns "Gold and More" card (account is 12+ year old I think), when I raised closure request from his behalf, I received the call and he made the card LTF but when I asked him if he can change the card variant to SimplySave or SimplyClick and make THAT card LTF, he said he wouldn't be able to do that (eventhough Gold and more card is discontinued)

So, should I first change the variant to SimplySave and then raise closure request after 2-3 months ?

As, if I ask them to change the variant and they charge fees in 1st month, then I can't ask them to close the card just after 1 month of change (I think)

Kindly suggest @Rkr @sri222