• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Premium secondary card to replace Magnus

jar89

TF Buzz
Hello

I am using Diners black as my primary card and Magnus as secondary where Diners is not accepted.

Now with the devaluation am planning to close Magnus as the bookmyshow and meet and greet services are discontinued.
I was already planning to drop this card with the previous devaluation and now i have decided to leave this card for good.

I am looking for a premium card as secondary option.
Please suggest few.

Primary requirements:
Should have lounge access(dom & intl)
Should have book my show offers
Decent rewards/return%

TIA

jar89

TF Buzz
Getting all three:

- Yes Marquee (Now capping on Utility Bills) and some other changes, please check

Any 2 benefits:

- HDFC Infinia (If eligible)
- ICICI Plastic Emeralde (Easy to get with 5L Credit Limit also) - No Dual variant available either get it on MC or Visa Infinite for instant discount on BOGO BMS, If Amex network you get cashback within 45 days and 5000 rupees birthday voucher (Tata Cliq) exactly 1 month prior.
- SBI Elite
- SBI Aurum
- IndusInd Ingulge (LTF for 90K - 90K vouchers possible)
Do i get an option to choose between MC/VISA/AMEX if am going by the route of taking the upgrade option from the app for icici emeralde

Last edited:

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do i get an option to choose between MC/VISA/AMEX if am going by the route of taking the upgrade option from the app for icici emeralde metal
If you are taking upgrade from App you get usually in Visa Infinite.

But if you request from Twitter handle you can chose your network. I used to have it Visa Infinite now changed to Amex network.

jar89

TF Buzz
And can someone help on the major differences between emeralde and emeralde private?
My upgrade option is for emeralde and am not sure if its plastic or metal.

Should i ask for emeralde private with CC?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
And can someone help on the major differences between emeralde and emeralde private?
My upgrade option is for emeralde and am not sure if its plastic or metal.

Should i ask for emeralde private with CC?
There are multiple threads and discussion on that on the forum.

Please take your time out and just read out. Getting Emeralde Pvt metal requires high NRV with ICICI bank. If you have it you can request with RM, CC team don't support on this.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
And what features on AMEX made you shift from VISA
I use Emeralde for Lounges, Domestic Spa (DreamFolks card), ICICI Merchant offers and BOGO BMS (Cashback is fine for me).

Apart from it I don't use it offline. So I have no issues in acceptability. For Amex network you get 5000 annual birthday voucher which I got recently so a little return on what we pay for, ICICI cards reward rate is very poor.