• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Points not getting credited on SBI BPCL card

psmangat5

TF Select
Reward Points on SBI BPCL card are not getting credited automatically for transactions done on bpcl petrol pumps. I have to raise request every time after 10-12 days. even surcharge is not getting refunded. Anyone else facing same problem?

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Reward Points on SBI BPCL card are not getting credited automatically for transactions done on bpcl petrol pumps. I have to raise request every time after 10-12 days. even surcharge is not getting refunded. Anyone else facing same problem?
Happens at few petrol pumps. But once you submit a request the points are credited properly for all subsequent transactions.

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
Show them receipts of fuel, you will get credited within three days

Mukesh

TF Buzz
How to check which points are credited to which transaction in sbi bpcl? I have done multiple transactions but not sure credited points are for which transactions. Let me know how you guys are checking.

mowgli

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What was customer care’s response? Did they confirm if it will be credited larger? For a different bank card, they had a technical snag and said will get credited few additional days later

using BPCL since july 2022 and have to raise request for reward points every time i do transaction. Getting Fuel surcharge waiver automatically.

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I used to purchase fuel at Reliable BP station in Bangalore and I was getting RP as well as fuel surcharge in July and June bill. In Aug, I bought fuel there and RP and fuel surcharge is missing in the bill. I raised the concern and csr will copy and paste from their reply rules from catalogue and no resolution happens. I have never seen more incompetent CSR team with any company.
In one reply, I was raising concern on BPCL fuel purchase and they were copy and pasting fuel surcharge waiver rule for SBI Prime card. They could have at least checked detail or read my concern.

I raised issue with nodal head and awaiting response. It may take upto 6 days. Do you know any worse csr for credit card?

tn_72

TF Select
How has veen your experience on BPCL pumps? Does it give rewards on SBI POS only or any pos? I dont know of any other credit card tieup with bpcl, so are most of the times POS machine sbi or pinelabls only?
@saurabh.negi I have swiped my SBI BPCL card in HDFC bank POS at several BPCL outlets and got 13x rewards. In fact i have never contacted SBI customer care regarding incorrect reward points being credited. However, there are many others in this forum (and other forums) who has to contact customer care multiple times for reward points. If i go outstation, i used to check this list www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/personal/credit-cards/travel/BPCL-evoucher-outlets.pdfand usually only refill at this outlets and had never had problems with crediting reward points or crediting surcharge so far. The above is a list of fuel outlets that accepts BPCL voucher redeemed against rewards, but it does work for me as i most often select company owned outlets. Do not refill in fuel stations that have co-owned business such as hotels, restaurants, dept store right next to the fuel outlet. Sometimes they swap POS machines

But redeeming points directly at the outlet or finding an outlet that accepts BPCL voucher is a big hassle. In my experience, only one in 10 in the above PDF link will accept fuel voucher, others would say only Manager can do it, even if you tell them the steps via Pine 360 to redeem the voucher, they say they can't do it. If you raise a complaint with BPCL, they will issue a ticket ID and even after two months of raising the ticket, the BPCL guys will give a standard response "We are working on this issue. Thank you for your patience". If you contact the circle sales officer, he would say that we are not aware of the co-branded credit card. If you raise the issue with SBI, they will give a dumbass response, "Please attach us the screenshot of the error" lol even though you clearly mention that the outlet listed in the pdf link does not accept your voucher. To circumvent this hassle, i used to redeem my points for Amazon membership voucher or Swiggy voucher. Although fuel voucher is great in terms of VFM. Prime voucher and Swiggy voucher comes a bit closer as well in terms of VFM when compared to fuel voucher.

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@saurabh.negi I have swiped my SBI BPCL card in HDFC bank POS at several BPCL outlets and got 13x rewards. In fact i have never contacted SBI customer care regarding incorrect reward points being credited. However, there are many others in this forum (and other forums) who has to contact customer care multiple times for reward points. If i go outstation, i used to check this list www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/personal/credit-cards/travel/BPCL-evoucher-outlets.pdfand usually only refill at this outlets and had never had problems with crediting reward points or crediting surcharge so far. The above is a list of fuel outlets that accepts BPCL voucher redeemed against rewards, but it does work for me as i most often select company owned outlets. Do not refill in fuel stations that have co-owned business such as hotels, restaurants, dept store right next to the fuel outlet. Sometimes they swap POS machines

But redeeming points directly at the outlet or finding an outlet that accepts BPCL voucher is a big hassle. In my experience, only one in 10 in the above PDF link will accept fuel voucher, others would say only Manager can do it, even if you tell them the steps via Pine 360 to redeem the voucher, they say they can't do it. If you raise a complaint with BPCL, they will issue a ticket ID and even after two months of raising the ticket, the BPCL guys will give a standard response "We are working on this issue. Thank you for your patience". If you contact the circle sales officer, he would say that we are not aware of the co-branded credit card. If you raise the issue with SBI, they will give a dumbass response, "Please attach us the screenshot of the error" lol even though you clearly mention that the outlet listed in the pdf link does not accept your voucher. To circumvent this hassle, i used to redeem my points for Amazon membership voucher or Swiggy voucher. Although fuel voucher is great in terms of VFM. Prime voucher and Swiggy voucher comes a bit closer as well in terms of VFM when compared to fuel voucher.
Hi, new to SBI BPCL cards, just took Octane. Can you please clarify the difference in redemption options fuel voucher vs Swiggy ? I thought all points were valued at 25p

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier

thanks for such a detailed reply. I do have other fuel credit cards from ICICI/HDFC/Axis and for those i have to check whether POS is of credit card issuer bank or not. I am planning to go for stanchart super value titanium card or Amex MRCC to avoid this hassle everytime. However i wish there was a way to get 4-5% cashback on fastag recharge so that we could reload our ICICI/IDFC fastag and get refuel from HP pumps without any POS dependencies. I think the trick is to identify fuel station with proven acceptance and redemption if rewards points rather than trying different stations and trying luck.

tn_72

TF Select
Hi, new to SBI BPCL cards, just took Octane. Can you please clarify the difference in redemption options fuel voucher vs Swiggy ? I thought all points were valued at 25p
@Virgo Hi, In the rewards catalogue. 1000 reward points equals to 250 INR BPCL voucher. 250/1000=25p as you mentioned. But say you want to redeem anything other than fuel voucher, the redemption rate is less. For example, Amazon prime 12 month membership cost 1499, you need 6600 points which equals to a redemption rate of 1 point = 22.7p. In case of swiggy voucher, 5650 points equals 1000 INR, which is 1000/5650 =0.17, so the redemption rate is much lower. There are other items in the rewards catalogue which even much lower redemption rate. If you redeem fuel voucher it is high VFM. In my case i opted for Amazon prime, because anyhow i have to pay 1499 and i am getting it free by just getting fuel points and the fuel voucher is almost difficult to redeem.

In actual money terms, for fuel voucher your return is 6.25% and if you redeem Amazon prime voucher it is 5.67% and for swiggy voucher worth 1000 INR it is approx 4.42%. This calculation is for Octane variant.

Last edited:

Kiranonlinee

TF Premier
@Virgo Hi, In the rewards catalogue. 1000 reward points equals to 250 INR BPCL voucher. 250/1000=25p as you mentioned. But say you want to redeem anything other than fuel voucher, the redemption rate is less. For example, Amazon prime 12 month membership cost 1499, you need 6600 points which equals to a redemption rate of 1 point = 22.7p. In case of swiggy voucher, 5650 points equals 1000 INR, which is 1000/5650 =0.17, so the redemption rate is much lower. There are other items in the rewards catalogue which even much lower redemption rate. If you redeem fuel voucher it is high VFM. In my case i opted for Amazon prime, because anyhow i have to pay 1499 and i am getting it free by just getting fuel points and the fuel voucher is almost difficult to redeem.

In actual money terms, for fuel voucher your return is 6.25% and if you redeem Amazon prime voucher it is 5.67% and for swiggy voucher worth 1000 INR it is approx 4.42%. This calculation is for Octane variant.
Amazon prime is at 5500 rp

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Thanks @tn_72 for your reply. Couple of more clarifications:
- where can I see the options available to redeem points for vouchers? Is there a dedicated website or is it visible in the SBI card mobile app?
- is there an option to redeem the points directly at BPCL petrol pumps instead of redeeming them for voucher first and then utilising the voucher at petrol pump to fuel up?