• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning to buy telescope for kids/teens!

vine

TF Premier
Am planning to buy a basic Telescope. This is for my nephews, nieces, to have fun and avoid screens.
May be ₹10k would be enough?
I don't want to spend too much on this, kids may get bored after a few days.

Any recommendations?

telescope

TF Ace
Celestron 50AZ would suffice your purpose. Cost effective and good quality for the price.

I don't know where you are from, but light pollution in cities along with smog are big problem for skygazers. Very hard to get clear sky. Gone are the days when we could see the beauty of milkyway with unaided eye.

vine

TF Premier
Celestron 50AZ would suffice your purpose. Cost effective and good quality for the price.

I don't know where you are from, but light pollution in cities along with smog are big problem for skygazers. Very hard to get clear sky. Gone are the days when we could see the beauty of milkyway with unaided eye.

Am in a city, but my nephew and niece live in a place outside their small town, so a darker sky is possible for them.
Thanks for the recommendation!

vine

TF Premier
Try local telescopes if budget is 10k. Go to Tejraj website or any local shop. Avoid amazon etc.
Am in Hyderabad.
I don't know of any local shops which sell telescopes.
I assumed amazon will be cheaper than such shops.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Am in Hyderabad.
I don't know of any local shops which sell telescopes.
I assumed amazon will be cheaper than such shops.
I didn’t see options on Amazon plus in many cases they were expensive. Try Tejraj website. I ordered once was happy

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I didn’t see options on Amazon plus in many cases they were expensive. Try Tejraj website. I ordered once was happy
You can also call them, they will help. They are very popular for telescope.

There is also one small shop in noida which helped me and I eventually visited that place to buy. Came to know about them from YouTube.

vine

TF Premier
You can also call them, they will help. They are very popular for telescope.

There is also one small shop in noida which helped me and I eventually visited that place to buy. Came to know about them from YouTube.
I see their website, the two most basic telescopes which are available now are:
1) 60/700 (price + gst + courier charges is ~6k) and
2) 70/700 (price + gst + courier charges is ~10k)
Is the tejraj website reliable?
Is their shipping reliable since these is a very delicate item?

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I see their website, the two most basic telescopes which are available now are:
1) 60/700 (price + gst + courier charges is ~6k) and
2) 70/700 (price + gst + courier charges is ~10k)
Is the tejraj website reliable?
Is their shipping reliable since these is a very delicate item?
I certainly trust them. Search about them online (that’s how I got to know as well).
Also call them they can help which will be better/ worth the price.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge