• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Health is Wealth - Which unadulterated ghee to buy

rkg

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hope people are aware of what is A2

A2 refers beta Casein ( milk protein- The brown colored left over of traditional ghee making)

Where as Ghee is 100% pure fat ( saturated fatty acids)

Is some one selling you A2 ghee means, that person is taking you for a ride.

How can protein be present in Ghee , which is a 100% fat?

Coming to startup and production of pure, pesticide free ghee.
Desi cow like Gir/Sahiwal/Red Sindhi milk fat % is around 4-5% . At the most 6%. Implying one liter of milk will have approximately 60gm fat ( assuming 6% fat in milk) That means a minimum of 17 liters of milk needed to produce 1kg Ghee. In realty it will be little more than this

Average yield per desi cow breeds at at the max 15 liters.

If a firm is claiming to sell pure desi cow ghee on large scale, just think of how many cows are needed to produce that quantity

Similarly, A2 milk supply in urban areas, to produce 1000 liters of desi cow milk per day , one needs minimum of 70 cows ( assuming each cow yields 15 liters per day, which is on the higher side). Just cross check do we have any such large scale Desi cow farms any where near urban areas? Where from they are getting this so called desi cow milk in thousands of liters to brand and sell ( unless u market few thousand , branding, marketing is not economical)

almost 45% of milk produced in India is from Buffaloes ( contains both A1 and A2 fraction of Casein)

Approximately 20% of milk produced is from Desi cow

Hence 45+20 = 65% of milk produced in India has A2 milk

30% milk is from crossbred cow ( cross between desi cow and exotic cow)

techt

TF Legend
Have tried Two brothers products and can say that their products are high quality generally speaking. Anyone interested can check them out https://twobrothersindiashop.com/collections/ghee
breaking bad gus GIF

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Rather than private labels, small state cooperatives have good ghees as well here I am not saying big ones like Amul.

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Limit use of ghee (don't consume much).
I don't believe A2 is worth the price, A1 is just fine (don't fall for marketing gimmick to empty your pocket).
Preference wise 1st: make at home yourself 2nd:Use your local milk union ghee like nandini, amul, dodla, arokya etc.
3rd: go for reputed brands like ITC ashirwad, nandini etc

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Limit use of ghee (don't consume much).
I don't believe A2 is worth the price, A1 is just fine (don't fall for marketing gimmick to empty your pocket).
Preference wise 1st: make at home yourself 2nd:Use your local milk union ghee like nandini, amul, dodla, arokya etc.
3rd: go for reputed brands like ITC ashirwad, nandini etc
Half knowledge/Misinformation is dangerous. A1 is not at all fine my friend.

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Half knowledge/Misinformation is dangerous. A1 is not at all fine my friend.
Bro, with due respect. Believe me.
Three years of research & plenty of followups later I'm commenting this.
A2/A1 is all hype made to fill pockets of sellers by exploiting confused citizens .
100.01 rs( person A) is richer than 100rs( person B) . Marketing has power to hide that 0.01rs and spread news as person A is richer than person B. Only way one will know is by digging deep & knowing what's happening.
Just get back to me with some of these answers.
  1. What is A2 in milk
  2. How much percentage of total protein is A2
  3. What is Total protein to A2 & total protein to A1 ratio in buffalo milk, cow foreign breed and cow Indian breed.
  4. What is the total percentage of A2 milk used in developed countries in comparison to developing countries?
These are some basic questions wrt to this topic. I hope that by finding answers to these questions you'll begin to think this A2/A1 gimmick.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
Devil in the milk is a great read for someone who wants to know more about A1/2.

Personally, I buy ghee made from buffalo milk from a local village vendor. This is for regular use.

For cow ghee, occasionally, I go with Shuddham Desi Bilona Cow Ghee. I purchase this only once or twice a year as it is costly and may not be fresh like what I get from local vendor.

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Devil in the milk is a great read for someone who wants to know more about A1/2.

Personally, I buy ghee made from buffalo milk from a local village vendor.

For cow ghee, I go with Shuddham Desi Bilona Cow Ghee.
In lining the summary.

helpful
09e3186b-e30f-4001-b9c4-e6cadd82adf6._CR0,0,375,375_SX48_.jpg

Timothy D. Lundeen
5.0 out of 5 stars We need a healthy milk supply
Reviewed in the United States on 18 July 2010
Verified Purchase
An excellent book, nicely written and a pleasure to read. Good science and good explanations of what we've learned about A1 and A2 milk.

A1 is the newer milk in an evolutionary sense, with the mutation responsible arising somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 years ago, at a time when cattle were being taken north into Europe. A2 milk is the original structure. All goat milk, most sheep milk, and some cow milk is A2. In the United States, though, most of the milk produced has a very high proportion of A1 milk.

The danger from A1 milk is in its protein structure. The beta-casein in A1 milk has a structure that allows a short molecule called beta-casomorphin-7, or BCM-7, to split off during digestion. This small protein is the "devil in the milk", and it can cause various problems, ranging from juvenile diabetes, autism, schizophrenia, allergies, to auto-immune diseases such as MS and Parkinson's.

The evidence is quite compelling. The conclusion is that we should not drink A1 cow milk, or eat products made from it. While the percentage of children with immediate effects is small, the consequences are severe for affected individuals. Only 2/10ths of 1% will get juvenile diabetes, only 1 in 150 are autistic, a small percentage have Celiac or Crohn's: but if not drinking milk will prevent all of these, it is hard to see how it is worth taking the risk. (Also, though the author doesn't discuss this, there is good reason to think that many cases of ADD/ADHD are milder reactions to A1 milk than full-blown autism.)

For adults, A1 milk is correlated with much higher rates of heart attack, schizophrenia, diabetes, MS, Parkinsons. So same thing: why take a chance on being one of the affected individuals. In Western society most people have a high degree of degeneration as they age, and there is good reason to thing that A1 milk contributes to this for everyone.

My recommendation after reading this is to only use certified A2 cows milk, or stick to sheep and goat's milk.

The dairy industry doesn't want to hear this, as there is a cost for them to switch to all A2 cows. Nonetheless, it is essential for public health that this conversion be done as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Hope people are aware of what is A2

A2 refers beta Casein ( milk protein- The brown colored left over of traditional ghee making)

Where as Ghee is 100% pure fat ( saturated fatty acids)

Is some one selling you A2 ghee means, that person is taking you for a ride.

How can protein be present in Ghee , which is a 100% fat?

Coming to startup and production of pure, pesticide free ghee.
Desi cow like Gir/Sahiwal/Red Sindhi milk fat % is around 4-5% . At the most 6%. Implying one liter of milk will have approximately 60gm fat ( assuming 6% fat in milk) That means a minimum of 17 liters of milk needed to produce 1kg Ghee. In realty it will be little more than this

Average yield per desi cow breeds at at the max 15 liters.

If a firm is claiming to sell pure desi cow ghee on large scale, just think of how many cows are needed to produce that quantity

Similarly, A2 milk supply in urban areas, to produce 1000 liters of desi cow milk per day , one needs minimum of 70 cows ( assuming each cow yields 15 liters per day, which is on the higher side). Just cross check do we have any such large scale Desi cow farms any where near urban areas? Where from they are getting this so called desi cow milk in thousands of liters to brand and sell ( unless u market few thousand , branding, marketing is not economical)

almost 45% of milk produced in India is from Buffaloes ( contains both A1 and A2 fraction of Casein)

Approximately 20% of milk produced is from Desi cow

Hence 45+20 = 65% of milk produced in India has A2 milk

30% milk is from crossbred cow ( cross between desi cow and exotic cow)
Unfortunately, any amount of attempts to educate & make aware will go in vain..
People will only believe what they want to believe! & companies will exploit this and profit from the ignorance..
It's clear as a crystal that this A2/A1 s*it is all hammered gimmick, but ppl still not ready to believe..

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bro, with due respect. Believe me.
Three years of research & plenty of followups later I'm commenting this.
A2/A1 is all hype made to fill pockets of sellers by exploiting confused citizens .
100.01 rs( person A) is richer than 100rs( person B) . Marketing has power to hide that 0.01rs and spread news as person A is richer than person B. Only way one will know is by digging deep & knowing what's happening.
Just get back to me with some of these answers.
  1. What is A2 in milk
  2. How much percentage of total protein is A2
  3. What is Total protein to A2 & total protein to A1 ratio in buffalo milk, cow foreign breed and cow Indian breed.
  4. What is the total percentage of A2 milk used in developed countries in comparison to developing countries?
These are some basic questions wrt to this topic. I hope that by finding answers to these questions you'll begin to think this A2/A1 gimmick.
Bro, I too was speaking from personal experience but as of now I can only answer your third question wrt the ghee I'm using. We get our ghee from the local gaushala of acquitantance who had all the desi breed indian cows with a hump. So I can say it is purely A2 but not sure about the breeding part