• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

buying products from ebay, international shipping & forex cards

no_name

TF Buzz
Hi All,
I need to buy a refurbished phone from ebay US. the seller ships internationally, and same is available at Indian pincodes as well.
Can you plz help with below questions:

1. what is your feedback on getting ebay products from international market? (any issues at customs, issues with returns, possible frauds etc?) p.s. my seller is ebay certified power seller with good reviews.

2. how should we make the payment (paypal provides 5% cb on sbi cb card, and i have forex free cards as well for e.g. from fi)

NAB

TF Premier
Don't

1. You will need to pay around 45% in terms of customs duty. ( On total value of mobile + shipping)
2. Use SBI CB CC without PayPal doing the DCC.

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi All,
I need to buy a refurbished phone from ebay US. the seller ships internationally, and same is available at Indian pincodes as well.
Can you plz help with below questions:

1. what is your feedback on getting ebay products from international market? (any issues at customs, issues with returns, possible frauds etc?) p.s. my seller is ebay certified power seller with good reviews.

2. how should we make the payment (paypal provides 5% cb on sbi cb card, and i have forex free cards as well for e.g. from fi)

Igst= 18%

Duty :
New = 10% - 20%
Old = 20% - 50%

+100 inr to 500 inr fee...

no_name

TF Buzz
Don't

1. You will need to pay around 45% in terms of customs duty. ( On total value of mobile + shipping)
2. Use SBI CB CC without PayPal doing the DCC.
thanks. i was able to find someone coming from US.

anyways, can u plz explain the DCC thing? i paid via sbi cc card, and the payment was charged in USD. i wasn't given any option to choose anything.