• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning a trip to Singapore with Axis Edge Rewards

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello Guys

I am planning a trip to Singapore with my wife this October and I wanted to use my Axis Edge rewards for either accommodation or flight. I have done some initial research but need your inputs for the redemption.
I have 100000 ER which may be converted to 80000 miles. I already have 30000 Accor points.
As per my current research, I have the following details

FLIGHTS
1. Indigo Mum to Singapore round trip costs 43000 INR (Indigo)
2. Vistara website says 22000 miles one way, So that is 88000 CV points. Is this fixed or can change while booking? What about extra charges? What about availability of award flights?
3. Krisflyer says 20000 miles, So that is 80000 miles. Is this fixed or can change while booking? What about extra charges? What about availability of award flights?
4. United lets me book the same Singapore Airlines flight for 105000 miles and 11891 INR - So that seems expensive

HOTELS
1. Accor is giving providing a range of hotels ranging from 35000 for 7 nights to 250000 for 7 nights and giving a conversion rate of around 1 point= 1.8 INR. This seems like a better deal. Do they allow to pay complete amount with points or is there a catch? Any added costs?
2. Good AirBnbs are available for about 80000 for 7 nights

Can you'll please answer my queries and suggest what makes better sense and value? Also looking forward to other alternatives for flights/hotels using reward points.

Thanks in advance!

jags123

TF Buzz
On Kris, 20k is fixed, they run an escapes offer monthly where this drops to 14k for economy 1 way+2-2.5k taxes. Vistara is the same (sans escape offer). Book singapore through Kris or vistara, whichever is cheaper (you can see the exact cost on the sites)

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys

I am planning a trip to Singapore with my wife this October and I wanted to use my Axis Edge rewards for either accommodation or flight. I have done some initial research but need your inputs for the redemption.
I have 100000 ER which may be converted to 80000 miles. I already have 30000 Accor points.

FLIGHTS
2. Vistara website says 22000 miles one way, So that is 88000 CV points. Is this fixed or can change while booking? What about extra charges? What about availability of award flights?
3. Krisflyer says 20000 miles, So that is 80000 miles. Is this fixed or can change while booking? What about extra charges? What about availability of award flights?
4. United lets me book the same Singapore Airlines flight for 105000 miles and 11891 INR - So that seems expensive

HOTELS
1. Accor is giving providing a range of hotels ranging from 35000 for 7 nights to 250000 for 7 nights and giving a conversion rate of around 1 point= 1.8 INR. This seems like a better deal. Do they allow to pay complete amount with points or is there a catch? Any added costs?

Can you'll please answer my queries and suggest what makes better sense and value? Also looking forward to other alternatives for flights/hotels using reward points.

Thanks in advance!
You can use spontaneous escape offer that is offered around 20th every month. The offer a good discount (about 30%) if you book either via miles or cash. But the catch of that you will have to travel by end of next month.

For Accor, I understand (I have not used it yet) you will have to pay tax using cash if you decide to pay using points online. But if you decide to pay at hotel then you can pay entire amount using points itself.

maynigam

TF Premier
I think flights are quite cheap and accor gives me an opportunity to book a variety of hotels. Accor makes much more sense. Plus, those points can be used for dining as well.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think flights are quite cheap and accor gives me an opportunity to book a variety of hotels. Accor makes much more sense. Plus, those points can be used for dining as well.
You should check Accor plus membership. I believe the silver membership comes with 2 nights stay (but you can use only for non consecutive nights). You can buy membership with points.
Also note Singapore is very very expensive for food and other activities.

gurpreet.9211

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I’m also in similar boat, I’m thinking to book flight separately rather than points as the final redemption value is coming out poor. I’ll rather be booking hotel via Accor.
I’m currently an Accor All member, Would Accor plus help me save ? I’ll be spending around 2L ( ~ 1.1L points) on hotel.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You should check Accor plus membership. I believe the silver membership comes with 2 nights stay (but you can use only for non consecutive nights). You can buy membership with points.
Accor plus will give discount, better to pay off maximum with points and leave tax behind. In case there is a problem during redemption of points at hotel. Only reserve Accor plus has 2 nights. 12000 point Accor explorer 1 night. 4000 point traveller no nights. Silver is status.
better to use points for stay as that will add up and be costly. Use card offers for flights as a option

Shadow747

TF Buzz
before buying accor plus, do transfer your points from axis to accor if your account is already linked else their is an issue for many people regarding tranfer after upgrade to accor plus as the account no will change.

maynigam

TF Premier
So basically the membership gives you 2 nights free in any hotel of your choosing? So this becomes a cheaper option right? 12000 points for 2 nights.

I had visited in 2017 and didn’t find it that expensive. But ofcourse we stayed in AirBnB!

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
Accor plus will give discount, better to pay off maximum with points and leave tax behind. In case there is a problem during redemption of points at hotel. Only reserve Accor plus has 2 nights. 12000 point Accor explorer 1 night. 4000 point traveller no nights. Silver is status.
better to use points for stay as that will add up and be costly. Use card offers for flights as a option
In my understanding Accor Plus gives 1 free night!!!

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys

FLIGHTS

HOTELS

Thanks in advance!
I just travelled to Singapore this month and returned last week.
converted axis magnus points to Accor and booked ibis macpherson (family room). Please be sure to book the family room becasue the other normal rooms are pathetic. some have basins in the middle of the room and the bathrooms are too tiny. If you have enough points, go for sofitel or other better options. I didn't have more points for the flights so paid cash for the same.
Also one big advantage of Krisflyer is that you can use the website www.pelago.co to book activities and even simcads using the krisflyer points. so if you have axis magnus points, convert it into Krisflyer and redeem it for all activities. Pretty much every activity in singapore is listed in pelago. See to it that your Krisflyer account name and the pelago account name match exactly to redeem the miles for activity vouchers.
You have any more doubts, please feel free to dm me. all the best.

sahil624

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can use spontaneous escape offer that is offered around 20th every month. The offer a good discount (about 30%) if you book either via miles or cash. But the catch of that you will have to travel by end of next month.

For Accor, I understand (I have not used it yet) you will have to pay tax using cash if you decide to pay using points online. But if you decide to pay at hotel then you can pay entire amount using points itself.
Hi, I used accor to book property using points. However, it didn’t ask me to pay tax via cash. Am I missing something?

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi, I used accor to book property using points. However, it didn’t ask me to pay tax via cash. Am I missing something?
Well, I booked Accor yesterday. It shows the total amount and I could pay with points only in multiple of 2000 points. Remaining it will be charged on my card. No separate tax I guess.

ccfan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I'm planning a similar two person trip in January. Are these spontaneous escape seats booked via points available usually when the offer opens every month? Because I would have thought that people book their tickets earlier (months, like me) to be sure of award seat availability. Or is booking by miles not the same quota as award seats (which are only those seats for which free ticket or upgrade vouchers are used upon?)

Indigo flight for my jan date is some 25k round trip per person currently. Is it better to book these plain revenue tickets for 50k total minus whatever offers I get via travel portals, or somehow acquire 88k/80k CV/krisflyer points and book there? I don't know whether seats will be available if they are part of a limited quota. First time ever booking via miles and I don't have a CV membership or cards which provide upgrade vouchers etc

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm planning a similar two person trip in January. Are these spontaneous escape seats booked via points available usually when the offer opens every month? Because I would have thought that people book their tickets earlier (months, like me) to be sure of award seat availability. Or is booking by miles not the same quota as award seats (which are only those seats for which free ticket or upgrade vouchers are used upon?)

Indigo flight for my jan date is some 25k round trip per person currently. Is it better to book these plain revenue tickets for 50k total minus whatever offers I get via travel portals, or somehow acquire 88k/80k CV/krisflyer points and book there? I don't know whether seats will be available if they are part of a limited quota. First time ever booking via miles and I don't have a CV membership or cards which provide upgrade vouchers etc
I also book months in advance. As I understand, the spontaneous escapes are meant to fill up vacant seats. So I assume vacant seats depends on the season and day.
Spotaneous escape is suitable for people who plan spontaenously ;). I would rather book the flights and use the points for booking rooms.

maynigam

TF Premier
I’m also in similar boat, I’m thinking to book flight separately rather than points as the final redemption value is coming out poor. I’ll rather be booking hotel via Accor.
I’m currently an Accor All member, Would Accor plus help me save ? I’ll be spending around 2L ( ~ 1.1L points) on hotel.
i dont think so. the free ngts are non consecutive!

yahnit

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I would suggest pay for your flights using your credit card considering it is only costing you 43k for flights. Infinia gives 18% return through MMT voucher, Magnus gives 12.5% and Atlas gives 10%. You can save up miles for upcoming trips or hotels.
For hotels, you should absolutely go with Accor. Through Accor, you can only redeem points in multiples of 2000. Any balance amount should be paid through card (I'd suggest use Atlas card as it gives 10% return).
Consider getting the Accor plus membership as it can get you a free stay at Rafles whose price usually is around 80k per night. Although, you'll have to book in advance.

yahnit

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If you are booking AirBnbs, I'd suggest for you to pay through Amex card (Amex Platinum card).

maynigam

TF Premier
I would suggest pay for your flights using your credit card considering it is only costing you 43k for flights. Infinia gives 18% return through MMT voucher, Magnus gives 12.5% and Atlas gives 10%. You can save up miles for upcoming trips or hotels.
For hotels, you should absolutely go with Accor. Through Accor, you can only redeem points in multiples of 2000. Any balance amount should be paid through card (I'd suggest use Atlas card as it gives 10% return).
Consider getting the Accor plus membership as it can get you a free stay at Rafles whose price usually is around 80k per night. Although, you'll have to book in advance.
Yes.. I'll do that. But that Accor membership stay is only for 1 day right?