• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pickle or Sabzi?

cardex

TF Premier
Just got my first C2C , ICICI platinum chip card, I am so filled with joy that I feel like 😭.

They have given me a C2C limit of 40,000, that is about 50 % cutdown on my C2C card.

So magnanimous of them, truly.

So, suggest me iska main achar daloon ya sabzi pakau?

WTF... seriously ICICI!!!

cardex

TF Premier
I believe the co-partners (Flipkart, Amazon etc.) have a part to play in such cases. I also got a 5x LE for my Apay CC within 6 months!
Axis simply refuses to LE now without ITR salary slips. On the contrary SBI CITI without asking gave. BTW what was your usage pattern in 6 months? Like you stayed within 30 % limit or reached max limit so that take note and LE?

cardex

TF Premier
Amazon app. The starting limit was > 1L, -- the same as that for a pre-approved LTF Coral CC that I had refused earlier. So I believe some kind of coordination goes on between Amazon and ICICI in the background without our knowledge.
couple of days back a notification did pop up on my amazon app but I did not try it since I was waiting for this card and my earlier Apay card application was rejected twice.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, but to my surprise, my pre-approved CC eligibility status with ICICI was somehow also conveyed to Amazon (I am not even a full KYC customer with them)!
what happens with regard to co-branded CCs...

we will take an example of Amzon and ICICI..

when a customer starts spending on Amazon... it start profiling the customer...
How many orders, frequency, type of purchases, mode of payments, volume of business, prime or not etc. etc. etc..
WIth this they will categorise the customers in to different buckets...
because they are not into lending business, they partnered with ICICI

So they provide non-identifiable dat to ICICI according to the category...

What ICICI does, if the customer is already their customer and Amzon gives high grade to the same customer then, the decision will be very favourable with regard to the outcome as well as CL..

In this case, what ICICI brings to the table is: Their existing customers by driving them to the Amazon for shopping with offers.
what Amazon does is they introduce a non ICICI well profiled customer to ICICI..
that is how they co-ordinate without breaching any personally identifiable data...

I can write more but I will stop it her as my fingers are sore..

Last edited: