• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payzapp + Red Girraffe MCC Patched

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Payzapp has corrected the MCC for rent transactions done on Red Girraffe. I did a transaction yesterday and the merchant name is reflected as PZRENT. The transaction got settled today and Axis has charged a 1% rent surcharge + GST as well. So it’s no longer reflected as a utility transaction

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I added money to my payzapp using DCB and paid the rent using Redgiraffe as biller and did not get any points.
Was I supposed to directly make the payment from DCB on payzapp?

No, this will also not fetch points anymore. @pprakash11 why did you say Yes?

You need to pay using HDFC BillPay. HDFC Mobile banking app or netbanking. You need to select rent payment, and pay with your CC. Only that will give you points.

hariselio

TF Premier
Are there any charges for adding money to payzapp?
Also, any charges for wallet to rent pay?
for testing, first added 1000rs and no additional charges were levied and got 150 reward points. Yday added another 25K and paid rent, this is not yet added in to Eterna unbilled statement. Mostly it will be added tomorrow, will update here if there is any charges. Also as per the few previous posts in this thread, there is no additional charges for paying rent from wallet.

cardwizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I did Payzp+RG With Magnus on 4th July. In my statement its mentioned as a insurance. So I guess, for me It will be considered for milestone of July.

MCC changes are recent. All recent transactions are in doubt.
I got edge rewards on Magnus even after the merchant changed to PZrent, so it is does give ER on paying rent, just it will not be counted for Monthly milestone I guess. (But yeah this way is not worth it now, as it deducted 1% + gst on it)

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got edge rewards on Magnus even after the merchant changed to PZrent, so it is does give ER on paying rent, just it will not be counted for Monthly milestone I guess. (But yeah this way is not worth it now, as it deducted 1% + gst on it)
Yes. I also believe that In your case it will not be considered for monthly milestone of Magnus.

So next month I will try with Infinia and check weather they will credit rewards points or not.

hariselio

TF Premier
for testing, first added 1000rs and no additional charges were levied and got 150 reward points. Yday added another 25K and paid rent, this is not yet added in to Eterna unbilled statement. Mostly it will be added tomorrow, will update here if there is any charges. Also as per the few previous posts in this thread, there is no additional charges for paying rent from wallet.
So got total 3900 points for the spend of 26000rs. This means 3.75% reward rate for wallet loading? Something wrong as i've read Eterna gives out only 0.75% for wallet loading. Mostly expecting them to re-adjust the reward points like SBI does or it will be unsustainable like Magnus :D

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So got total 3900 points for the spend of 26000rs. This means 3.75% reward rate for wallet loading? Something wrong as i've read Eterna gives out only 0.75% for wallet loading. Mostly expecting them to re-adjust the reward points like SBI does or it will be unsustainable like Magnus :D
What's the best way to redeem your rewards points?

ash_13

TF Buzz
Here is my current ordeal with SC Ultimate card.

I made a RG+PZ rent payment on 1st may 2023 'PAYZAPP BILLDESK NONMUMBAI IN'. Didnt knew back then that SC is gonna charge 1% rental transaction fees + GST.

On 15th July they charged me 'Rental Processing Fee 3 1/5/202 3' for amount = 4% of Rent Paid.

First I tried to find the MCC for 1st May Payzapp transaction. Customer Care refused, saying we don't have that information. Head Services also refused saying we cannot provide. PNO refused as well saying we cannot share.

Is there any guideline from RBI which necessitates the Bank to provide MCC to customer?

Now I am awaiting their response on why I am charged 4% even if you are claiming this is rent payment and it needs to be charged with 1% fees.

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last i redeemed for cash/statement credit. Each point value was 0.25p. If this is still holds true, then paying 26K rent every month will give me back 3.75% and additional 1% for paying back through HDFC platinum DC bill pay. This means, discount/cashback of 1200rs approximately for paying 26K rent!
Then it's a great deal..