• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paytm launches new UPI IDs

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
How j** will become market leader in this space....Save my post for future, there will be restriction on Gpay and Phonepe after elections...Do remember me at that time
Who will become Market leader ?
I never used gpay or phonepe to extend used Paytm since 2016 when I was kid.
Lots of transaction stored .

Let's see man what gov do ..
They are the rule maker .
Just hoping for ease for us not restrictions

vine

TF Premier
My key criterion was light weight app, clean interface, customer feedcback and high success rate...Tested following 20 and based on my memory, listing rejection reason

1. Gpay: Email id is UPI id...don't want to disclose personal details..Interface is overwhelming...After elections, new govt will put a restriction on no of transactions on Phonepe and Gpay to break their monopoly.
2. Paytm: now Mobile no is UPI id..Show complete account list and sometime select account which is not default
3. Phonepe: Found it too slow and desired VPA NA..Multiple VPA's are confusing....After elections, new govt will put a restriction on no of transactions on Phonepe and Gpay to break their monopoly.
4. Payzapp: Mobile no is UPI id
5. Freecharge: Customer review negative on failure rate..Not comfortable with word FREE in upi id...Don't need anything free:)
6. CRED: Threat to privacy, you have to naked yourself in front of them. Not worth for penny cashback
7. SBI Pay: Difficult to link rupay credit card
8. Induspay: High failure...Unable to link bank account
7. iMobile: Too cluttered..I have multiple accounts so it is cluttered
8. Pockets: Need to recharge wallet and then use UPI...Not comfortable
9. Amazon: Takes 3/4 clicks to reach UPI payment page
10. Axis Pay: Negative reviews on failure
11. Jupiter: Privacy concern
12. FiMoney: privacy concern
13. Dhani: Very low rating
14. Navi: Interface is promotional/cross selling
15. Kotak: Too much crowded like imobile
16. PNB: High failure review
17. JIO: Multiple clicks to reach UPI page...Will wait for jio pay launch
18. Samsung Pay: Need to open app to make NFC payment...Inconvenient and interface is overwhelming..Samsung account install bloat
19. Whatsapp: Need to save number before making payment...Inconvenient
20. Airtel: Too many clicks...time consuming
21. BHIM: High failure rate as reported by users

Finally selected YesPay Next: Single click payment, clean interface, no failure till now and we can set default bank a/c and rupay credit card so no need to select/see the account screen again and again
Also try Mobikwik and Slice.
Mobikwik has many ads prompt when we open it.
Havent tried slice.
Pockets is gone , afaik. ICICI stopped their partnership with Pockets.

For me BHIM and iMobile are good enough. Worst case gpay.

Govt/NPCI had already stopped user onboarding a few years ago for Gpay and phonepe, when market share increased more than ~35%. Not a surprise to think they will do it again.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also try Mobikwik and Slice.
Mobikwik has many ads prompt when we open it.
Havent tried slice.
Pockets is gone , afaik. ICICI stopped their partnership with Pockets.

For me BHIM and iMobile are good enough. Worst case gpay.

Govt/NPCI had already stopped user onboarding a few years ago for Gpay and phonepe, when market share increased more than ~35%. Not a surprise to think they will do it again.
I am lately facing issue with imoble app for UPI failures.
Like 8/10 I get a failure message.

This has been happening since last 3 4 months

Vineet_

TF Premier
Please confirm is there any changes in paytm business qr code upi I'd or by default @paytm migrated to yes bank only.

I can't see any upi I'd migration in paytm business qr code section.