• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paytm launches new UPI IDs

nits123

TF Select
I activated new upi id and which is mobileno@ptsbi or 3 other options...They replaced the existing upi id @paytm with new upi id as primary upi id...There is no option to change/edit new primary i.e. mobileno@ptsbi...They are migrating intelligently to new upi id without creating panic.

Very bad move from paytm...Uninstalled paytm as i am not comfortable sharing my mobile no with everyone to whom i make payment...Installed Yes Pay Next for UPI payment and Gpay for NFC payments.

nits123

TF Select
will this happen for sure?
Sometimes, I find mobilenumber@paytm UPI very easy to use and remember..
100%..Check news reports...@paytm handle will be discontinued as it is linked to Paytm payments bank....RBI has made it very clear.....i am not comfortable sharing my mobile no with everyone to whom i make payment so will prefer upi app which provide customize upi id.

gowthamv

TF Premier
100%..Check news reports...@paytm handle will be discontinued as it is linked to Paytm payments bank....RBI has made it very clear.....i am not comfortable sharing my mobile no with everyone to whom i make payment so will prefer upi app which provide customize upi id.
apart from YesPay, which UPI app provides this facility? any idea..

nits123

TF Select
apart from YesPay, which UPI app provides this facility? any idea..
The failure rate of upi apps by banks is very low compared to third party apps...In banks, SBI & IndusInd provide customized upi id and in 3rd party, you can check freecharge, jio and phonepe

There might be other apps also but i only tested top 20 before finalizing yespay next

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
SI activated new upi id and which is mobileno@ptsbi or 3 other options...They replaced the existing upi id @paytm with new upi id as primary upi id...There is no option to change/edit new primary i.e. mobileno@ptsbi...They are migrating intelligently to new upi id without creating panic.

Very bad move from paytm...Uninstalled paytm as i am not comfortable sharing my mobile no with everyone to whom i make payment...Installed Yes Pay Next for UPI payment and Gpay for NFC payments.
Same thing, will always prefer firstname.lastname@handle over phonenumber@handle

Thinking of moving to BHIM for good. If only it also had all credit card provider billing options.

nits123

TF Select
My key criterion was light weight app, clean interface, customer feedcback and high success rate...Tested following 20 and based on my memory, listing rejection reason

1. Gpay: Email id is UPI id...don't want to disclose personal details..Interface is overwhelming...After elections, new govt will put a restriction on no of transactions on Phonepe and Gpay to break their monopoly.
2. Paytm: now Mobile no is UPI id..Show complete account list and sometime select account which is not default
3. Phonepe: Found it too slow and desired VPA NA..Multiple VPA's are confusing....After elections, new govt will put a restriction on no of transactions on Phonepe and Gpay to break their monopoly.
4. Payzapp: Mobile no is UPI id
5. Freecharge: Customer review negative on failure rate..Not comfortable with word FREE in upi id...Don't need anything free:)
6. CRED: Threat to privacy, you have to naked yourself in front of them. Not worth for penny cashback
7. SBI Pay: Difficult to link rupay credit card
8. Induspay: High failure...Unable to link bank account
7. iMobile: Too cluttered..I have multiple accounts so it is cluttered
8. Pockets: Need to recharge wallet and then use UPI...Not comfortable
9. Amazon: Takes 3/4 clicks to reach UPI payment page
10. Axis Pay: Negative reviews on failure
11. Jupiter: Privacy concern
12. FiMoney: privacy concern
13. Dhani: Very low rating
14. Navi: Interface is promotional/cross selling
15. Kotak: Too much crowded like imobile
16. PNB: High failure review
17. JIO: Multiple clicks to reach UPI page...Will wait for jio pay launch
18. Samsung Pay: Need to open app to make NFC payment...Inconvenient and interface is overwhelming..Samsung account install bloat
19. Whatsapp: Need to save number before making payment...Inconvenient
20. Airtel: Too many clicks...time consuming
21. BHIM: High failure rate as reported by users

Finally selected YesPay Next: Single click payment, clean interface, no failure till now and we can set default bank a/c and rupay credit card so no need to select/see the account screen again and again

Last edited:

gowthamv

TF Premier
My key criterion was light weight app, clean interface, customer feedcback and high success rate...Tested following 20 and based on my memory, listing rejection reason

1. Gpay: Email id is UPI id...don't want to disclose personal details..Interface is overwhelming
2. Paytm: now Mobile no is UPI id..Show complete account list and sometime select account which is not default
3. Phonepe: Found it too slow and desired VPA NA..Multiple VPA's are confusing
4. Payzapp: Mobile no is UPI id
5. Freecharge: Customer review negative on failure rate..Not comfortable with word FREE in upi id...Don't need anything free:)
6. CRED: Threat to privacy, you have to naked yourself in front of them. Not worth for penny cashback
7. SBI Pay: Difficult to link rupay credit card
8. Induspay: High failure...Unable to link bank account
7. iMobile: Too cluttered..I have multiple accounts so it is cluttered
8. Pockets: Need to recharge wallet and then use UPI...Not comfortable
9. Amazon: Takes 3/4 clicks to reach UPI payment page
10. Axis Pay: Negative reviews on failure
11. Jupiter: Privacy concern
12. FiMoney: privacy concern
13. Dhani: Very low rating
14. Navi: Interface is promotional/cross selling
15. Kotak: Too much crowded like imobile
16. PNB: High failure review
17. JIO: Multiple clicks to reach UPI page...Will wait for jio pay launch
18. Samsung Pay: Need to open app to make NFC payment...Inconvenient and interface is overwhelming..Samsung account install bloat
19. Whatsapp: Need to save number before making payment...Inconvenient
20. Airtel: Too many clicks...time consuming
21. BHIM: High failure rate as reported by users

Finally selected YesPay Next: Single click payment, clean interface, no failure till now and we can set default bank a/c and rupay credit card so no need to select/see the account screen again and again
Since you have tried almost all apps and have a good experience..
I have this question?

How has been your experience on UPI Lite?

nits123

TF Select
What is everyone using after Paytm's closure? I dont use UPI so I have stopped online transactions completely
People are rushing to Phonepe and GPay...After elections, new govt will put a restriction on no of transactions on Phonepe and Gpay to break their monopoly....This is also one of the reason, i have not selected Gpay and Phonepe

Using Gpay only for NFC payment not UPI

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
People are rushing to Phonepe and GPay...After elections, new govt will put a restriction on no of transactions on Phonepe and Gpay to break their monopoly....This is also one of the reason, i have not selected Gpay and Phonepe

Using Gpay only for NFC payment not UPI
Does any of these offer wallets? I dont want to link my account and pay using UPI