• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paytm Citi Credit Card - Citi Axis transfer

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
so bascially i thought all citi including co-branded card will be transferred to axis bank but doesn't seem that way cause only citi card expect co-branded all customer have received mail for consent to transfer their relationship to axis, so should i close the paytm cc it has 3.37 laksh limit and 50,000 k spend for reversal , or they will send mail to co-branded citi card ? card has 1% cashback it was issued in jan 2019.

Reactions: AsB

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I think PayTM has to deal with this instead of Citi.

It's like OneCard ended partnership with IDFC First Bank, so it requested customers to switch to other supported parners.

So, I think same will applicable with PayTM. If all good with Axis and PayTM, then switching not required.

But so far, Citi-Axis deal not contains PayTM relationship.
hmmm i never have called citi customer care before will have to ask them let c if they have a clue , my reason of closing is simple this card isn't that rewarding and have mailed ciit in 2021 but i kept the card and didn't cancel and now even spending anything apart from deal in which citi card is usefully will be gone in 1st half of 2023 . if customer care can transfer this card to citi reward seem a good option but then only they will offer me if not will cancel and move on

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I called Citi customer care. She was clueless She said they haven't sent any such FAQs😅. I tried pointing her to the email link, but she was just not ready to listen.

Now I sent them mail attaching that pdf.
Got reply today. Seems like they will close the card post migration.

Kindly be informed per the Citi’s agreement with Axis Bank for the sale of Citi’s consumer banking businesses in India, the Citi Paytm credit card will not be migrated to Axis. The transaction is expected to complete in the first half of calendar year 2023 (“Effective Date”), subject to requisite regulatory approvals. Hence the card account will be open until Citibank Operations are migrated to Axis, and further which the account may be closed with intimation.