• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment of Property Tax in Bangalore using Axis Magnus

sidart

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Wanted to understand if Property tax payment can be done via CC and do we get ER for the transaction? Will be there be any charges for the same.
I can use Axis Magnus if transaction are considered for Rewards and Milestone. I guess it should be considered as Govt Payment

sidart

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I made the payment, There is a excess charge of around 140 rupees billed than what was actually received as SMS for the swipe.
I checked with the customer care they said no charges from the bank. The charge is from the portal. It is billed under Government Utilities. They had no clue whether I would be getting ER for the same :censored: . Now its wait and watch for me

sun196

TF Buzz
I made the payment, There is a excess charge of around 140 rupees billed than what was actually received as SMS for the swipe.
I checked with the customer care they said no charges from the bank. The charge is from the portal. It is billed under Government Utilities. They had no clue whether I would be getting ER for the same :censored: . Now its wait and watch for me
There will always be a small transaction charge when the underlying payment is made to any arm of the government as the receiver will not bear any charges. It will vary from 0.5 to 1% depending on the transaction.

You will get the points as government transactions have not been excluded for these cards. I have received points right until Feb. And there was nothing under this head for the changes in March for these cards. You should get teh regular points. Please confirm after you receive.

sidart

TF Select
VIP Lounge
There will always be a small transaction charge when the underlying payment is made to any arm of the government as the receiver will not bear any charges. It will vary from 0.5 to 1% depending on the transaction.

You will get the points as government transactions have not been excluded for these cards. I have received points right until Feb. And there was nothing under this head for the changes in March for these cards. You should get teh regular points. Please confirm after you receive.
Agreed. I was just double checking with Axis. My confusion came when the amount was different between the SMS i got Axis at time of payment and amount posted to the card.

sun196

TF Buzz
Agreed. I was just double checking with Axis. My confusion came when the amount was different between the SMS i got Axis at time of payment and amount posted to the card.
There should not be a difference between the sms and the amount posted to the card. The sms will account for the payment gateway transaction charges.

Double checking with Axis is of little help. The call centre guys are as clueless and confused about inclusions and exclusions for various cards. I had to help them understand quite a few things when I was following up actively with them in the run up to the new TnCs in early March. You have have to depend on actual user experiences. That's the gold standard. Or rather, the only standard. That's why it is critical to update our experiences regularly.

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I've used CC for property tax on bbmp portal 2-3 year ago but didn't get RP because it falls under utility. I don't remember what card it was but don't use CC for property tax payments since then because there's the additional fee as well that can be avoided if we go with UPI or other Bank transfers

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Isn't bbmp listed under Payzapp (essentially BBPS) municipal services? If so, they don't charge anything extra? Reward points will be a hit or miss.

sidart

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I did get the Regular ER points for the transaction. The extra charges paid 140 rupee on transaction of around 10k.
Will have to wait long to confirm if it is added to the milestone too.

vikasr94

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just to be on the safe side, I tried SC Ultimate on 1st April (1 day prior to the new reward structure) and they Charged Rs 140 excess but I got regular rewards at 3.3%.
I am not using my Magnus effectively for the Edge Rewards, what are the top few easy/essential spends that we can do to get max benefits on edge rewards ?

rayhan12

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just to be on the safe side, I tried SC Ultimate on 1st April (1 day prior to the new reward structure) and they Charged Rs 140 excess but I got regular rewards at 3.3%.
I am not using my Magnus effectively for the Edge Rewards, what are the top few easy/essential spends that we can do to get max benefits on edge rewards ?
that's what I want to know, if someone got ER while paying the tax.