• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment of Property Tax in Bangalore using Axis Magnus

sidart

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Wanted to understand if Property tax payment can be done via CC and do we get ER for the transaction? Will be there be any charges for the same.
I can use Axis Magnus if transaction are considered for Rewards and Milestone. I guess it should be considered as Govt Payment

sun196

TF Buzz
So, did anyone received the ER for property tax payments? I wanted to know if the property tax payment is considered for 1L milestone ?
Should be counted for milestone. I had made payments on the vistara card in jan which counted for milestones. The mar changes on milestones didnt apply to magnus (except rent), so it should still hold.

rkg

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
BBMP property tax portal clearly mentions applicable charges for different modes of payment. For CC, HDFC gateway charges are 0.8% + GST. PayU gateway charges are 0.85% + GST.
PayU gateway directly adds the charges while making payment.
Where as HDFC gateway does not do so but adds later. It seems no reward points also for HDFC cards( paid by Infinia. No points)
No charges for UPI and debit cards
For Amex it is 3.5% + GST

sun196

TF Buzz
Should be counted for milestone. I had made payments on the vistara card in jan which counted for milestones. The mar changes on milestones didnt apply to magnus (except rent), so it should still hold.
There is another very good thread on inclusions and exclusions on the Magnus card. It is a great reference and is constantly updated. Keep it as a ready reference. The Thread name is Axis Magnus - Master List of Exclusions. Take a look.

Last edited:

sun196

TF Buzz
BBMP property tax portal clearly mentions applicable charges for different modes of payment. For CC, HDFC gateway charges are 0.8% + GST. PayU gateway charges are 0.85% + GST.
Where as HDFC gateway does not do so but adds later. It seems no reward points also for HDFC cards( paid by Infinia. No points)
Yup. HDFC has excluded rewards on government transactions since 1st Jan'23

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This looks correct and the reason I prefer UPI on government sites

baheria

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
do we get rewards on infinia and diners also for property tax?
which one is better - infinia, diners, amex plat charge, Axis flipkart, amazon pay icici?

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
do we get rewards on infinia and diners also for property tax?
which one is better - infinia, diners, amex plat charge, Axis flipkart, amazon pay icici?
No. They are considered government charges and don't earn RP.
I think someone if this forum confirmed it already and the link below also says so.

sackmr

TF Buzz
Hi @kkk , which portal and payment gateway did you use to pay for registration and stamp duty charges without extra charges? Also, did you receive regular reward points, and was the transaction counted for monthly milestone of Axis Magnus?

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi @kkk , which portal and payment gateway did you use to pay for registration and stamp duty charges without extra charges? Also, did you receive regular reward points, and was the transaction counted for monthly milestone of Axis Magnus?
It was Karnataka govt portal for registration and stamp duty(I think it was - https://kaverionline.karnataka.gov.in/). I used Axis Reserve and I received regular ER points.