• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paisabazaar unauthorised activity SMS

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I had closed my paisabazaar account long back in 2022, still I used to get marketing SMS of credit card and loans from them every week. I used to delete those SMS or ignore, until this week, I got some back to back SMS s which shook me.
The first OTP SMS was for logging in to paisabazaar, the second OTP SMS was to initiate a credit line application (both SMS arrived in the same minute), the third SMS arrived after 40 minutes, asking me to complete the KB! loan application with a link in that SMS.
There was no e-mails btw, I am really confused of what this KB! loan is, and how can anyone apply (if for real) for a financial product from an account, which was allegedly closed months ago.
Is this a legit situation? Or paisabazaar just want me to use the paisabazaar account once again, or any sort of other unauthorised activity. If you have any similar experience, please share with me. I have abstained from logging in to paisabazaar again to check if something is upto there. So want your opinion regarding this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230220-000924~3.png
    Screenshot_20230220-000924~3.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 77

SiddharthR

TF Ace
You can verify these by calling us on 1800 208 8877 (9 am – 9 pm) or visit our website / app.
Maybe sender ID does not belong to paisabazzar

akshayhs

TF Ace
It definitely looks like Paisabazaar to me considering I get SMS from the same sender.

You can verify these by calling us on 1800 208 8877 (9 am – 9 pm) or visit our website / app.
Maybe sender ID does not belong to paisabazzar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230220-025356.png
    Screenshot_20230220-025356.png
    55 KB · Views: 22

akshayhs

TF Ace
I had closed my paisabazaar account long back in 2022, still I used to get marketing SMS of credit card and loans from them every week. I used to delete those SMS or ignore, until this week, I got some back to back SMS s which shook me.
The first OTP SMS was for logging in to paisabazaar, the second OTP SMS was to initiate a credit line application (both SMS arrived in the same minute), the third SMS arrived after 40 minutes, asking me to complete the KB! loan application with a link in that SMS.
There was no e-mails btw, I am really confused of what this KB! loan is, and how can anyone apply (if for real) for a financial product from an account, which was allegedly closed months ago.
Is this a legit situation? Or paisabazaar just want me to use the paisabazaar account once again, or any sort of other unauthorised activity. If you have any similar experience, please share with me. I have abstained from logging in to paisabazaar again to check if something is upto there. So want your opinion regarding this.
Just monitor your credit reports across bureaus continuously to ensure new accounts that you didn't authorised are added to your account.

SaiyamK

TF Select
I am quoting/referring the mail which I sent to vigilance@rblbank.com, which clearly describes the issue,
----------------------------------------------
I got a call from Paisa Bazaar offering your RBL Duet Card which I clearly refused to apply.
Then I started receiving OTPs from RBL Bank which I didn't share.
Later that day I got a call from RBL Bank for KYC and wanted to know when I would be free, I again told him I didn't apply for that card.
So just to be clear, I went onto CIBIL website and saw RBL Bank's Enquiry for Credit Card on my report for an enquiry amount for Rs.1000.
(This is the short/summary form of mail, it was really long)

--------------------------------------------
After a week I received several apologetic calls from both RBL Bank and Paisa Bazaar. RBL told me they have forwarded the request to Paisa Bazaar. Then someone from Paisa Bazaar who was a very high post called me and told me he studied the case and it was genuinely their fault. Also, they have terminated the job of the representative who filled the application, which I felt really bad and even try to convince him to let her go off with a warning, but he said he has to stick to company policies etc.
After sometime CIBIL enquiry was also reversed and Case Closed.

Now writing and remembering this issue, I again went on a guilt trip that was it really worth it?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I am quoting/referring the mail which I sent to vigilance@rblbank.com, which clearly describes the issue,
I got a call from Paisa Bazaar offering your RBL Duet Card which I clearly refused to apply.
Later that day I got a call from RBL Bank for KYC and wanted to know when I would be free, I again told him I didn't apply for that card.
So just to be clear, I went onto CIBIL website and saw RBL Bank's Enquiry for Credit Card on my report for an enquiry amount for Rs.1000.

After a week I received several apologetic calls from both RBL Bank and Paisa Bazaar. RBL told me they have forwarded the request to Paisa Bazaar. Then someone from Paisa Bazaar who was a very high post called me and told me he studied the case and it was genuinely their fault. Also, they have terminated the job of the representative who filled the application, which I felt really bad and even try to convince him to let her go off with a warning, but he said he has to stick to company policies etc.

Now writing and remembering this issue, I again went on a guilt trip that was it really worth it?
You shouldn't feel guilty about this. These are financial transactions which has to be taken seriously by the companies as they might even get a notice from RBI if escalated further.

anilkrsh

TF Premier

Do not feel bad. Financial irregularities are a big thing and not even a small thing like this should be let go. Just imagine, what would have happened if you had done RBL kyc recently and the employee had filled your form for a super premium card. The bank would have sent you the card without any kyc!!!

ltf4ever

TF Ace

you are talking about feeling guilty, i think they should be jailed. they are not school kids and know what they are doing. imagine your cibil falling because of their false application and you need to pay more interest rate when you want to apply for a home loan for lacs of rupees.
be thankful to RBI guidelines that requires otp, or else, these people would have put so many loans under your name!

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
Nothing to fear. No application is initiated. They can't initiate until you click the link and enter OTP.
Let me give you a surprise.. Two months back I got a call from Paisabazar for duet card. They told me card is pre-approved with minimum 2 lakh limit. I rejected the offer. Minutes after discounting call, got an OTP for credit card application. Didn't even share any detail with anyone and about half hour later a message came for cibil enquiy
I didn't share any details yet my card was applied and the next day someone called me for physical kyc too. However I declined it. Later I called that agent and told him to remove the enquiry, but nothing happened.

anilkrsh

TF Premier
Let me give you a surprise.. Two months back I got a call from Paisabazar for duet card. They told me card is pre-approved with minimum 2 lakh limit. I rejected the offer. Minutes after discounting call, got an OTP for credit card application. Didn't even share any detail with anyone and about half hour later a message came for cibil enquiy
I didn't share any details yet my card was applied and the next day someone called me for physical kyc too. However I declined it. Later I called that agent and told him to remove the enquiry, but nothing happened.
Call bank and ask to remove CIBIL enquiry. Looks like there's a loophole and i am seeing this happening to lot of people. Try to complain to rbi ombudsman as well.