• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis is asking me if i want to cancel a credit card which i did not activate after RBI complaint

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ok so i did not activate my Axis Select credit card which then got added to my cibil report. After complaining with axis bank and no resolution, raised a RBI complaint. Now they are calling me and saying as per RBI rules only they have acted, a card will get added to cibil report whether i activate it or not. Can anyone confirm on this? They are saying only if i confirm to cancelling the card, it will get removed. Need help on how to handle it

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yea thats what i said but the exec is saying its not, and card will be added to cibil whether i activate it or not. Should i not agree to cancel my card? Should i take this stance?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Nothing. I activated Magnus at that time, so did not bother with Select Credit card. And Axis have confirmed to me that i did not activate the card
Axis is notorious for engaging in such practices, especially if you're an existing customer. Your best course of action could involve escalating the matter to the RBI, though you should be prepared for a potentially lengthy struggle.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Raise a direct complaint to RBI Ombudsman with all proofs and ask for compensation from Axis.
Have already asked the exec to mail me the details but he said this can be confirmed only thru phone call. I asked him to call some other time. You can ask compensation for this?>

I didn't even ask compensation to SBI for adding a wrong loan account in my name which probably ended up affecting my credit score 4 years back( since i already had a running home loan at that time) which is also another RBI complaing i'm dealing with right now.

D

Deleted member 16965

Have already asked the exec to mail me the details but he said this can be confirmed only thru phone call. I asked him to call some other time. You can ask compensation for this?>

I didn't even ask compensation to SBI for adding a wrong loan account in my name which probably ended up affecting my credit score 4 years back( since i already had a running home loan at that time) which is also another RBI complaing i'm dealing with right now.
If they are denying for an email then it is clear that they know they are at a fault here. Your best bet is to have a call recording to prove your innocence.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis is notorious for engaging in such practices, especially if you're an existing customer. Your best course of action could involve escalating the matter to the RBI, though you should be prepared for a potentially lengthy struggle.
I only have CC portfolio with them, no savings accounts. Its already been 4 months now, i guess depending on how it goes i will have to raise another complaint with rbi

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I only have CC portfolio with them, no savings accounts. Its already been 4 months now, i guess depending on how it goes i will have to raise another complaint with rbi
It doesn't matter, even if you have CC relationship. They will activate the card and also charge you the joining fees.

dvader

TF Premier
It doesn't matter, even if you have CC relationship. They will activate the card and also charge you the joining fees.
Axis has become sort of a cancer...self serviving at this point. Someday It's gonna die for sure but it's gona take few organs with it. I wish with all my heart that this bank goes bankrupt and ends the suffering of millions. I mean if Credit Suisse can go down axis isn't even worth their one branch.

shashankrt

TF Premier
Axis has become sort of a cancer...self serviving at this point. Someday It's gonna die for sure but it's gona take few organs with it. I wish with all my heart that this bank goes bankrupt and ends the suffering of millions. I mean if Credit Suisse can go down axis isn't even worth their one branch.
Axis or for that matter any Indian bank will never go down. Unlike crappy western economies and their incompetent central banks, RBI is much better regulator and even if a bank is in a mess it will be taken over and managed. And fyi - SBI or HDFC or AXIS are much larger than Credit suisse.

racydex

TF Select
Ok so i did not activate my Axis Select credit card which then got added to my cibil report. After complaining with axis bank and no resolution, raised a RBI complaint. Now they are calling me and saying as per RBI rules only they have acted, a card will get added to cibil report whether i activate it or not. Can anyone confirm on this? They are saying only if i confirm to cancelling the card, it will get removed. Need help on how to handle it
CIBIL will have an "Inquiry" from Axis bank, which is what they do to check your credit score when you apply. That is legit and you can't contest it.
Once you get the card, an "Account" shows up on your CIBIL. That you can ask them to close and it will show as "closed". I doubt it will get removed completely.
You should keep a paid version of CIBIL for safety as a lot of scams happen these days if your KYC documents get leaked.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
CIBIL will have an "Inquiry" from Axis bank, which is what they do to check your credit score when you apply. That is legit and you can't contest it.
Once you get the card, an "Account" shows up on your CIBIL. That you can ask them to close and it will show as "closed". I doubt it will get removed completely.
You should keep a paid version of CIBIL for safety as a lot of scams happen these days if your KYC documents get leaked.
Seems i have missed to update this thread. After fighting with Axis and raising complaint with RBI Ombudsman, the credit card account got removed in Cibil report. You don't need to close if you didn't activate the credit card!