• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paid cards with best returns based on spends (miscellaneous)

m8yharsha

TF Buzz
Hi Technofino family, my 1st thread here. Glad to be a part of this family and I enjoy going through all of ur experiences and wisdom that you share here. Back to the topic now.

I have been a LTF for the win guy since I started my cc journey last year. Since this never pushes me to spend apart from my needs. Simple and effective!

But lately i started realising the value we can get from by spending few bucks...good example can be airtel axis card. Although I can't hit the milestone to get the fee waived but the returns I get by paying the fee outshines it.(My point being -> rewards outweighing annual fee and appreciating the money we spend through the cc)

Now I need your help in putting a list which would give us max returns based on the spends (miscellaneous...can be insurance, rent, gold etc). I know various topics have been discussed accross different threads but couldn't find one with the data consolidated in 1 place. I want to keep this post upto date so that everyone could get benifit out of it easily.

Here we go!

Spends 🐱egories(per year obviously 😛):
🐱1: <1L
🐱2: 1-3L
🐱3: 3-5L
🐱4: 5-8L
🐱5: 8-10L
OG🐱: 10L+

Let's find those cards together!

Edit1:
Lets go with some breakdown which applies to all of those spend categories
Travel - 20%
Insurance - 20%
Rent - 20%
Gold - 20%
Miscellaneous (Dining, Fuel...yada yada) - 20%

I'm excluding shopping here since we would mostly pick the obvious choices like SBI CB, HDFC Millenia and if there any Bank specific offers during sales.

Let's try putting things that can benifit the most instead of worrying about everyones specific needs😁😌

Last edited:

m8yharsha

TF Buzz
@S S V
I was expecting a fight for the best returns wrt spends amongst cards from amex, axis (vistara, atlas, m4b), hdfc (DCB, Infinia) etc

Mostly premium and super premium cards where we can do our spending without having to bother about the category of spend

Also how people would breakdown their spends to maximize returns amongst these

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@S S V
I was expecting a fight for the best returns wrt spends amongst cards from amex, axis (vistara, atlas, m4b), hdfc (DCB, Infinia)

Mostly premium and super premium cards where we can do our spending without having to bother about the category of spend

Also how people would breakdown their spends to maximize returns amongst these
see, the thing is, you have just mentioned the total amount pa.. you didn't mention what are categories of spends(like online, offline, grocery, fuel etc) this total constitutes..
Hence my naughty reply of SBI CB card for all and for 10L+ M4B... actually my recommendation is correct with your vague requirement..

CC spending is quite complex and quite personalised especially so when the spends go beyond 10L...
Good night..