• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Open HDFC Bank account for credit card upgrade?

mukundstud

TF Premier
I have HDFC Millenia credit card with a limit of nearly 2 Lakhs without a bank account. I like this card, but I will prefer HDFC regalia due to its complementary international lounges and lower forex fees. Can I upgrade to it without having an HDFC bank account? If no, can I open HDFC Digisave Youth account to be eligible for the card upgrade later on? I don't want to use it as my primary account. Will I have to maintain Rs. 10k after I cross 25 years of age, or Rs. 5k balance requirement valid for lifetime?

cherryj1988

TF Select
If u make HDFC acc and u have 2lakh limit too .. Then i believe u should be able to keep the minimum 25k balance account. The 5k/10k account has other charges like for debit card, instant alert sms charges etc and i wouldnt recommend.

As for upgrading your card specifically, u dont really "need" an hdfc acc for them to offer u the upgrade. Just use the millenia well for like a year and have decent spends and most likely you will get a pre approved upgrade offer or you can call them up and ask for the upgrade too based on ur existing limit and spend patterns. If the card is new and less than 3-6 months, I'd wait.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Actually, I heard from YouTube videos that HDFC savings account is necessary to upgrade to Regalia card and above. That's why I was asking this question.
That’s purely a false claim. Acc relationship escalate the chance of upgradation and new credit products but it’s not the soul reason of upgrade and getting new products.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
If u want to open account.. Go for hdfc farmers account... Can be opened... Online easily.... Mab of 2500...hdfc rupay platinum card by default.. Can be used for amazon and swiggy offers......