• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One card pre-approved offer

Solution
I'm being shown the following one card offer. I have 2 questions:
  1. Will this result in a CIBIL hard enquiry?
  2. Is it worth it anymore even as LTF?
onecard.jpeg
Generally onecard gets hate because most people get it backed by some FD. If you are getting it unsecured there is no harm in keeping it. Compared to other banks they have many offers on Zomato. Also, you can purchase GVs from them and get 5% to 10% as RPs. Their forex markup is also 1% only. I don't see any harm with this card 😄

KLB@96

TF Premier
Guys, have one card with 60k limit and I barely use it may be once a month for petrol. This is stopping me from applying core federal cards. Should I close this and apply federal card after 90 days ? or will they change policy in coming days so I can apply two cards ?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Guys, have one card with 60k limit and I barely use it may be once a month for petrol. This is stopping me from applying core federal cards. Should I close this and apply federal card after 90 days ? or will they change policy in coming days so I can apply two cards ?
Sooner or later all banks gonna be change their one card issuance policy

Generally onecard gets hate because most people get it backed by some FD. If you are getting it unsecured there is no harm in keeping it. Compared to other banks they have many offers on Zomato. Also, you can purchase GVs from them and get 5% to 10% as RPs. Their forex markup is also 1% only. I don't see any harm with this card 😄
Can you elaborate on GVs and explain how one can get around 5-10% RP?

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can you elaborate on GVs and explain how one can get around 5-10% RP?
On Onecard app, you can buy GVs for various services including Dominos (7%), Swiggy (5%) etc.

For example, If you buy a Swiggy GV of Rs 1000 value from them, they offer 500 RPs which when redeemed to statement is equal to Rs 50 (5%). There are no reward redemption charges with them.

There are 100s of such vouchers available which give RPs ranging from 2% to 10%. For a free card with no reward redemption charges, it is pretty good IMO.

On Onecard app, you can buy GVs for various services including Dominos (7%), Swiggy (5%) etc.

For example, If you buy a Swiggy GV of Rs 1000 value from them, they offer 500 RPs which when redeemed to statement is equal to Rs 50 (5%). There are no reward redemption charges with them.

There are 100s of such vouchers available which give RPs ranging from 2% to 10%. For a free card with no reward redemption charges, it is pretty good IMO.
better reward rate than grabdeals for any GVs?

doomlord

TF Select
When I was eligible for OneCard few months back, i half filled its application form and then cancelled my application. Now today I am unable to apply for the same. Have been trying since almost a year even after holding various credit cards. OneCard is soo damn lame. It seems that if you ever reject their card/close their card you will never be onboarded again and due to this I will not get an opportunity to get a metal card! :(
If anyone has any solution, please do let me know. I have an extreme urge for a metal card which is LTF!
Same problem, I had applied when it was not showing any limit but it was showing pre approved, later got to know it was fd based, so I didn't proceed, from that time till now, I didn't get any offer of unsecured card, only fd based it shows as pre-approved (from sbm bank) my friend got offer of unsecured metal cc with 20K limit but for me nothing, can anything be done for this? Did anyone try contacting cc?

codenerd

TF Ace
Same problem, I had applied when it was not showing any limit but it was showing pre approved, later got to know it was fd based, so I didn't proceed, from that time till now, I didn't get any offer of unsecured card, only fd based it shows as pre-approved (from sbm bank) my friend got offer of unsecured metal cc with 20K limit but for me nothing, can anything be done for this? Did anyone try contacting cc?
I have blasted them on twitter with a lot of things but they are a bunch of morons trust me. They simply don't care. One less customer is no big deal For them.

I can't waste anymore time and energy behind that metal card. I am done😂

Last edited: