• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas Offline Hotel Payment using Atlas

neo.puneet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I'm planning to pay around 3-3.5 lacs directly at the hotel for a personal event using Axis Atlas CC. Is it safe to assume that I would be getting 5% Edge Miles for the payment?

Has anyone made the payment at the hotel directly offline and not received 5% Edge Miles?

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I'm planning to pay around 3-3.5 lacs directly at the hotel for a personal event using Axis Atlas CC. Is it safe to assume that I would be getting 5% Edge Miles for the payment?

Has anyone made the payment at the hotel directly offline and not received 5% Edge Miles?
Before doing that check the MCC code there
there are many local resturants using POS marked as utility.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I didn't get 5 points per 100 rupees for one hotel payment. When I checked with Axis, they said the MCC code was for a restaurant.

I also didn't get 5p/100 for my Cathay Pacific booking. The MCC code was for a travel agent.

All of this depends on the MCC code. If the MCC code is correct, you will get points. Otherwise, you won't. Axis won't budge either.

neo.puneet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
All of this depends on the MCC code. If the MCC code is correct, you will get points. Otherwise, you won't. Axis won't budge either.
understood, my brother have swiped 1 lac on amex on that same hotel so fortunately, i will be able to check its MCC (hoping they don't swipe out the machine by the time i make the payment lol), if the MCC is of Hotel, i will use Atlas otherwise, Magnus.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
understood, my brother have swiped 1 lac on amex on that same hotel so fortunately, i will be able to check its MCC (hoping they don't swipe out the machine by the time i make the payment lol), if the MCC is of Hotel, i will use Atlas otherwise, Magnus.
Some hotels have separate swipe machines for Amex. Saw one in Ibis recently.

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Checking is not possible, because the owners of the local restaurants themselves don't know the MCC of their own swipe machine
Yes its possible, i did that few months back went to the restaurant ordered something and used pos for a smaller amount and later i checked the rewards were there. So planned the whole event and paid via it.
I didn't get 5 points per 100 rupees for one hotel payment. When I checked with Axis, they said the MCC code was for a restaurant.

I also didn't get 5p/100 for my Cathay Pacific booking. The MCC code was for a travel agent.

Yes Some resturants have pos with different MCC codes thats why the issues.

drsel

TF Legend

Looks like it is better to play safe and use Atlas only on the Traveledge portal, then you are guaranteed the 10% return.
Especially when it's a big amount and you don't have the time or option to check MCC by swiping a small test amount then calling customer care to check out the MCC

drsel

TF Legend
Offline Atlas gives 4% value whereas Burgundy Magnus is 4.8% value at 5:4 ratio.

For airline tickets, Burgundy Magnus gives 24% value if you buy on Traveledge (60 points per 200, 5:4 ratio) but you need to pay 5 to 7% more.

Atlas gives 10% on direct airline website, this is useful when Traveledge fare is much more than the direct airline website.

For hotels, Cleartrip give 35% off with Kotak and other cards., (But they charge a small convenience fee)
I don't think even Burgundy Magnus can beat that, never mind Atlas

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
Make a 10 rupee swipe on the pos, call customer care and ask the mcc, match it with the list and then make bigger transaction.
Hi,

Rajkumar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Pay advance with atlas and wait for 2 to 3 days and you will get to know