• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No cost EMI on SBI credit card

emiya007

TF Neo
Hi. I know that on HDFC, ICICI and some other credit cards you can cancel the no cost EMI and save on interest payments without paying foreclosure charges.
SBI charges 3% foreclosure charges if you close the EMI later.
However, I read in another thread here that you can cancel the EMI by paying the full amount and so will not be charged the foreclosure charges. Could somebody guide me how to do so?

MudraMantra

TF Buzz
Hi. I know that on HDFC, ICICI and some other credit cards you can cancel the no cost EMI and save on interest payments without paying foreclosure charges.
SBI charges 3% foreclosure charges if you close the EMI later.
However, I read in another thread here that you can cancel the EMI by paying the full amount and so will not be charged the foreclosure charges. Could somebody guide me how to do so?
In 2022, I made a purchase on Flipkart and opted to convert it into a NO Cost EMI plan to avail of an extra discount, using my SBI credit card. Shortly after the transaction, I contacted customer service to inquire about the possibility of closing the EMI and paying the full amount in the next billing cycle.

However, I was informed that closing the EMI would incur a pre-closure charge. This information prompted me to reconsider my decision, and I ultimately opted not to proceed with the pre-closure.

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
In 2022, I made a purchase on Flipkart and opted to convert it into a NO Cost EMI plan to avail of an extra discount, using my SBI credit card. Shortly after the transaction, I contacted customer service to inquire about the possibility of closing the EMI and paying the full amount in the next billing cycle.

However, I was informed that closing the EMI would incur a pre-closure charge. This information prompted me to reconsider my decision, and I ultimately opted not to proceed with the pre-closure.
Which bank you tried to do ?