• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I transfer No Cost EMI from Kotak to HDFC?

Dark_King

TF Buzz
I have Kotak League Platinum Credit Card that I had gotten in Feb 2022. It is a paid card(Rs 500+ gst).
I had zero knowledge of credit cards back then and when bank offered card to me I took it as I had to buy some stuff on no cost EMI.

On this Diwali I received Diner Club Privilege as a lifetime free card from HDFC.

On same Diwali, I asked Kotak to convert my League Platinum Credit card to lifetime free card. They refused. Honestly I don't know why as I routinely keep more than 2 lakhs balance in my savings account and have 782 credit score. I had thought being almost 4 years old customer bank would be willing to do something this small for me.

So I don't want to continue Kotak League Platinum Credit card.

Unfortunately for me, I have no cost EMI running on this card that will go on for next ten months.
Is there a way for me to transfer remaining(I have paid two installments and 8 are remaining) no cost EMI to my HDFC card?
is something like this possible?
If yes, then how much would be fees for it?
Would tenure remain the same?
What would be the procedure for it?

I would appreciate any guidance on this topic.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You need to write this to Kotak. asking to close the card and provide all the information pre-closure of this no-cost emi.
Once this reaches to Kotak Retention team, I am very sure they will convert your card to LTF.

Or, if you have a Kotak RM assigned, directly reach him/her. he will help you.

Tejo

TF Legend
I have Kotak League Platinum Credit Card that I had gotten in Feb 2022. It is a paid card(Rs 500+ gst).
I had zero knowledge of credit cards back then and when bank offered card to me I took it as I had to buy some stuff on no cost EMI.

On this Diwali I received Diner Club Privilege as a lifetime free card from HDFC.

On same Diwali, I asked Kotak to convert my League Platinum Credit card to lifetime free card. They refused. Honestly I don't know why as I routinely keep more than 2 lakhs balance in my savings account and have 782 credit score. I had thought being almost 4 years old customer bank would be willing to do something this small for me.

So I don't want to continue Kotak League Platinum Credit card.

Unfortunately for me, I have no cost EMI running on this card that will go on for next ten months.
Is there a way for me to transfer remaining(I have paid two installments and 8 are remaining) no cost EMI to my HDFC card?
is something like this possible?
If yes, then how much would be fees for it?
Would tenure remain the same?
What would be the procedure for it?

I would appreciate any guidance on this topic.
Don't close it ask rm or br manager to make ltf else threaten will close ac .... all relationships.

League Platinum is ltf only via agent, rm and pre-approved offer.

People takes paid card at last blames bank.

Dark_King

TF Buzz
You need to write this to Kotak. asking to close the card and provide all the information pre-closure of this no-cost emi.
Once this reaches to Kotak Retention team, I am very sure they will convert your card to LTF.

Or, if you have a Kotak RM assigned, directly reach him/her. he will help you.
Don't close it ask rm or br manager to make ltf else threaten will close ac .... all relationships.

League Platinum is ltf only via agent, rm and pre-approved offer.

People takes paid card at last blames bank.

I had threatened to close the credit card.
That did nothing. They just told me that they can't convert my card to LTF.

I guess I will have to threaten to close the account too.