• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Type of Credit Card Scam

mshenoy

TF Select
Got a call from normal Indian number and person said he's from axis bank and enquired is everything going fine with my credit card. I said everything is fine. Then he said there's limit enhancement offer on your credit card. I told okay proceed with it. Then he said why haven't I used my points (at this point I understood that it's scam, since me and not redeeming points impossible).

I said him okay proceed with LE, we'll see about points later. Then he said I'll get call from a toll free number for proceeding with LE.

I got call after 1 mins from a toll free number and person is like we are calling from toll free number mentioned behind the card ( I didn't verify this and said okay). Next she said same there's LE. I said okay do it. Then call got disconnected.

She called me again from same number as first number I got call and said call got disconnected due to sever issue. I said okay no problem proceed with LE. Then she said we need to verify the 16 digit client id mentioned on credit card ( at this point I fed up to play with scam and disconnected and blocked the numbers)

And one thing to note is I got call from number mentioned behind axis bank credit card only. After checking call logs again understood that call I got had + infront of it and official number behind credit card don't have + infront of it.

Be careful guys don't believe even if it looks like official number also. Don't share any sensitive details.

Last edited:

stoptomove

TF Buzz
Got a call from normal Indian number and person said he's from axis bank and enquired is everything going fine with my credit card. I said everything is fine. Then he said there's limit enhancement offer on your credit card. I told okay proceed with it. Then he said why haven't I used my points (at this point I understood that it's scam, since me and not redeeming points impossible).

I said him okay proceed with LE, we'll see about points later. Then he said I'll get call from a toll free number for proceeding with LE.

I got call after 1 mins from a toll free number and person is like we are calling from toll free number mentioned behind the card ( I didn't verify this and said okay). Next she said same there's LE. I said okay do it. Then call got disconnected.

She called me again from same number as first number I got call and said call got disconnected due to sever issue. I said okay no problem proceed with LE. Then she said we need to verify the 16 digit client id mentioned on credit card ( at this point I fed up to play with scam and disconnected and blocked the numbers)

And one thing to note is I got call from number mentioned behind axis bank credit card only. After checking call logs again understood that call I got had + infront of it and official number behind credit card don't have + infront of it.

Be careful guys don't believe even if it looks like official number also. Don't share any sensitive details.
Try saving number of bank you have relationship to alert about this kind of incident

MrJJ

TF Premier
Can you please share the number you got call from?

BTW toll free numbers (starting from 1800) are for incoming only, there's no outgoing possible. Means you won't ever receive call from a toll free number.
Maybe you're confusing Customer Care with Toll Free.

If not asking much then please report it on Sanchar Saathi portal.

mshenoy

TF Select
Can you please share the number you got call from?

BTW toll free numbers (starting from 1800) are for incoming only, there's no outgoing possible. Means you won't ever receive call from a toll free number.
Maybe you're confusing Customer Care with Toll Free.

If not asking much then please report it on Sanchar Saathi portal.
+1 860-419-5555 if you have axis credit card it's same number printed behind back

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Thanks bro. Few days back I also got call saying that they are from au bank and I have not claimed any rewards points. In order to claim I have to tell them my 16digit card no. In office time some days you get so tired till 4:30pm that I just told them ok I will tell u but I was not carrying my card today . Then she told ok we will call u tomorrow. After some time I thought why would bank be in tension that I am not redeeming rewards points. And then just it kicked me from inside that oo God. It was a scam. But any ways I was saved. And your story is same as mine

SonyTom

TF Premier
Similar calls are coming to me saying they are calling from SBI credit card. These calls started the next day after I applied for SBI credit card. So SBI Card has insiders leaking our details to frauds.

And the most dangerous thing is that these calls are coming from seemingly personal numbers. One number was +918939339558. The female on the other end was speaking poor english. Mostly was adding Tamil words in between. They wanted to know my PAN number and asked me to confirm my salary and send them my salary slip to the following email id: CHENNAIDIP1@eamleasemails.com.

Since I was expecting a call, I disclosed half of my PAN number. Then they told they can't hear properly what I am saying in very bad English. So immediately I was alerted and disconnected the call.

Multiple similar calls have come to both my numbers by these illiterate fraudsters. I am sure the data leak is from SBI CARD. Didn't know whom to inform. Next time I will report to Sanchar sathi. Thanks @MrJJ .

Last edited:

mshenoy

TF Select
Similar calls are coming to me saying they are calling from SBI credit card. These calls started the next day after I applied for SBI credit card. So SBI Card has insiders leaking our details to frauds.

And the most dangerous thing is that these calls are coming from seemingly personal numbers. One number was +918939339558. The female on the other end was speaking poor english. Mostly was adding Tamil words in between. They wanted to know my PAN number and asked me to confirm my salary and send them my salary slip to the following email id: CHENNAIDIP1@eamleasemails.com.

Since I was expecting a call, I disclosed half of my PAN number. Then they told they can't hear properly what I am saying in very bad English. So immediately I was alerted and disconnected the call.

Multiple similar calls have come to both my numbers by these illiterate fraudsters. I am sure the data leak is from SBI CARD. Didn't know whom to inform. Next time I will report to Sanchar sathi. Thanks @MrJJ .
Yep exactly. It's very scary if we expecting call or they are smart enough to know our name and card name etc ( if it's popular like myzone, sbi simply click etc)

mshenoy

TF Select
Its
+1 860 is a foreign number.. they are really good scammers 😷
Many people might just believe it since it looks like number behind the card itself. And they might say if you don't believe check back of card and there you have it their 16 digit client id😂 if you say it and got OTP done. Many frauds happen this way only.

But they calling from forgien number or some tricks that looks like official number behind card is very dangerous