• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

šŸšØ Important Alert šŸšØ New Credit card scam from Scammers on name of Indusinnd bank merchant department

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear All,

I recently received a call from someone claiming to represent IndusInd's Merchant Department, who informed me about expiring reward points on my IndusInd Legend Card. They claimed I had 19,986 points that were about to expire. Initially, it caught me off guard, but a few things seemed suspicious.

The caller was unable to provide specific details about my card and insisted I visit a website to verify the points. Upon visiting the site, I was asked to enter my full card details along with the CVV. This immediately raised red flags for me, and I realized it was a scam.

The caller's number didn't seem to be a landline, but she explained it was due to modern communication systems they have a walkie number now so even if the call is from a landline it will show us the phone number of their walkie number she said which frankly convinced me. After I disconnected the call, I tested the site with random information, and to my horror, it displayed 19986 points, which were actually the amount they would have deducted if I fell for the trap. It also demanded an OTP for confirmation, which could have led to further fraudulent activities.

Please be cautious and vigilant, especially during this festive season. Scammers are using increasingly sophisticated methods to deceive people. Always cross-verify information and never share personal details or OTPs with anyone over the phone or online.

I'm sharing this with you to spread awareness and protect everyone from falling into similar traps. Attached is the image of the website and the number that contacted me for your information.

Thanks to @Dā‚¹V bro as i asked before filling my legit card details otherwise i could have deifnately falled for this trap

Attachments

• Fake Website.JPG
    Fake Website.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Scammer Number.jpeg
    Scammer Number.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited: