• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Type of Credit Card Scam

Nope. A chain is as strong as the weakest link. The weak link 🔗 can be the very first cc one applies.
If you are playing Russian roulette and you shoot once, you assume a certain risk. If you decide to shoot twice, you multiply the risk. If you shoot thrice you increase the risk further.

The more cards you apply for, the greater the risk, even allowing that the very first shot could be the fatal one.

techt

TF Legend
If you are playing Russian roulette and you shoot once, you assume a certain risk. If you decide to shoot twice, you multiply the risk. If you shoot thrice you increase the risk further.

The more cards you apply for, the greater the risk, even allowing that the very first shot could be the fatal one.

wow ... recommend me a good probability online course.

techt

TF Legend
Oh, thank you! I was not convinced of my bakchod logic myself, but it feels nice to have agreement from senior members.

Russian tends to be answer to most of life's issues. Whether it be salad, women, vodka or roulette.
Some probabilistic simulations like Monte Carlo methods are built when analyzing roulette.

John von Neumann and Stanislaw Ulam invented the Monte Carlo simulation, or the Monte Carlo method, in the 1940s. They named it after the famous gambling location in Monaco because the method shares the same random characteristic as a roulette game.