• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New to loans and EMI, few questions

Post number 2 has been selected as best answer.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
I am going to need 2-3 Lakhs in the upcoming weeks as personal loan.
  1. What is the difference between getting personal loan from banks and money apps like CRED (CRED cash)?
    • Which method is recommended and why?
  2. Since the amount I needed is covered within a credit card limit, can I transfer money from credit card to bank account and then convert the credit card outstanding into EMI and pay? Does this make me pay too much at the end compared to direct personal loan from bank?
    • If it is okay to transfer from CC to bank, which app is recommended to do it?
  3. If it is recommended to buy from banks only, please recommend me 1 or 2 banks to buy personal loan from.
Please pour your additional thoughts as I am looking to pay back as EMI only within12 to 24 months period.

Solution
What is the difference between getting personal loan from banks and money apps like CRED (CRED cash)?
paperwork required vs not required
whichever suits your needs
ie people go to apps like cred for instant disbursal
or for loan on ccs for disbursal without documents
  1. Since the amount I needed is covered within a credit card limit, can I transfer money from credit card to bank account and then convert the credit card outstanding into EMI and pay? Does this make me pay too much at the end compared to direct personal loan from bank?
yes
a personal loan might cost you 16% pa while emi conversion on card spends would go as high as 53% pa depending on card type...

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
What is the difference between getting personal loan from banks and money apps like CRED (CRED cash)?
  1. Since the amount I needed is covered within a credit card limit, can I transfer money from credit card to bank account and then convert the credit card outstanding into EMI and pay? Does this make me pay too much at the end compared to direct personal loan from bank?
yes
a personal loan might cost you 16% pa while emi conversion on card spends would go as high as 53% pa depending on card type
if you can pay by due date yes
branch x
paytm
mobikwik
payzpp
  1. If it is recommended to buy from banks only, please recommend me 1 or 2 banks to buy personal loan from.
banks will make you go through paperwork
so not recommended

Solution

D₹V

TF Prestige

yes
a personal loan might cost you 16% pa while emi conversion on card spends would go as high as 53% pa depending on card type

if you can pay by due date yes
branch x
paytm
mobikwik
payzpp

banks will make you go through paperwork
so not recommended
@ashwink should be marked as solution

shrewdoc

TF Ace
If you can take loan against a collateral (secured), that would be the best. Eg: Gold Loan, Loan against Property, etc.

Or else, you can go for Personal Loan from Banks, which will be unsecured, ie. without collateral.

Don't take loans against credit cards, the interest itself will be a huge burden.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
If you can take loan against a collateral (secured), that would be the best. Eg: Gold Loan, Loan against Property, etc.

Or else, you can go for Personal Loan from Banks, which will be unsecured, ie. without collateral.

Don't take loans against credit cards, the interest itself will be a huge burden.
How about from apps like CRED instead of personal loan from banks?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
  1. What is the difference between getting personal loan from banks and money apps like CRED (CRED cash)?
  2. Since the amount I needed is covered within a credit card limit, can I transfer money from credit card to bank account and then convert the credit card outstanding into EMI and pay? Does this make me pay too much at the end compared to direct personal loan from bank?
  3. If it is recommended to buy from banks only, please recommend me 1 or 2 banks to buy personal loan from.
Please pour your additional thoughts as I am looking to pay back as EMI only within12 to 24 months period.
Did u got the loan 👀

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Idk your total limit .
But if u Take it from cc .
If u take 1 lakh from a cc .
2.5% cc - bank ( paytm , mowobik, find ways )
Conversation to emi -150+gst -500+ gst varies
14-16 % intrest
Total 120k approx for a year .

In this case if u have high cc limit across .only credit utilisation will be affected no new loan added to cibil .

If u take loan range from 16-24% . New loan account will be added .

If u have salary coming in bank .go get loan with them talk to them . Without asking u get nothing

Update - idea dropped .

My update - remeber for future 🤣🤣