• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Advice : Close Millenia and Then Apply for DCB or wait for per-Approved offer

Post number 53 has been selected as best answer.

Akshays

TF Select
So as the Title Suggests, I need advice on best path forward to get Diners Club Black.

I currently have LTF Millenia. I sent mail to grievance redressal team seeking for an upgrade to DCB. My Millenia limit is 3.49L. It does not meet their C2C upgrade criteria but My net salary credit does meet the DCB criteria. Inspite of that the grievance redressal team rejected upgrade request. In my original mail, I did mention that my salary meets their DCB requirement, still on the reply, they didn't ask for salary slip or anything.

" We infer from your e-mail that you are interested in upgrading your Millennia card into Diners club black Card.

We take this opportunity to inform you that, the credit cards are offered, basis usage and payment pattern on the card account. We have reviewed your queries and regret to inform you that, we are unable to accommodate your request for an upgrade credit card at this point of time. We seek your kind understanding and co-operation in this regard."

1. What's the way forward for me? should I simply close Millenia, wait for 90 Days and reapply for DCB as new card basis the income? Is there a guarantee that they will issue DCB as new card?

2. I already have Tata Neu Infinity too, will this further create problems to get the core card from them since after closure of Millenia , I won't be having core card from them?

3. Wait for an offer from them? Come to think of it, I have recently opened preferred banking account with them. When and Where do the pre-approved Credit card offers show up on the Netbanking? So far I cannot see anything on netbanking.

CardSeeker

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got Millennia in October 2022. Was issued as LTF without even requesting.

Mid-September 2023:

I wanted Infinia after Magnus devaluation. So planned to get it against FD but that route was closed by HDFC in first week of September. The only way I could have Infinia in near future was with an existing card Upgrade by having 10L + limit and maintaining required usage in 6 months span before upgrade request.
I requested upgrade with income proof to Grievance redressal as I was eligible for DCB based on Salary. They outright rejected it without giving any reason but it was mostly that 4L spends in last 6 months criteria. My millenia was sparingly used.

Last week of October 2023:

Went via branch route this time. Requested LE and Upgrade along with my salary slips and account number of HDFC. They gave LE from 3.5L to 4.5L on Millenia but rejected upgrade again. Probably for the same reason. Got to know about rejection by November first week.

November 2023 :

On this thread, Got suggested to close HDFC cards and reapply for DCB via offline.

HDFC had already launched DCB metal by then.

Sought out my CSRM for the first time. Oh, and just in case i forgot to mention, My dedicated RM is utterly uselss. CSRM suggested the same approach, so I colsed my cards on 27th November. CSRM then arranged someone to get my signature on the form on 10th December.

1. 14th December - Application submitted by CSRM
2. 20th and 21st December - Two separate CIBIL hits
3. 22nd December - Card Approved in Principle, subject to internal checks message.
4. 24th September - Card Approved message.
5. 28th December - Card got delivered.
CSRM Didn't Get U ?