Need Advice : Close Millenia and Then Apply for DCB or wait for per-Approved offer

Post number 53 has been selected as best answer.

Akshays

So as the Title Suggests, I need advice on best path forward to get Diners Club Black.

I currently have LTF Millenia. I sent mail to grievance redressal team seeking for an upgrade to DCB. My Millenia limit is 3.49L. It does not meet their C2C upgrade criteria but My net salary credit does meet the DCB criteria. Inspite of that the grievance redressal team rejected upgrade request. In my original mail, I did mention that my salary meets their DCB requirement, still on the reply, they didn't ask for salary slip or anything.

" We infer from your e-mail that you are interested in upgrading your Millennia card into Diners club black Card.

We take this opportunity to inform you that, the credit cards are offered, basis usage and payment pattern on the card account. We have reviewed your queries and regret to inform you that, we are unable to accommodate your request for an upgrade credit card at this point of time. We seek your kind understanding and co-operation in this regard."

1. What's the way forward for me? should I simply close Millenia, wait for 90 Days and reapply for DCB as new card basis the income? Is there a guarantee that they will issue DCB as new card?

2. I already have Tata Neu Infinity too, will this further create problems to get the core card from them since after closure of Millenia , I won't be having core card from them?

3. Wait for an offer from them? Come to think of it, I have recently opened preferred banking account with them. When and Where do the pre-approved Credit card offers show up on the Netbanking? So far I cannot see anything on netbanking.

Upgrade to preferred or classic
Aisi koi jarurat nahi hai. Just keep good amount in you savings account for atleast 3 month. People say if you keep around 8L you get infinia pre-approved. You can get an idea, how much you should keep in the savings for getting pre-approved offers.
Baaki ye sab bus suggested ways hain, no sure shot technique.
Only way is to full fill the criteria of salary and spend. Then manually ask for upgrade via your RM or directly emailing. DCB needs 4L spend in last 6 months and 1.75L net salary credit.

Gautam3

Aisi koi jarurat nahi hai. Just keep good amount in you savings account for atleast 3 month. People say if you keep around 8L you get infinia pre-approved. You can get an idea, how much you should keep in the savings for getting pre-approved offers.
Baaki ye sab bus suggested ways hain, no sure shot technique.
Only way is to full fill the criteria of salary and spend. Then manually ask for upgrade via your RM or directly emailing. DCB needs 4L spend in last 6 months and 1.75L net salary credit.
I am a Self Employed and i do file ITR, my latest ITR is about 7.5L and i do have a standard savings account with a 3.5L amount
balance. can you please tell me which cards i can manually request with them?

vagrantadam

you mean you are also eligible for upgrade basis income but HDFC won't provide you? if that's the case may i ask what variant do you have and what upgrade you seek?
Yes.I am eligible both according to my income and also under alumni category but I have been told I am not eligible for DCB due to some internal criteria.I too have millennia card(been holding it from a couple of years).

deusest

I am a Self Employed and i do file ITR, my latest ITR is about 7.5L and i do have a standard savings account with a 3.5L amount
balance. can you please tell me which cards i can manually request with them?
First of all, if your saving account is in HDFC, submit a manual request form for upgradation to preferred account. Minimum criteria is 2 lakh AMB, no charges for not maintains this amount but preferred account can get you some premium cards.

deusest

Why would you characterize Closing Millenia as Stupid? The hassle you mention, is it just escalation with Nodal Officer after you got lower variant than you applied for? or was it a several weeks, months battle before it went to nodal level.

Can you really ask for Upgrade to DCB or Infinia, using other bank's credit cards, while you still hold a core HDFC card?

I hold Axis MAgnus and Atlas with higher limits. Do they check Credit card age if they are issuing such an upgrade?
Stupid because it’s hassle for no reason. My negotiation approach was wrong in my opinion. People have upgraded from millenia to Infinite directly. My credit limit at that time was 2L, in some cases HDFC does issue Regalia to people below 3l limit but usually 3L credit limit is required for upgrade to regalia. I should’ve rather negotiated with HDFC for limit enhancement and upgrade thereafter.

Gautam3

First of all, if your saving account is in HDFC, submit a manual request form for upgradation to preferred account. Minimum criteria is 2 lakh AMB, no charges for not maintains this amount but preferred account can get you some premium cards.
Can you tell me which preferred saving account offers me some Premium cards?

deusest

Can you tell me which preferred saving account offers me some Premium cards?
It’s not a guarantee you will get a Premium card offer but some people do. However, you will get an RM and you can apply for your preferred card via RM then and they can usually get things processed for you. Also, once you get an RM be adamant about your choice with them.

saucy

3 cheezey try kar sakta hai.

1. Call "Yadurya" - you will find her number on this forum, search for it. Tell her about your salary requirements being met.

2. Talk to your BM and ask him to get you a diners black - by hook or by crook (pressurise him that you live wroting emails to grieveance teams otherwise -- that can be your brahmastra against him/her)

3. Credit limit form print karke, fill your details for upgrade, 3 month salary slip and bank statements - send it to the Chennai office.

Ye teeno alag alag channels hain.
Koi na koi to pakke se kar lega.
So far I've seen my peers getting using this whoever satisfied either salary or 5L credit limit criteria, you may also try.

If you follow any of the methods, do update me here or on DM. Another case study

kavuri

So as the Title Suggests, I need advice on best path forward to get Diners Club Black.

I currently have LTF Millenia. I sent mail to grievance redressal team seeking for an upgrade to DCB. My Millenia limit is 3.49L. It does not meet their C2C upgrade criteria but My net salary credit does meet the DCB criteria. Inspite of that the grievance redressal team rejected upgrade request. In my original mail, I did mention that my salary meets their DCB requirement, still on the reply, they didn't ask for salary slip or anything.

" We infer from your e-mail that you are interested in upgrading your Millennia card into Diners club black Card.

We take this opportunity to inform you that, the credit cards are offered, basis usage and payment pattern on the card account. We have reviewed your queries and regret to inform you that, we are unable to accommodate your request for an upgrade credit card at this point of time. We seek your kind understanding and co-operation in this regard."

1. What's the way forward for me? should I simply close Millenia, wait for 90 Days and reapply for DCB as new card basis the income? Is there a guarantee that they will issue DCB as new card?

2. I already have Tata Neu Infinity too, will this further create problems to get the core card from them since after closure of Millenia , I won't be having core card from them?

3. Wait for an offer from them? Come to think of it, I have recently opened preferred banking account with them. When and Where do the pre-approved Credit card offers show up on the Netbanking? So far I cannot see anything on netbanking.
I suggest you apply for Diners Black/Diners Privilege or Marriot Bonvoy as a second card which will give u many benefits as DCB and having better spends in these u will be offered black.

John123

My case was:

Opened sav max account in March.
Maintained balance close to 2lac to 2.25
Spent more than 5l on debit card.

Still they are offering me useless moneyback, iocl, swiggy etc..
Lol

Akshays

Thanks a bunch to many people on the thread, in lieu of any clarity from bank side as to what their 'Internal Criteria' are, this is the best place to get some direction for future course of action.

First I'll attempt via RM, he kinda owes me a favor so hope he tries his best to get it done. If there is no luck then

I'll attempt limit enhancement by printing form and sending it to Chennai office with 3 month's salary slips. Since my income has almost tripled from the time I got millennia initially, i hope my income proof will do the trick to shoot the limit above 5L.

Then I will ask for upgrade to DCB.

Hopefully this will do the trick. If not then, well, I might have to resort to spamming nodal email IDs... and hope it sticks...

If not then screw HDFC, I'll focus on Amex Trifecta and Atlas(while axis is still not screwing it up)

deusest

Thanks a bunch to many people on the thread, in lieu of any clarity from bank side as to what their 'Internal Criteria' are, this is the best place to get some direction for future course of action.

First I'll attempt via RM, he kinda owes me a favor so hope he tries his best to get it done. If there is no luck then

I'll attempt limit enhancement by printing form and sending it to Chennai office with 3 month's salary slips. Since my income has almost tripled from the time I got millennia initially, i hope my income proof will do the trick to shoot the limit above 5L.

Then I will ask for upgrade to DCB.

Hopefully this will do the trick. If not then, well, I might have to resort to spamming nodal email IDs... and hope it sticks...

If not then screw HDFC, I'll focus on Amex Trifecta and Atlas(while axis is still not screwing it up)
You don’t have to send the documents, you can mail to priority grievance redressal for the same. They accept over email as well.

Akshays

Brother, I wanted Millennia card but got business moneyback card 😒 and my goal is to use on Amazon as it has 5% cashback right? but as I see you mention that after 20k spend at Amazon in a month. This Millenia is no use? Because recently I received business moneyback card with 74k limit as this my first card with hdfc. I do have Amazon pay card and Flipkart card. Brother plrase give me your advice cause I am thinking to close this business moneyback card. What should I do?
As you can see from posts in this thread, multiple people are advising against closing HDFC card. I say keep using money-back card whenever you can. Meanwhile when you have an ITR eligibility, request for Regalia Gold or Regalia , you already have Amazon pay CC.

For Millenia, 5% cashback on Amazon/Flipkart/other 5% partners is capped at 1k per month, this is combined capping. No such capping for Amazon Pay card.

I didn't have Amazon pay ICICI card so Millenia was somewhat useful for me.

Also one more reason to advise going for Regalia/ Regalia Gold is, it seems to be an easier jump from Regalia to higher tier like DCB / Infinia when you have eligibility. Most of the threads i saw here got an upgrade to DCB/Infinia from Regalia only. Regalia Gold is slightly better version of Regalia for same fees/reward rate structure.

So if you plan to eventually apply for DCB/Infinia, then get limit enhancement on money back card when you can and then get an upgrade to Regalia/Regalia Gold.

Gautam3

As you can see from posts in this thread, multiple people are advising against closing HDFC card. I say keep using money-back card whenever you can. Meanwhile when you have an ITR eligibility, request for Regalia Gold or Regalia , you already have Amazon pay CC.

For Millenia, 5% cashback on Amazon/Flipkart/other 5% partners is capped at 1k per month, this is combined capping. No such capping for Amazon Pay card.

I didn't have Amazon pay ICICI card so Millenia was somewhat useful for me.

Also one more reason to advise going for Regalia/ Regalia Gold is, it seems to be an easier jump from Regalia to higher tier like DCB / Infinia when you have eligibility. Most of the threads i saw here got an upgrade to DCB/Infinia from Regalia only. Regalia Gold is slightly better version of Regalia for same fees/reward rate structure.

So if you plan to eventually apply for DCB/Infinia, then get limit enhancement on money back card when you can and then get an upgrade to Regalia/Regalia Gold.
Brother thankyou for your helpful advice,
I do file ITR but I don't know the ITR eligibility for Regalia Gold. I read on many threads to send mail at grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com so I did but didn't got any response yet.

But I think your advice to keep using moneyback card and ask limit enhancement will be better choice.

Brother can I ask for limit enhancement now? With my ITR 7.5L is it possible?

deusest

Brother thankyou for your helpful advice,
I do file ITR but I don't know the ITR eligibility for Regalia Gold. I read on many threads to send mail at grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com so I did but didn't got any response yet.

But I think your advice to keep using moneyback card and ask limit enhancement will be better choice.

Brother can I ask for limit enhancement now? With my ITR 7.5L is it possible?
Yes you can, you are eligible for Millenia. Email your ITR, bank statement, pay slips (if salaried) to the priority grievance redressal. write a proper email clearly detailing your requirement.

Gautam3

Yes you can, you are eligible for Millenia. Email your ITR, bank statement, pay slips (if salaried) to the priority grievance redressal. write a proper email clearly detailing your requirement.
Yes, i just did and waiting for their mail but till then can i activate my recently received business moneyback card?

Gautam3

Getting an upgrade on business cards is very tough with HDFC. So exercise caution while taking your decision.
Okay, i got the mail response from them:

This is in continuation to our earlier email dated September 22, 2023 regarding your HDFC Bank credit card account.

It is unfortunate to note that your recent interactions with the Bank have not been to your satisfaction and we regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard. We assure you that it is our constant endeavour to provide outstanding service to you and ensure that your banking experience with us is always pleasurable.

We noted from your communication that you wish to upgrade your existing Business money back credit card to Millennia credit card.

Basis your request, we have taken appropriate review and noted that your credit card has been approved in the month of September 2023 Hence, further limit enhancement and upgrade will be reviewed after 6 months of card issuance month. We take this opportunity to clarify you that card upgrade is done on credit card basis certain internal parameters, which are confidential in nature. These parameters are fairly wide ranging and are not entirely based on the credit worthiness of the customers. We also wish to inform you that Bank does periodic review on the basis of usage and payment patterns of the card account. We seek your kind understanding and cooperation in this regard.

I dont know what to do now?

Okay, i got the mail response from them:

This is in continuation to our earlier email dated September 22, 2023 regarding your HDFC Bank credit card account.

It is unfortunate to note that your recent interactions with the Bank have not been to your satisfaction and we regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard. We assure you that it is our constant endeavour to provide outstanding service to you and ensure that your banking experience with us is always pleasurable.

We noted from your communication that you wish to upgrade your existing Business money back credit card to Millennia credit card.

Basis your request, we have taken appropriate review and noted that your credit card has been approved in the month of September 2023 Hence, further limit enhancement and upgrade will be reviewed after 6 months of card issuance month. We take this opportunity to clarify you that card upgrade is done on credit card basis certain internal parameters, which are confidential in nature. These parameters are fairly wide ranging and are not entirely based on the credit worthiness of the customers. We also wish to inform you that Bank does periodic review on the basis of usage and payment patterns of the card account. We seek your kind understanding and cooperation in this regard.

I dont know what to do now?
What's your current limit on business cc?