• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need a product recommendation - flexible + automated Fixed/Recurring Deposit?

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
TL;DR: I want a financial product that works like Fi's "Jars" (aka Smart Deposits) and "FIT Rules", but from a "full" (with physical branches and all) bank with more accountability (Fi has countless reports of unexplained and irreversible debit freezing of accounts).

Long story:

I've been looking at various financial products (see below) to fulfill a workflow that I'd like to have.

Basically I want to automate all investments and keep only the amount I've budgeted for a month in my savings account. All my major investments (long term) are automated through SIPs. What's left to optimize is:

1) Expenses for annual (/every 3/6 months) subscriptions like apps, gym memberships, telecom/internet expenses etc.
2) Saving for travel, major electronics (laptops, phones or other gadgets)

Currently this is what I'm doing: for (1), I have an idea of my quarterly subscription expenses. I divide that by 3 and that amount goes into a liquid fund. For (2), same thing but a different liquid fund so I know which fund is for what purpose.

My issue: these will be redeemed in less than 3 years and I'll bear a 30% tax, bringing my effective returns to ~3.5 assuming a 5% return on the liquid funds. That's almost like a savings account :/

I don't want to keep them in my savings account because it'll give me an illusion that I have more money to spend than I actually do. I'd ideally like a FD. I've seen some that give as high as ~ 7.5% pre tax.

The problem with FDs: (1) they're not automated. Every month I have to manually move money into that FD, (2) I also don't have a clear segregation that this X amount of the FD is for travel/electronics and Y is for subscription expenses

What I've checked out: 1) Flexi deposit schemes of various banks, 2) FDs with a sweepin/sweep out facility, 3) "Jars" or "Pots" from neobanks like Fi money.

Except for 3), none of what I've seen fits my needs. I really like Fi's jars - they can be automated and give much higher returns than savings a/c and even some liquid funds, but I'm not comfortable putting large amounts of money in a neobanks because there's countless reports of inadvertent freezing of accounts by Fi. I want an account with a bank that has a physical branch.

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
TL;DR: I want a financial product that works like Fi's "Jars" (aka Smart Deposits) and "FIT Rules", but from a "full" (with physical branches and all) bank with more accountability (Fi has countless reports of unexplained and irreversible debit freezing of accounts).

Long story:

I've been looking at various financial products (see below) to fulfill a workflow that I'd like to have.

Basically I want to automate all investments and keep only the amount I've budgeted for a month in my savings account. All my major investments (long term) are automated through SIPs. What's left to optimize is:

1) Expenses for annual (/every 3/6 months) subscriptions like apps, gym memberships, telecom/internet expenses etc.
2) Saving for travel, major electronics (laptops, phones or other gadgets)

Currently this is what I'm doing: for (1), I have an idea of my quarterly subscription expenses. I divide that by 3 and that amount goes into a liquid fund. For (2), same thing but a different liquid fund so I know which fund is for what purpose.

My issue: these will be redeemed in less than 3 years and I'll bear a 30% tax, bringing my effective returns to ~3.5 assuming a 5% return on the liquid funds. That's almost like a savings account :/

I don't want to keep them in my savings account because it'll give me an illusion that I have more money to spend than I actually do. I'd ideally like a FD. I've seen some that give as high as ~ 7.5% pre tax.

The problem with FDs: (1) they're not automated. Every month I have to manually move money into that FD, (2) I also don't have a clear segregation that this X amount of the FD is for travel/electronics and Y is for subscription expenses

What I've checked out: 1) Flexi deposit schemes of various banks, 2) FDs with a sweepin/sweep out facility, 3) "Jars" or "Pots" from neobanks like Fi money.

Except for 3), none of what I've seen fits my needs. I really like Fi's jars - they can be automated and give much higher returns than savings a/c and even some liquid funds, but I'm not comfortable putting large amounts of money in a neobanks because there's countless reports of inadvertent freezing of accounts by Fi. I want an account with a bank that has a physical branch.
Did you miss RD in your consideration?

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I aslo think that p2p is the best option for you as you want to withdraw it anytime.
@xywowowvw said mobikwik extra is the good option. 12% daily intrest+ 12hrs money withdraw.

For automation (like fit rules) i will recommend decimal app. Has upi autopay. Round of to the nearest 0 & daily investment. Although the interest is 10%.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
read the whole thread
only one person faced capital loss that too in another nbfc lendenclub and that was prior to covid
so fair to assume default might have happened in covid
all i could see that there were positive reviews about mobikwik
touchwood it stays the same
i did read the whole thread & other threads regarding the same. as i mentioned this may not be the thread i read originally about, as i joined this forum very recently and read through too many threads to understand stuff about the finance world. if you think i bad mouthed that 12% club company, i apologize. i don't want any legal issues. thank you.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
i did read the whole thread & other threads regarding the same. as i mentioned this may not be the thread i read originally about, as i joined this forum very recently and read through too many threads to understand stuff about the finance world. if you think i bad mouthed that 12% club company, i apologize. i don't want any legal issues. thank you.
lol, no need to worry regarding bad mouthing or stuff
i would love to see if you have links or poeples negative reviews about mobikwik
as i am personally invested getting a ground reality check becomes very important

suhasa010

TF Premier
Try Kotak's ActivMoney.
Sweeps in any amount greater than 25k in your account to FDs. Can withdraw any time without penalty and without loss of interest. 7% p.a.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
mobikwik xtra-12% pa
12% club currently not accepting deposits
cred mint-9%
can anyone explain how the interest credit in mobikwik xtra works?

does it credit daily to bank account? can i avoid this and get the principal + interest on maturity.

Is it the same in both flexi (no lock-in) & plus (with lock-in) options?