• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My Credit Card is Closed On Card Level But My Credit card is not closed on Account Level

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
hi,

Last year (March 2023) I had closed ICICI secured credit card (at Account Level) against Fixed Deposit which was the only ICICI card I used till now.

Though they didn't provide any NOC but the card shows closed in CIBIL.

My usage of this saving account has only gone Up (considerably compared to the time I had that FD based card). Still, there has not been any offer of pre approved card from ICICI.

I am wondering..

Is it the case that ICICI doesn't provide credit cards after closure of cards by a customer ?

If yes, is it a permanent thing or some cooling period is there after which they may offer?
ICICI never gives pre approved card easily
Apply for Amazonpay cc and you will get approval
Then get ICICI core cc through Twitter route

NTT

TF Buzz
Thanks for replying.

What is this Twitter route ?

As in we can't complaint or demand as a right for any bank to issue us their card. Isn't it ?

I am asking as I noticed people suggesting Twitter route to some of us here.

NTT

TF Buzz
By the way.. that specific thing remained unanswered:

After account level closure of ICICI cards.. there is no Official Barring by Bank for issuing cards to customers.

Am I getting it right ? People have Got fresh ICICI cards after they cleared/closed their existing cards at account level ?

What are the experience of members here?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
After account level closure of ICICI cards.. there is no Official Barring by Bank for issuing cards to customers.

Am I getting it right ? People have Got fresh ICICI cards after they cleared/closed their existing cards at account level ?
If you have a single ICICI core cc
ICICI closes it at account level

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Thanks for replying.

What is this Twitter route ?

As in we can't complaint or demand as a right for any bank to issue us their card. Isn't it ?

I am asking as I noticed people suggesting Twitter route to some of us here.
If you have Amazonpay cc
then you can ask ICICI bank to issue cc in against of Amazon cc

Reactions: NTT

NTT

TF Buzz
By the way.. that specific thing remained unanswered:

What are the experience of members here?
So if there is only one ICICI card it gets closed at account level. That's understood. Thanks.

Please Try to answer Specifically and clearly to the second last paragraph in the message of mine I am quoting here.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
So if there is only one ICICI card it gets closed at account level. That's understood. Thanks.

Please Try to answer Specifically and clearly to the second last paragraph in the message of mine I am quoting here.
Are you thinking that if you close ICICI Bank cc you will not get another ICICI Bank cc?

NTT

TF Buzz
Are you thinking that if you close ICICI Bank cc you will not get another ICICI Bank cc?
That's what my concern is.

Some members shared that BOB doesn't approve credit card after users close their old BOB cards.

So , wanted to know if that is the practice at ICICI cards too.