• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Multiple calls post SBI CC application, normal?

frezcoop

TF Select
Hi folks,

I recently applied for one of the starter SBI CC online and post that over the weekend I have gotten 2-3 different calls confirming all my details - work, current location, pan no., etc. Is this normal? On truecaller it does show SBI Card. One with the ✅ while not the rest 2 numbers. I am not sure if I can share those numbers here.

They explained the process so I am less suspicious but how does one know if it’s a genuine call 🤔?

frezcoop

TF Select
You never know. Just don't share otp card details bank account numbers etc.
Sbi does call minimum 2 times when they verify.
Always ask which card variety are they processing or might get suprise in delivery.
So hopefully they were genuine calls. Didn’t share any otp, card or bank details. Just KYC related. I don’t understand why they have to ask these details again if I already told once on one of the call and it’s also present in application.

sudheerreddy

TF Premier
Hi folks,

I recently applied for one of the starter SBI CC online and post that over the weekend I have gotten 2-3 different calls confirming all my details - work, current location, pan no., etc. Is this normal? On truecaller it does show SBI Card. One with the ✅ while not the rest 2 numbers. I am not sure if I can share those numbers here.

They explained the process so I am less suspicious but how does one know if it’s a genuine call 🤔?
Yes SBI Call Multiple times for details confirmation post application.

My Experience:
Call 1: About details confirmation and card benefits explanation
Call 2: About KYC (offline)
Call 3: Again details confirmation, in this call I had informed about I will receive one final call soon.
Call4: Final call

After 2 days I had received a card approval message.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got a call from RBL Bank and she said that she got a reference from SBI. Since I applied for SBI card there thought I am interested in more cards.

I have been getting a lot of calls since sbi card application. I thought it was just a coincidence until that call from RBL and seeing this post confirmed it.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

Offline apply
1- regional office call/ verification.
2 - 1st verification( gurugram)
3- 2nd call verification( gurugram)
4- 3rd call verification.( Gurugram)
Once approved .
Got many spam for card protection plan.

This is for application where no doc was asked . Directly got approved.

Hi folks,

Yes this is normal,but send any documents bia WhatsApp only share in official mail

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Offline apply
1- regional office call/ verification.
2 - 1st verification( gurugram)
3- 2nd call verification( gurugram)
4- 3rd call verification.( Gurugram)
Once approved .
Got many spam for card protection plan.

This is for application where no doc was asked . Directly got approved.
Shyd SBI ko kuch khaas acha lagta hun main, never faced any issues with their savings account and even card applications.

Simplyclick applied in branch in 2019. I was reluctant to apply and only went there to get the caller lady to stop calling me, I went there and said I am jobless, can't provide any income statements, so no card I guess. She however said that she can apply without docs, I consented. Applied in branch with just PAN. Didn't get any calls or sms after the final OTP confirming the application. Suddenly after 2 months got the msg that card is approved and on way to be delivered.

Applied for BPCL Rupay in April 2023, lady on the call said that ekyc is through digilocker only, I said fine, I drop the application, not interested. They sent someone to do physical verification. Got a confirmation call after the physical verification confirming that KYC is complete and what card I applied to etc etc. Got the confirmation in 2 days.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Shyd SBI ko kuch khaas acha lagta hun main, never faced any issues with their savings account and even card applications.

Simplyclick applied in branch in 2019. I was reluctant to apply and only went there to get the caller lady to stop calling me, I went there and said I am jobless, can't provide any income statements, so no card I guess. She however said that she can apply without docs, I consented. Applied in branch with just PAN. Didn't get any calls or sms after the final OTP confirming the application. Suddenly after 2 months got the msg that card is approved and on way to be delivered.

Applied for BPCL Rupay in April 2023, lady on the call said that ekyc is through digilocker only, I said fine, I drop the application, not interested. They sent someone to do physical verification. Got a confirmation call after the physical verification confirming that KYC is complete and what card I applied to etc etc. Got the confirmation in 2 days.
My process was flawless too .
But the problem was since my phone dailer was marking it as Spam . Call missed 2 times 😆.
Then it was just 2-3 calls 🤙. But yo had to stick my phone to my body so I don't miss it .
No doc required for me ..agent said just don't miss call .you are 100% gonna get