• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia to Infinia

rajantech

TF Select
Tried for upgradation of Millennia to DCB Metal. Not successful.

Also got to know through phone banking that offer for upgradation to Regalia Gold is going to be updated in the system in few days. But I wont be taking it.

After experiencing the grievances/priority/PNO process, I feel that nothing is in their hands, and they would also not take the pain for getting things done internally. Even Bhanu Bhabhi would only see eligibility as per system and respond with templates.

Other negatives for me:
  • There is no corporate tie-up of my company with HDFC for salary account, so dont have RM or premium banking.
  • Should have read this community before taking Millennia card (in October) or before getting salary transferred to HDFC (in December). Would have had better bargain power.
  • Even, last year was not aware of Alumni offer. I had clear eligibility. Missed it.

For now would have to live with my current cards - Emeralde Metal and Millennia, and have some patience.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Tried for upgradation of Millennia to DCB Metal. Not successful.

Also got to know through phone banking that offer for upgradation to Regalia Gold is going to be updated in the system in few days. But I wont be taking it.

After experiencing the grievances/priority/PNO process, I feel that nothing is in their hands, and they would also not take the pain for getting things done internally. Even Bhanu Bhabhi would only see eligibility as per system and respond with templates.

Other negatives for me:
  • There is no corporate tie-up of my company with HDFC for salary account, so dont have RM or premium banking.
  • Should have read this community before taking Millennia card (in October) or before getting salary transferred to HDFC (in December). Would have had better bargain power.
  • Even, last year was not aware of Alumni offer. I had clear eligibility. Missed it.

For now would have to live with my current cards - Emeralde Metal and Millennia, and have some patience.
Did you meet the below criteria?? Have you met the spent criteria of 4L in the past 6 months??

1716378316986.jpeg

rajantech

TF Select
Did you meet the below criteria?? Have you met the spent criteria of 4L in the past 6 months??

1716378316986.jpeg
Yes. Had squeezed the credit card limit to the throat in last couple of months. Infact spends are 5 lacs + on Millennia as on today.
Did ask if there is any other pending criteria. But as usual, they dont inform.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes. Had squeezed the credit card limit to the throat in last couple of months. Infact spends are 5 lacs + on Millennia as on today.
Did ask if there is any other pending criteria. But as usual, they dont inform.
Are the spends within last 6 months or last 1 year??

Because HDFC considers 6months spends strictly.

rajantech

TF Select
Are the spends within last 6 months or last 1 year??

Because HDFC considers 6months spends strictly.
5 lacs + within last 7 months.

Had got Millennia Diners in October 23. Had spent 1.3 lacs on buying a new HDFC Ergo health insurance policy (paid for 3 years) through this card.

Then got the card converted to Millennia Visa in November. Spends on only Visa card would be 4 lacs + in last 6 months. Out of this bill of 1 lac would be generated on 25th May).

Am I getting too early. Are the spends considered after bill generation and payment clearance.
Also is the previous Millennia Diners not counted in the spends. It was only a network change.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Had got Millennia Diners in October 23. Had spent 1.3 lacs on buying a new HDFC Ergo health insurance policy (paid for 3 years) through this card.

Then got the card converted to Millennia Visa in November. Spends on only Visa card would be 4 lacs + in last 6 months. Out of this bill of 1 lac would be generated on 25th May).

Am I getting too early. Are the spends considered after bill generation and payment clearance.
Also is the previous Millennia Diners not counted in the spends. It was only a network change.
Not sure how they consider for network change. AFIAK they consider spends on single card only and the card has to be six months old.

In your case on network change card number would have changed, so that might be causing an issue. You have to wait for six months from the exact date of Visa network issued and spends of more than 4L and 5L CL.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Just gone through this thread and found out statement generation doesn't count towards the spends, so network change and just check down how many days its been.

rajantech

TF Select

Just gone through this thread and found out statement generation doesn't count towards the spends, so network change and just check down how many days its been.
Right. Got it. Just checked the card has expiry of 12/30. So it was issued in Dec. Most probably dec beginning.

To be safer side, will wait till june end and keep the spends enough to exceed the criteria.
Now I understand why customer care keeps asking to continue usage on card so that they can serve further. :)

CL has already been raised to 5.5 lacs, courtesy Bhanu Didi (in this case she was generous).

Good to be back in the hunt.
Thanks for the guidance.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Let tell you a guys a story ,a friend of mine has DCB Plastic LTF with 5L ,not getting LE or Upgrade to Infinia even after trying everything,
then i told him about asking ulip to the bank employee ,and suddenly the their tone changed ,the manager directly called my friend, told him salary doesn’t matter ,spends doesn’t matter ,credit limit doesn’t matter, he'll get a deviation for everything and will get him Infinia in his hands within 2 months
He didn't go for it though, it requires 1L investment per year for 5 years Minimum, returns start after 15 yrs

rajantech

TF Select
Let tell you a guys a story ,a friend of mine has DCB Plastic LTF with 5L ,not getting LE or Upgrade to Infinia even after trying everything,
then i told him about asking ulip to the bank employee ,and suddenly the their tone changed ,the manager directly called my friend, told him salary doesn’t matter ,spends doesn’t matter ,credit limit doesn’t matter, he'll get a deviation for everything and will get him Infinia in his hands within 2 months
He didn't go for it though, it requires 1L investment per year for 5 years Minimum, returns start after 15 yrs

Good he didnt. One’s desperation should not be too high to go for such deals.

Totally understand now that deviations are possible in return of business. And admit that i have already done several mistakes of giving business to HDFC (Ergo policies, salary credit) without asking anything in lieu of that.

My story had been that I never bothered about return on card. Had ICICI Amazon card since it was launched. Opened the envelope after 5 years, on its expiry to destroy it, (when a replacement card arrived). Spent around 10-15 lacs per year only for online use.

Things changed when i needed a new iphone last year and my brother (who holds Infinia metal) offered a great deal on it. That was the first time I took 2nd credit card - HDFC Millennia and also upgraded to Emeralde Metal.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes. Straight from Amazon Pay to Emeralde Private Metal.
Had high spends on Amazon card for several years and long relationship with ICICI.
How much was your CL on Amaz Pay Card ?
Do you have any other relationship with ICICI (Savings ,Salary ,Demat ,Wealth etc) ?

I've got a bunch of base level cards from them (MMT ,Coral & Amazon Pay) with 6.1L Shared limit ,recently started getting upgrade offer to Emerald PVC Paid
but couldn't get to Emerald Private Metal

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I currently have DCB Plastic and today I got a limit increase from 5.9 lac to 7.09 lac and I did it.
Looking at a good long relationship with HDFC and being a salary preferred customer is there any chance of Infinia?
Also as I can see we need 8 lac for infinia so in how much time I can expect another limit increase? Also I cannot spend 7.5 lac in 6 months for just Infinia but I have already spent around 2.6 lac in three months and will complete more than 3-3.5 lac in next 3 months. Is there any room for negotiation with RM?

Last edited:

rajantech

TF Select
How much was your CL on Amaz Pay Card ?
Do you have any other relationship with ICICI (Savings ,Salary ,Demat ,Wealth etc) ?

I've got a bunch of base level cards from them (MMT ,Coral & Amazon Pay) with 6.1L Shared limit ,recently started getting upgrade offer to Emerald PVC Paid
but couldn't get to Emerald Private Metal
At the time of upgradation to Emeralde Metal -
CL on Amazon pay was 15 lacs. Its still same.
Had salary in wealth account, life term insurance, finished car loans, personal loans, PPF, NPS, dormant demat account, some FD of 5-6 lacs at that point of time. Relationship of over 10 years.

Last edited:

rajantech

TF Select
But the bigger question is why do you want Emeralde Metal. Its good only as a showpiece. Nothing more.

It has poor reward system. A person who has used smartbuy would not find it useful. Even a Regalia Gold holder would get better rewards compared to Emeralde Metal.

Just to share an example, I converted some rewards into makemytrip gv. When I was trying to apply voucher on a hotel booking, it removed the discount code, thereby making it a very expensive deal. The benefit of reward points got nullified.

ICICI needs to double the reward points for Emeralde Metal to compete in market.

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I currently have DCB Plastic and today I got a limit increase from 5.9 lac to 7.09 lac and I did it.
Looking at a good long relationship with HDFC and being a salary preferred customer is there any chance of Infinia?
Also as I can see we need 8 lac for infinia so in how much time I can expect another limit increase? Also I cannot spend 7.5 lac in 6 months for just Infinia but I have already spent around 2.6 lac in three months and will complete more than 3-3.5 lac in next 3 months. Is there any room for negotiation with RM?
No harm in trying to check with RM but they would push for cross selling other HDFC banking products. My DCB plastic got upgraded to Infinia and spends 7.5L of spends and 8L+ limit on DCB seemed to be a strict criteria if your TRV with HDFC is limited and if you don’t fulfil the salary criteria for Infinia.

For manual CL increase would suggest if you have good in hand salary then do push through RM / branch.

Last edited:

nrj1007

TF Premier