• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia to Infinia

rajantech

TF Select
Hi Guys,
Need some expert advice.
I am new to Technofino club and recently have been reading a lot of conversations here, specially about the high desire for Infinia. Have got excited for it too.

I have been a user of mostly ICICI Credit card. Mainly used Amazon Pay for last 5 years and I liked the cash-back system. In Nov got ICICI Emeralde Private, primarly based on my spends pattern (above Rs 15 lacs per annum).

To make better returns on the credit card, opened SavingsMax HDFC and started taking the 1% cashback also (other card payments through HDFC billpay).
Further to this, I also took HDFC Millennia credit card and easily meeting the Rs 1000 additional cashback criteria on spend of Rs 1 lac per quarter.
All in all I can expect around Rs 50k worth of benefit coming back on a spend of Rs 15 lacs per annum. (believe cost of Cash-back to bank is quite high, thats why the conversion ratio of Infinia from reward points to cash is only 1:0.3).

I am not saying that I am unhappy with this situation. But reading the threads here, I also got excited to get into the Infinia game of Smartbuy and make money more use out of my spends.

I wrote to Infinia customer care to issue me a card and also took to grievances, but they did not support. (Had provided all types of reasons and documents ranging from annual salary package, cibil score, HDFC Ergo policies, limit and spends on Emeralde etc.)

I approached HDFC branch and the credit card team over there told me that as you are new customer to HDFC do following:
Salary transfer every month in HDFC account should be above Rs 2.75 lacs pm for continuous 6 months. (which is not an issue).
Spend on the HDFC credit card (currently Millenia with a credit limit of 2.17 lacs) should be over Rs 7.5 lacs for 6 months.
If I meet these 2 criteria then they would upgrade me to Infinia.

Now my queries are:
1. Is it worth to spend over 7.5 lacs on Millennia in 6 months. I would be loosing money just with the hope of getting Infinia.
2. Should I keep requesting for credit limit increase. If that helps in getting the Infinia offer.
3. Is it possible to keep Millennia and still get an offer for Infinia as a 2nd card.
4. Any other way suggested.

Thanks in advance for the knowledge sharing and guidance.

Edit on16.06.2024:
On HDFC cards - CL increased to 5.5 lacs on 15th May. And Millennia card upgraded to DCB Metal on 15th June.

Last edited:

Shoxie

TF Premier
Hi Guys,
Need some expert advice.
I am new to Technofino club and recently have been reading a lot of conversations here, specially about the high desire for Infinia. Have got excited for it too.

I have been a user of mostly ICICI Credit card. Mainly used Amazon Pay for last 5 years and I liked the cash-back system. In Nov got ICICI Emeralde Private, primarly based on my spends pattern (above Rs 15 lacs per annum).

To make better returns on the credit card, opened SavingsMax HDFC and started taking the 1% cashback also (other card payments through HDFC billpay).
Further to this, I also took HDFC Millennia credit card and easily meeting the Rs 1000 additional cashback criteria on spend of Rs 1 lac per quarter.
All in all I can expect around Rs 50k worth of benefit coming back on a spend of Rs 15 lacs per annum. (believe cost of Cash-back to bank is quite high, thats why the conversion ratio of Infinia from reward points to cash is only 1:0.3).

I am not saying that I am unhappy with this situation. But reading the threads here, I also got excited to get into the Infinia game of Smartbuy and make money more use out of my spends.

I wrote to Infinia customer care to issue me a card and also took to grievances, but they did not support. (Had provided all types of reasons and documents ranging from annual salary package, cibil score, HDFC Ergo policies, limit and spends on Emeralde etc.)

I approached HDFC branch and the credit card team over there told me that as you are new customer to HDFC do following:
Salary transfer every month in HDFC account should be above Rs 2.75 lacs pm for continuous 6 months. (which is not an issue).
Spend on the HDFC credit card (currently Millenia with a credit limit of 2.17 lacs) should be over Rs 7.5 lacs for 6 months.

Now my queries are:
1. Is it worth to spend over 7.5 lacs on Millennia in 6 months. I would be loosing money just with the hope of getting Infinia.
2. Should I keep requesting for credit limit increase. If that helps in getting the Infinia offer.
3. Is it possible to keep Millennia and still get an offer for Infinia as a 2nd card.

1. Well, while it is not advisable to spend On a card losing out on cashback, in hopes of a better a card, it depends on your own call and how much Infinia will save you with your spending habits. Did you try to get DCB? Move your salary account to Hdfc and try and get DCB first. Spend requirements in the last six months is 4L for DCB. Dcb is also pretty rewarding, just below Infinia. So if you get DCB, you'll be able to move most of the spends to DCB and earn CB.

2. Yes, having more credit limit always helps your case. 3 criteria is considered. Apart from Salary and spend, CL also plays a role. However, exception can be made if you meet any 2 requirements.

3. Hdfc doesn't allow two core credit cards. So you can only upgrade your existing millennia to infinia.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,
Need some expert advice.

Now my queries are:

No. Wait it out.. dont spend for the card..keep using your normal card and wait it out..

techt

TF Legend
Hi Guys,
Need some expert advice.

Now my queries are:

During this process,, did they make any CIBIL hit.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This is the usual process, But If your branch and RM can work a little, then can get you this without those spends or CL.

sidp

TF Ace
Now my queries are:

Thanks in advance for the knowledge sharing and guguidance.
For hdfc priority is as such
Spend on existing hdfc card>cl of hdfc card> salary

My advice would be 1st ask for le as cl is very low wrt your salary. They will give 2-3x net monthly income.

Next try for dcb if they don't agree then try for regalia gold. You need 3L cl and 3L spend in last 6m for regalia gold. And 5L cl and 4l spend in 6m for dcb.

If you spend the same 7.5 L on dcb you would lose very little wrt Infinia. So if they take even 1-2 year for upgrade, it won't hurt you.
Whereas if you spend the same in Millennia you would lose a lot of rewards because of low capping. And know that they are not making any commitment that they will give infinnia if you spend 7.5 L. They can still decline.

Don't change your salary account just yet. Take up dcb/regalia gold. Once you reach 7.5L spend in that card then mail them that if they give Infinia you might shift salary account to hdfc.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,
Need some expert advice.

Now my queries are:

Congratulations on Emeralde Private. There are very less users of this card on community and on market.

Does your Emeralde Private invitation came just by spends or based on your Credit Limit, Income or any HNI banking. Can you share some details on this.

Riya

TF Ace
Hi Guys,
Need some expert advice.

Now my queries are:

Don't emphasize on spends on Millenia in a hope for infinia invite because it's HDFC.. anything is possible...
Since you have a salary account with around 2.75 L per month in your account then push your RM to get you INFINIA that too LTF....

rajantech

TF Select
1. Well, while it is not advisable to spend On a card losing out on cashback, in hopes of a better a card, it depends on your own call and how much Infinia will save you with your spending habits. Did you try to get DCB? Move your salary account to Hdfc and try and get DCB first. Spend requirements in the last six months is 4L for DCB. Dcb is also pretty rewarding, just below Infinia. So if you get DCB, you'll be able to move most of the spends to DCB and earn CB.

2. Yes, having more credit limit always helps your case. 3 criteria is considered. Apart from Salary and spend, CL also plays a role. However, exception can be made if you meet any 2 requirements.

3. Hdfc doesn't allow two core credit cards. So you can only upgrade your existing millennia to infinia.
Thanks for the advice.
Initially I got the Diners Club Millenia card. But there were issues with its acceptability both online and offline (Though few cases). Got the card replaced to Visa Millenia. I dont have a positive mindest for DCB. But still it seems a good option to try.

Also incase DCB is not offered right away and Regalia Gold is easily available, should I shift to it and then look for another upgrade in few months. For cashback options I can take SBI Cashback card. Actually I would prefer to keep 2 cards - 1 cashback and another premium card for all other spends.

rajantech

TF Select
During this process,, did they make any CIBIL hit.
There was a CIBIL hit always. But there was NO adverse effect on CIBIL score.
Just to share my CIBIL experience: Recently I also took up CIBIL subscription for a year (just to experience it). I had tried several times to get a second HDFC card and seen CIBIL hit happening. Infact I even looked at what SBI, AXIS, IDFC are offering. Had CIBIL hit for those also. Infact there are over 20 CIBIL hits in last 6 months since the time I thought of checking offerings of various banks. But my CIBIL score is intact. It never went down.

Also CIBIL is not a perfect platform. It shows lot of accounts and cards which had been inactive several years ago. A lot of times banks dont report properly. I think CIBIL gets a bad hit on loan default, card over due payments, utilizing over 30% of credit limit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-31 101128.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-31 101128.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 23

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's difficult to get 2 core cards from HDFC but not impossible, you can check out other threads

Regalia gold is decent card on visa platform so acceptability is not an issue as DCB ,but for Smartbuy DCB is more rewarding

How did you get Emerald Private Metal, did you get am invite or did you apply for it ,online or offline, what's your relationship with ICICI Bank like ?

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm in the same boat as well, i got a Millennia card trying to Upgrade it to Regalia Gold/DCB ,spends is not am issue but limit is too low

I also have Privilage banking with ICICI and multiple cards ,currently being offered Emerald PVC Paid ,trying to get my hands on Emerald Private Metal, any advice will be greatly appreciated

rajantech

TF Select
For hdfc priority is as such
Spend on existing hdfc card>cl of hdfc card> salary

My advice would be 1st ask for le as cl is very low wrt your salary. They will give 2-3x net monthly income.

Next try for dcb if they don't agree then try for regalia gold. You need 3L cl and 3L spend in last 6m for regalia gold. And 5L cl and 4l spend in 6m for dcb.

If you spend the same 7.5 L on dcb you would lose very little wrt Infinia. So if they take even 1-2 year for upgrade, it won't hurt you.
Whereas if you spend the same in Millennia you would lose a lot of rewards because of low capping. And know that they are not making any commitment that they will give infinnia if you spend 7.5 L. They can still decline.

Don't change your salary account just yet. Take up dcb/regalia gold. Once you reach 7.5L spend in that card then mail them that if they give Infinia you might shift salary account to hdfc.
So its better to keep moving up step by step instead of loosing money reward capped cards. This is what I also feel. Why loose out today with hope of tomorrow.

rajantech

TF Select
Congratulations on Emeralde Private. There are very less users of this card on community and on market.

Does your Emeralde Private invitation came just by spends or based on your Credit Limit, Income or any HNI banking. Can you share some details on this.
I have a good ICICI relationship of over 10 years of Salary account, credit card, PPF, Bank Locker, Term Insurance, Car loan etc. Nothing much in FD. And no HNI types. The relationship was Privilege banking and became Wealth Management from last couple of years.

I think I got Emeralde mainly due to my usage on Amazon Pay card for last 5 years. Its CL reached 15 lacs 2 years ago and has been same since then. And the spend pattern was also over 10 lacs per year. Had been ignoring their upgrade offers. Think Emeralde plastic was there in the offer before launch of Metal.
But in Nov, the offer for Metal was visible on the iMobile app and I took it. Initially I was not willing to spend 12500 + GST. But the joining benefit were too good.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,
Need some expert advice.

Now my queries are:

If HDFC gives me millennia @S S V I can proudly post this 🌚
Millennia to infinia 🙃

techt

TF Legend
I have a good ICICI relationship of over 10 years of Salary account, credit card, PPF, Bank Locker, Term Insurance, Car loan etc. Nothing much in FD. And no HNI types. The relationship was Privilege banking and became Wealth Management from last couple of years.

I think I got Emralde mainly due to my usage on Amazon Pay card for last 5 years. Its CL reached 15 lacs 2 years ago and has been same since then. And the spend pattern was also over 10 lacs per year. Had been ignoring their upgrade offers. Think Emeralde plastic was there in the offer before launch of Metal.
But in Nov, the offer for Metal was visible on the iMobile app and I took it. Initially I was not willing to spend 12500 + GST. But the joining benefit were too good.
Usp of emerald?