• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Reserve Meet and Greet Denied at Mumbai T2

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Booked an airport luxury transfer as well as meet and greet through the Axis Reserve Card for last week of April 2023 for take off from Mumbai T2 for 2 Adults and 2 Kids .. Had booked this 4 days in advance.
Before leaving for the airport a lady from pranaam even called us and asked us what time we will be reaching the airport. The transfer was perfectly done in a bmw 5 series and he dropped us at gate no 1(vip) for the scheduled meet and greet. On unloading the bags we found no one waiting for us there. We asked around and called the lady who called us before leaving the airport. She said the booking has been cancelled from our end (meaning cancelled by axis) and on calling axis concierge to confront them on this they said cancelled by vendor( meaning pranaam). After a long phone call with axis concierge who said they cant do anything and time really running out, we picked up our bags went to the regular gate. With long queues just to enter the airport, i took my disappointed kids who i wanted to give a VIP experience on their first ever international trip and we moved slowly through check in, security and immigration! By Gods grace airport was not totally crowded that night else we would have missed our flight!

The issue here is not that i did not get to use the meet and greet, rather it was the blame game of axis blaming pranaam and vice versa and also the fact that pranaam called to check what time we were reaching not knowing till then that there's an issue. The cherry on the cake was that the pranaam people after all that had the guts to say "no problem sir you can still take the service by paying for 4 people!!" I thought it was fully booked!! thats why i was denied! Or maybe there's a daily quota for meet and greet through credit cards.. who knows!

The email shown in the screenshot was received few hours before the service time which I did not see as since I got the call from Pranaam so did not expect in my wildest imagination that this could happen.

The airport luxury transfer was perfectly done and we all enjoyed it for the experience!

Anyone else who had a similar experience please share their views..

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Booked an airport luxury transfer as well as meet and greet through the Axis Reserve Card for last week1am take off from Mumbai T2 for 2 Adults and 2 Kids .. Had booked this 4 days in advance.
Before leaving for the airport a lady from pranaam even called us and asked us what time we will be reaching the airport. The transfer was perfectly done in a bmw 5 series and he dropped us at gate no 1(vip) for the scheduled meet and greet. On unloading the bags we found no one waiting for us there. We asked around and called the lady who called us before leaving the airport. She said the booking has been cancelled from our end (meaning cancelled by axis) and on calling axis concierge to confront them on this they said cancelled by vendor( meaning pranaam). After a long phone call with axis concierge who said they cant do anything and time really running out, we picked up our bags went to the regular gate. With long queues just to enter the airport, i took my disappointed kids who i wanted to give a VIP experience on their first ever international trip and we moved slowly through check in, security and immigration! By Gods grace airport was not totally crowded that night else we would have missed our flight!

The issue here is not that i did not get to use the meet and greet, rather it was the blame game of axis blaming pranaam and vice versa and also the fact that pranaam called to check what time we were reaching not knowing till then that there's an issue. The cherry on the cake was that the pranaam people after all that had the guts to say "no problem sir you can still take the service by paying for 4 people!!" I thought it was fully booked!! thats why i was denied! Or maybe there's a daily quota for meet and greet through credit cards.. who knows!

The airport luxury transfer was perfectly done and we all enjoyed it for the experience!

Untitled2.jpg
Please escalate to all levels of axis bank to get the details about “this quota”.

talkwithfino

TF Premier
The audacity of this people to offer you paid service but state that free service is 'booked at capacity'.
I can understand that there might be a certain quota for complimentary meet and greet services; but they should have at least mentioned beforehand/ informed you in advance that meet and greet is not possible as it has been booked to its capacity

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Booked an airport luxury transfer as well as meet and greet through the Axis Reserve Card for last week of April 2023 for take off from Mumbai T2 for 2 Adults and 2 Kids .. Had booked this 4 days in advance.

The email shown in the screenshot was received few hours before the service time which I did not see as since I got the call from Pranaam so did not expect in my wildest imagination that this could happen.

Untitled2.jpg
This is the second same kind of post i saw today in both post ppl face issue with meet and greet service. I would urge u to take this matter to highest level so they don't do this kind of things to any other customer and 1 more thing as u said u were going on a trip with ur family so it must ne pre planned and u would have planned ur tri few months in advance if so they why didnt u book meet and greet service same time when u book ur flight tickets and why wait for last 4 days for booking??

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I
This is the second same kind of post i saw today in both post ppl face issue with meet and greet service. I would urge u to take this matter to highest level so they don't do this kind of things to any other customer and 1 more thing as u said u were going on a trip with ur family so it must ne pre planned and u would have planned ur tri few months in advance if so they why didnt u book meet and greet service same time when u book ur flight tickets and why wait for last 4 days for booking??
I booked meet and greet 3 week before but when I call axis concierge they said they have not got the booking yet , call us 1 week before

My meet and greet on 23 June , let see what happen

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
4 days because from what I have experienced or understood axis doesn’t give the booking to Pranaam till 48 hours before. And within that time also it is up to Pranaam to accept the booking or not based on its capacity and its own direct bookings of that day.. If it’s truly possible that booking meet and greet months in advance will guarantee my slot/booking then will definitely do that in the future!

After that incident we used the meet and greet in the return for international arrivals which was flawless and even used it in domestic T2 today itself.. hence considering it a one off incident and not pursuing further..
just shared the experience so that incase others face the same thing they don’t waste their time and go thru the normal airport procedures faster rather than wasting time on the phone with the concierge..

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The main problem is that you cannot book it a few days in advance and even when you book, you do not get a confirmation till the last moment. It is up to them to call you just the day before, and sometimes even just a few hours before the flight, on the same day. While I have never faced a cancellation, I have always stressed over it, what if they cancel at the last moment, until they confirm. The stress is not worth it. Just because it is so uncertain, I reach the airport well in advance, even though with the concierge it takes lesser time at the airport because I do not want to risk it if they do cancel at the last moment. And as mentioned by the OP, you cannot be sure even after they have called you for the details.

I have a scary feeling - can it be that they wait till the last moment to see if they are getting any paid bookings, and they release the slots for the free m&g that could not be sold? If on some days they manage to sell most slots, they deny it to people who book it under the free quota. Could this be the reason for last minute confirmations? If so, it will be highly erratic and unreliable and if this is one of the standout features for which someone has taken the card, will become useless.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The main problem is that you cannot book it a few days in advance and even when you book, you do not get a confirmation till the last moment. It is up to them to call you just the day before, and sometimes even just a few hours before the flight, on the same day. While I have never faced a cancellation, I have always stressed over it, what if they cancel at the last moment, until they confirm. The stress is not worth it. Just because it is so uncertain, I reach the airport well in advance, even though with the concierge it takes lesser time at the airport because I do not want to risk it if they do cancel at the last moment. And as mentioned by the OP, you cannot be sure even after they have called you for the details.

I have a scary feeling - can it be that they wait till the last moment to see if they are getting any paid bookings, and they release the slots for the free m&g that could not be sold? If on some days they manage to sell most slots, they deny it to people who book it under the free quota. Could this be the reason for last minute confirmations? If so, it will be highly erratic and unreliable and if this is one of the standout features for which someone has taken the card, will become useless.
Totally agree with what you have said.. with the amount of Magnus cards issued by axis, won’t be surprised if this is the next devaluation that we see. Simply because Pranaam,encalm etc have limited capacity as it is with an already existing business with paid clients so with the influx of many free quota bookings eventually the level of rejections by the meet and greet operators will only increase..
so enjoy it while it lasts like all worth-while credit card benefits!

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Pranaam,encalm etc have limited capacity as it is with an already existing business with paid clients so with the influx of many free quota bookings
The issue is exactly this, how they view the customers who access the service 'free' through credit cards. Is it really not paid? We do pay the credit card fee that is a package fee for all services promised. I am sure the card issuers must be paying them something for their cardholders. That amount maybe less than what they charge their other 'paid' customers, but it is a fee they must have agreed and committed to. So it is just about shortchanging and going back on a commitment to make some extra bucks. I think it is highly unethical business practice. This also happens because they know that here they can put the blame on each other and the customer will eventually be frustrated and give up the fight - Pranaam/Encalm blame it on Axis and Axis blames it on the service providers. The cardholders pay the card fee and are hence paid customers of all the services, to make them feel like freeloaders and enjoying freebies should be considered an insult.
The problem with the card companies is also that once they have a large enough number of cardmembers, they become complacent and the service mindset goes out, they become lazy and it stops to matter to them and they never take the 'trouble' of standing with and by their customers. These things just make me angry - not because of not getting these services, they hardly matter in the larger scheme of things. But the serious unprofessionalism and lack of ethics and how they treat their customers - is totally unacceptable.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is really sad. After getting a call from Pranaam asking about arrival time, one would be assured of the service. I am sad to hear that you could not give your kids the experience that you had planned for. It's your generosity that you are considering this as a one time fault, but to get to the roots of the problem, I think you should escalate. You should at least know who denied the service, pranaam (which is most likely true) or axis.

jyothisaiswaroop

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Untitled2.jpg
If this is the case, Axis bank should put the quota limit upfront else the benefit of Meet and Greet will loose its value!

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Now a days Nathu Khera also earns more than 30 lpa and can easily pay 10-12k annual fee. Better you guys keep your ego in your back pocket.
Bro im extremely sorry if my statement offended u in any way i mean to say was after recent exposure on YouTube magnus has become first choice for everyone and recently I've seen axis has made it super easy to get magnus thats why i said that everyone got magnus now a days.

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The ease and number of Magnus and Reserve being issued is scary. Now people are being denied of benefits even after paying a hefty fee. Axis should maintain some exclusivity and preserve quality of services.
For reserve I'll yes the fee is hefty but Magnus is just cheap for the economic value it offers. One is simply paying GST. I won't count Magnus as one of HNI cards.