• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Makes sense to get a paid SC Ultimate? (Already have LTF DCB and LTF Eterna)

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi team,

My paid card portfolio currently stands as:-

1. AmEx MRCC (Used for monthly rewards)
  2. AmEx Platinum Travel (Used for one time large purchases)
  3. SC Manhattan (Used for 5% cashback on grocery, but hardly hit the renewal fee waiver spends)
  4. Axis Ace (Used for all the places where AmEx Plat Travel and HDFC DCB are not accepted)
  5. Citi Indian Oil (Very easy to reach fee reversal with fuel alone)
  6. SBI SimplyClick (Used for SBI offers mostly)

I already have two supposedly Super Premium cards HDFC DCB (used for offline spends) and BoB Eterna (used for online spends).

My strategy going forward will be surrendering Axis Ace, SC Manhattan and SBI Simplyclick, and get the SC Ultimate instead. I will be using the SC Ultimate at all the offline places where my DCB / AmEx is not accepted. My Questions are:

1. Does this makes sense? I feel my portfolio is already cluttered and reducing the number of paid cards is only going to make it better
2. I will get renewal benefits on SC Ultimate every year even if I am unable to hit any milestones?

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Off topic. Which is the best credit card ( not super premium) that gives the maximum cashback for online spends everywhere.

I usually get 1 percent cashback for such spends , so thinking what would be a better card to use for such spends. Now that sc ultimate is out of the reach , I am looking for other options.

Gautham

TF Premier
Off topic. Which is the best credit card ( not super premium) that gives the maximum cashback for online spends everywhere.

I usually get 1 percent cashback for such spends , so thinking what would be a better card to use for such spends. Now that sc ultimate is out of the reach , I am looking for other options.
SC smart and Axis Ace.

Cryptopsycho

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Thanks, yeah axis ace has 2% cashback. have axis Flipkart which has 1.5% and they are upgrading me to select.

I guess I should just stick to axis Flipkart or else I will lose out on 5 % Myntra and flipkart cashbacks.
i would suggest until you are getting Ace, no point losing out on Flipkart! 1.5% everywhere and 5% on Flipkart n Myntra are pretty good rewards!!

Reactions: BMR

ujjawal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your feedback @Gauthama But will ace give me 5 percent on flipkart and Myntra ? I shop a lot on myntra, close to 10k every month and occasionally on flipkart too.
You can buy Myntra gift cards from https://www.woohoo.in/myntra-e-gift-card-voucher , they give direct 5% discount so need to wait for cashback. If you use ACE card your effective cashback will be 7%, which is better than Flipkart card.

Reactions: BMR

Gautham

TF Premier
Thanks for your feedback @Gauthama But will ace give me 5 percent on flipkart and Myntra ? I shop a lot on myntra, close to 10k every month and occasionally on flipkart too.
If you shop a lot on myntra, get SC Digismart card which offers 20% upto 700 every month. Upto 5000 spends means ur monthly fee is waived. Remaining 5000 purchase with flipkart card.
You should be getting ace/fk/digismart/smart all 4 cards. I have all 4 and i get immense benefits from all 4.

Gautham

TF Premier
If you shop a lot on myntra, get SC Digismart card which offers 20% upto 700 every month. Upto 5000 spends means ur monthly fee is waived. Remaining 5000 purchase with flipkart card.
You should be getting ace/fk/digismart/smart all 4 cards. I have all 4 and i get immense benefits from all 4.
Sorry forgot that SC card problem for you.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Since u have huge spends of 10k/month for a 5% discount, dont restrict yourself by buying gift vouchers. Myntra always have 10% discount with one or other bank on a min 3k transaction. So consider your min transaction per purchase and decide yourself.
Another discovery for me. I thought the bank discounts on Myntra are applicable only on purchase of merchandise. D-)